Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibletrampis
mad hatter

shroomery, growery... how about the brewery?
    #218595 - 04/22/09 10:27 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I like these sites and all the info they have to offer, and the boards where you can talk with people about this and that and whatever. I was just thinkin it would be sweet if there was a 'brewery' for people that like to make their own alcohol. I intend on making my own wine soon. do any of you make your own alcohol?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHydro
Male

Re: shroomery, growery... how about the brewery? [Re: trampis]
    #218597 - 04/22/09 10:29 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Yha back in the days i use to make moonshine, i have some pretty good recipe for this ( also for home made cherry wine)  I agree for brewery but first lets get more user for growery !

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
    #218598 - 04/22/09 10:30 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

maybe

--------------------

Invisiblebeatyou
Male User Gallery

Loc: 512/atx
Re: shroomery, growery... how about the brewery? [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #218599 - 04/22/09 10:33 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

There are already some big forums in the homebrew world

http://www.brewboard.com/ is very active and ive referenced it a bit

--------------------
this is me on a bar, 3 methrolls (up 4 days), ketamine, and some good acid two years ago.

OfflineSacrament
XaNaX
Male

Re: shroomery, growery... how about the brewery? [Re: beatyou]
    #218656 - 04/22/09 02:43 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

The growery is still a baby

--------------------
Who the boss nigga?

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: shroomery, growery... how about the brewery? [Re: Sacrament]
    #218684 - 04/22/09 04:51 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I agree for brewery but first lets get more user for growery !

:ganja:

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Edited by Dr. Siekadellyk (04/22/09 04:52 PM)

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
Re: shroomery, growery... how about the brewery? [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #218721 - 04/22/09 07:22 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Holy shit dude, you're a frickin' genuis! It makes more sence than "The Shroomery"! I mean, its already got the "-ery" ending in its name, which the Shroomery likely came from the word "Brewery". We should all petition to the makers or the Shroomery and Growery to make this site happen.

Only one request thou: We have to be making illegal beer. Since the Shroomery and Growery share about how to grow "illegal" substances like Shrooms and Ganja, so should the Brewery. Ya know, to stay in the same theme of its sister sites. So, maybe just makin' moonshine, Whitelighting, and wormwood-soaked Absinthe. That would probably too specific, so regular boring "legal" beers would have to be the main source of brewing info.

I know! I got it! Did you know that Hops (Humulus Lupulus) is in the same family as Marijuana (Cannabis Sativa/Indica)?! They are in a family called Cannabaceae and guess what the only 2 genuses are in that botanical family are: Weed and Hops! Pretty cool ehh! And that means that the 2 plants are botanically-related to each other, which brings me to my next point...

Anyway, I was thinking instead of brewing beer with Hops, why not brew it with BUDZ! How cool would that be? I'd call my weed-beer hybrid "The Green Genie". It will taste AMAZING. Who wants sum REAL BudWISER Beer? I know I do...

Your "buddy",
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Edited by TrueHerbCrystal (04/22/09 07:24 PM)

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: shroomery, growery... how about the brewery? [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #218731 - 04/22/09 07:36 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

TrueHerbCrystal said:
Holy shit dude, you're a frickin' genuis! It makes more sence than "The Shroomery"! I mean, its already got the "-ery" ending in its name, which the Shroomery likely came from the word "Brewery". We should all petition to the makers or the Shroomery and Growery to make this site happen.

Only one request thou: We have to be making illegal beer. Since the Shroomery and Growery share about how to grow "illegal" substances like Shrooms and Ganja, so should the Brewery. Ya know, to stay in the same theme of its sister sites. So, maybe just makin' moonshine, Whitelighting, and wormwood-soaked Absinthe. That would probably too specific, so regular boring "legal" beers would have to be the main source of brewing info.

I know! I got it! Did you know that Hops (Humulus Lupulus) is in the same family as Marijuana (Cannabis Sativa/Indica)?! They are in a family called Cannabaceae and guess what the only 2 genuses are in that botanical family are: Weed and Hops! Pretty cool ehh! And that means that the 2 plants are botanically-related to each other, which brings me to my next point...

Anyway, I was thinking instead of brewing beer with Hops, why not brew it with BUDZ! How cool would that be? I'd call my weed-beer hybrid "The Green Genie". It will taste AMAZING. Who wants sum REAL BudWISER Beer? I know I do...

Your "buddy",
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

haha call it the DISTILLERY because making pure alchohol is illegal most places (moonshine)(everclear)... :paperbag:

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#218745 - 04/22/09 08:04 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
haha call it the DISTILLERY because making pure alchohol is illegal most places (moonshine)(everclear)... :paperbag:

The DISTILLERY! Beautiful! And you're right about how its illegal to make pure alcohol like Moonshine. Most states can't even sell it in liquor stores. And that way, it stays to the "Make your own illegal substance" theme that The Shroomery and The Growery has going.

And don't forget to include info on how to make REAL BudWISER Beer ( "Now with More Budz!" ). That would be a winner on the future DISTILLERY site, fo' shure.

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #218748 - 04/22/09 08:09 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

TrueHerbCrystal said:
Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:

The DISTILLERY! Beautiful! And you're right about how its illegal to make pure alcohol like Moonshine. Most states can't even sell it in liquor stores. And that way, it stays to the "Make your own illegal substance" theme that The Shroomery and The Growery has going.

And don't forget to include info on how to make REAL BudWISER Beer ( "Now with More Budz!" ). That would be a winner on the future DISTILLERY site, fo' shure.

i really like your BUDZwiezer brew idea......did you know hops is one of the few plants that you can plant together with your cannabis and have the roots grapht to eachother and actually acquire and effective amount of thc in the hops because of the genetics of the pot is tranfering to hops .....in the end this = hops that have a high thc content!!!!

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#218755 - 04/22/09 08:22 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
i really like your BUDZwiezer brew idea......did you know hops is one of the few plants that you can plant together with your cannabis and have the roots grapht to eachother and actually acquire and effective amount of thc in the hops because of the genetics of the pot is tranfering to hops .....in the end this = hops that have a high thc content!!!!

Wow, I did not know you could do that! I wonder if anyone has ever tried this and made a beer out of it. I wonder how it tasted, just it depends on the bud strain too.

By the way, I made the name BudWISER not BUDZwiezer. I wanted to make the name a play-on-words on Budweiser' name, as in "Budz that make you WISER" Its BudWISER!:)

But hey, with your BUDZwiezer name already thought-up, looks like you already got an excellent brand-name for your next beer and grow operation: THC-laced Hops!

I think its about time I start a thread on this in the "Marijuana Cultivation" Forum. Time to get to work...

~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #218762 - 04/22/09 08:26 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

TrueHerbCrystal said:
Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:

Wow, I did not know you could do that! I wonder if anyone has ever tried this and made a beer out of it. I wonder how it tasted, just it depends on the bud strain too.

By the way, I made the name BudWISER not BUDZwiezer. I wanted to make the name a play-on-words on Budweiser' name, as in "Budz that make you WISER" Its BudWISER!:)

But hey, with your BUDZwiezer name already thought-up, looks like you already got an excellent brand-name for your next beer and grow operation: THC-laced Hops!

I think its about time I start a thread on this in the "Marijuana Cultivation" Forum. Time to get to work...

~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

haha i actually slipped on the Z key i didnt mean to put it there....i like BUDwiezer better anyway ....it just fits better too. :chugbeer:

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

#218837 - 04/22/09 10:41 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

im cool with the idea but...

i think the shroomery is good, at it's own thing-- the shroomery.

even though i like this place (growery), it's too "shroomery". maybe if they simply just made it look more original. i just have a feeling if i couldn't tell the difference between blue and green that i would think it was the same forum. (also the fact that the news here on the front page links to the shroomery news forum, very annoying when you are perambanned from the shroomery and want to talk about a news article).

(however i must say the forum software is pretty advanced and nice.)

OfflineCountry1

Re: shroomery, growery... how about the brewery? [Re: usg543]
    #218841 - 04/22/09 10:46 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I recently started making moonshine with friends, anyone who has a good recipe or anything post it somewhere on here it would be cool to see how you do it

InvisibleTripityDooDaDay
Male User Gallery

Re: shroomery, growery... how about the brewery? [Re: Country1]
    #218880 - 04/23/09 03:11 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I used to make my own beer, wine and shine. All good.

I rarely made lagers due to the extra trouble and refrigeration requirements. I usually made naturally carbonated ales. Something along the lines of a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale would be a close example. I leaned more toward the dark dry reds with my wines such as Cabernet, or pinot. I also took full advantage of our local sweet muscadine grapes too though. As for shine I mostly fermented plain sugar using a turbo yeast and distilled to produce 196% which was then mixed with good quality well water to 50% and charcoal filtered for a super clean vodka. I played around with other types but the only other I made often was a good simple scotch. A trick I learned to make that easy if not cheap was to use dry malt extract such as for beer making and a good dry wine or champagne yeast for the ferment and then distill that at a low reflux ratio. Store for a while on charred oak, filtered and bottled. That simple and came out tasting like a good single malt. When I say charred oak I don't mean expensive barrels or anything. I literally took sticks of local seasoned oak wood and burned then until blackened well, wiped them clean until no more dust came off and stuck the pieces into my jars of scotch.

I didn't sell but I could easily get $20 a quart for my vodka and a lot more for the scotch. I gave away a lot more of the wine and beer than I ever consumed. I still have a virtual alcohol lab minus the still. I need to get back into that. It's a fun and rewarding hobby aside from all of the damn cleaning and sterilizing.

This still I used was this one.

Bought from http://www.brewhaus.com/Essential-Extractor-Pro-Series-II-Complete-P1015C96.aspx

They had a nice forum at  http://www.brewhausforum.com/ though I don't know how active it is these days.

The single best source of info on distilling that I know of can be found here. http://homedistiller.org/

The best wine making info source I know of is http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/

As for beer I quickly brewed up a few recipes that were near perfect to me and never looked much farther so I don't really have any favs there other than supplier pages. Most of which were local for convenience and wouldn't really apply to a broad audience such as here. Most of you will have such brew stores in your own areas.

A forum that covered it all could quickly become quite extensive.

Something you growers interested in making beer might find intriguing is growing our own hops. It's the hops after all that truly make any beer unique.

InvisibleTripityDooDaDay
Male User Gallery

#475985 - 09/12/10 12:48 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

TrueHerbCrystal said:

Your "buddy",
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

I was reading an old post of mine on http://www.brewery.org/ and remembered this thread. I don't know how I failed to mention in my previous post that "Brewery" already existed and has for quite some time. Just isn't run by the same people as Shroomery and Growery. That's too bad because it is a great site and board in it's own right and could only be improved by having the same setup as these boards.

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: shroomery, growery... how about the brewery? [Re: TripityDooDaDay]
    #475990 - 09/12/10 01:03 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

ythan needs to hit up the brewery, and see if they can have the same format and whatnot.
this would be bad ass.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom