Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDr. Awesome

growing in 100% coir, possible deficiencies?
    #212280 - 04/04/09 10:00 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

about 4 days ago a friend of mine brought over a fairly new seedling planted in a peat pot full of coir.  i dont really have any experience with coir other than with mushrooms (great bulk substrate for that tho :wink: )  ive heard great things about coir, but have read about something called coco toxicity.  cant find the original article so hopefully someone knows what im talking about. 

the guy who brought it to me said he wasn't too sure how old the plant was but it is exhibiting these signs...  all stems are a really dark purple, not sure if it just a phenotype of the plant, but the undersides of the leaves also show a slight purple coloring.  i read that a zinc deficiency can cause red in the stems and branches, as well as really short internode distances, but the plant does appear to be an indica, so the short internode distance doesn't strike me as odd.  im hoping that these are both just traits of whatever this strain is.  the new growth at the top is much more pale than  shoots starting lower on the plant and has wrinkled leaf margins, but the veins in the leaves are still a nice dark green in the lower shoots some of the leaves are slightly irregular in shape, having more of a rounded off look, almost like the cotyledons, or from what i have seen in clones taken from plants that are already well into the flowering stage.

im wondering if there are any basic tips for growing in coir in a pot. (not done with any kind of hydroponic irrigation)or any particular deficiencies that are common with coir

my instinct here is to flush the coir really well, just to be sure.  it doesn't seem to have stunted growth and is showing decent growth, but id rather catch any problems early before they become something major.

here are some pics of the little girl (or guy, but i have my fingers crossed)  any thoughts or suggestions?

not the best pic, my camera sucks and the color isnt as accurate as i would like it to be.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAndre Nickatina
Smoov like water

Re: growing in 100% coir, possible deficiencies? [Re: Dr. Awesome]
    #212436 - 04/05/09 06:47 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Give it some calmag and make sure your feeding with a Ph of 5.8 or so

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder