Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineegoa

Never grown before, looking for help/ tips.
    #197596 - 02/19/09 04:48 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Hey guys, haven't been around much lately but here it goes.

I am moving into a new apartment soon, one where I will be able to grow a small amount of weed. I am looking for some cost-efficient ways to grow in a small place (closet or cupboards perhaps) while reducing whatever amount of smell this will cause.

I have never grown weed before and really have no idea where to start, most of the guides I have read don't seem to talk about what I am trying to do.

• Will there be any issues with the size it grows? (Can I grow it 1-3 feet tall without any issue?)
  • What type of a turn around time would a shorter plant height cause? (Will the growth/ cultivation of a 3 foot tall plant take less time than a bigger plant?)
  • What are the differences (if any) between a Marijuana plant and other types of plant? Do they enjoy the same types of "special treatment" that other plants do?

Any help you can provide would be great!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePolkaudio1
im so high i cant even think

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: Never grown before, looking for help/ tips. [Re: egoa]
    #197604 - 02/19/09 05:43 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I don't know much about indoors. But there is a Male plant an a Female you don't want the male it will fuck up the hole harvest, I'm sure someone with a little know how will help you. Go to the marijuana grow logs, There you can ask someone.

--------------------

OfflinePsilomind2

#197605 - 02/19/09 05:45 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Pruning you plants so that they dont exceed a certain height will not harm anything, you just need to start pruning when you plants have between 10-14 nodes...meaning sets of branches or leaves coming off the main stalk. You can use string and small dowel rods to tie down the branches, just do it gently at first and increase it until they are horizontal, over a period of a week or so.

Mary jane like food, just don't do anything at first, just use miracle grow potting mix and put the seeds in the dirt about 1/2 " down. Don't exceed 2-3 plants per 1 gallon pot. Keep that soil very wet and cover with a lid or plastic wrap to keep condensation in, seeds will sprout in less than a week this way. Take the plastic off and don't water until soil is dry 2" down. Or about a week after they sprout. For the first 2 months you want blue light lamps, meaning, 6500K 90 watt Bright Effects flouresant spotlights found at lowes.. they use like 26 watts a peice.$12.00 a peice is all, Lowes has them, and you can buy the reflector/socket that have the spring clamp on em to put the bulbs in. I would use at least 3 of these to start. When the plants reach 2 ft, add 2 3000K flouros in place of two of the 6500's. You need a timer, get a digital as they work without fail and have battery backup. Set the timer for 18 hrs on and 6 hrs off during the first parts, when you are ready to make them start budding, switch out 2 of the lamps with the 3000K's and set the timer so they are on for 10 hrs on and 14 hrs off. add a little 15/30/15 fertilizer mixed per instructions on box and use it once per week, but only enough to wet the soil, not drench. Use reg water for the rest of the watering plan.

Make sure you buy a bag of perlite or pearl stones to put in the bottom of your pots, about 1" from bottom for drainage, and use draining pots of course.

Thats about as easy to do as I can give you. Hope this helps, good luck and happy growing!!

Give us pics now and again.

About he male female thing, yes, just before your ready to flower, you need a magnifying glass or something to look at the V where the branches come off the main stalk. You will see two things, either long spindley minature hairs or hairs that look like they get fatter at the base, like a seed pod. but very small at this stage. If they look like they get fatter the closer they get to the V, you have female, longer straighter usually mean male. You can look this up for pictues to see what I mean.

Edited by Psilomind2 (02/19/09 05:58 PM)

OfflineSevenFingers
Yamabushi
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #197606 - 02/19/09 05:47 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

egoa said:
I am moving into a new apartment soon, one where I will be able to grow a small amount of weed. I am looking for some cost-efficient ways to grow in a small place (closet or cupboards perhaps) while reducing whatever amount of smell this will cause.

First let me say THANK YOU for asking an educated question!

Second, there are some great ways for you to get solid potent nugs even in small spaces.

You will need to have 2 separate set-ups to run an efficient operation. Veg and Flower. You will only need odor protection for the flowering chamber, and I recommend this and have used it with great results:

This is the link to a very affordable carbon filter which will eliminate your odor issues in the small flowering chamber.

http://htgsupply.com/viewproduct.asp?productID=49749

This is the link to the 4 inch inline fan which you attach to the filter to ventilate your flower chamber:

http://htgsupply.com/viewproduct.asp?productID=46434

All you have to do is make a hole and attach the pieces with a piece of 4 inch dryer hose.

For lighting it really depends on how much space you are trying to cover. For a pretty small area I would recommend a 125 watt CFL, you can get the one with reflector and everything and dual spectrum for like $100 us, cant remember the site. Or you could use a 250 watt HPS, but if its a really small area you may need to attack it to your ventilation system depending on what kind of heat builds up.

Quote:

egoa said:
I have never grown weed before and really have no idea where to start, most of the guides I have read don't seem to talk about what I am trying to do.

If you don't care about pirating books or movies, you can download lots of books and even videos that teach you how to grow. Use your torrent.

Quote:

egoa said:
[LIST]
  • Will there be any issues with the size it grows? (Can I grow it 1-3 feet tall without any issue?)

• When starting from seed, it is very impractical to grow such small plants. However, once your seedlings are about 6-8 weeks old you can take cuttings or clones and flower them for sex or in a small sea of green style set-up. When flowered directly after rooting, it is possible to keep plants less than 12 inches tall.

Quote:

egoa said:
  • What type of a turn around time would a shorter plant height cause? (Will the growth/ cultivation of a 3 foot tall plant take less time than a bigger plant?)

• The flowering period of cannabis will not usually be less than 6 weeks. Most strains require more time, with an average of 8 weeks being the norm, but it is always important to check the ripeness of your flowers no matter what.

Quote:

egoa said:
  • What are the differences (if any) between a Marijuana plant and other types of plant? Do they enjoy the same types of "special treatment" that other plants do?

• There are many differences between cannabis and other types of plants. For instance, cannabis can only bloom with a certain photo-period, usually 12/12 light/dark for indoors. Other types of plants will flower no matter how much light they get. This is just a rudimentary example and I am too drunk to go into other examples lol.

Feel free to ask anymore questions you have, I will help you everyday if you need it. Good luck with your crop, I hope this info helps you along the way, and do a little more research and I can answer more in depth questions as they arise.

Peace.

--------------------
    Stay High, Stay Safe.

Offlineegoa

Re: Never grown before, looking for help/ tips. [Re: SevenFingers]
        #197676 - 02/19/09 08:14 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Wow that is awesome guys! Thank you very much, I will definitely get pics once everything is setup and possibly drive some of you nuts with questions :wink:

OfflinePsilomind2

#197683 - 02/19/09 08:24 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Happy to pass along the wisdom, let us know when you get started and show us a pic, we will always be happy to help! Showing pics does more than prove your intent, but also gives us all an idea what happenin and any advice is easier given seeing what kind of grow you have going.

OfflineSevenFingers
    Yamabushi
     User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    Re: Never grown before, looking for help/ tips. [Re: Psilomind2]
        #197861 - 02/20/09 11:12 AM (15 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

Psilomind2 said:
    Showing pics does more than prove your intent, but also gives us all an idea what happenin and any advice is easier given seeing what kind of grow you have going.

I'd like to add also that if you were to give pics of the space you intend to use before you even begin shopping for items we can give you advice as to what particular items would be of the most benefit given the shape and size of the grow space.

--------------------
    Stay High, Stay Safe.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck