Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

Loc: Flag
The Kellogg Company Drops Michael Phelps, We Drop Kellogg’s
    #193016 - 02/06/09 09:16 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

http://blog.norml.org/2009/02/06/the-kellogg-company-drops-michael-phelps-the-cannabis-community-drops-kelloggs/

Quote:

It may have been expected, but that doesn’t make it right.

Late Thursday, cereal and snack manufacturer Kellogg’s announced that it will not renew its sponsorship contract with 14-time Olympic gold medal champion Michael Phelps. The company said that Phelps’ recent acknowledgment of marijuana use, and subsequent apology, was “not consistent with the image” of the company.

We disagree!

As NORML wrote earlier this week, it’s not Michael Phelps who should be castigated, but rather it’s the absurd and hypocritical laws that criminalize the behavior of Phelps and tens of millions of other successful and productive Americans like him that is worthy of condemnation.

Millions of Americans agree. In fact, in the past week dozens of high profile pundits and commentators — including Kathleen Parker in the Washington Post, Stanton Peele in the Wall Street Journal, and Doug Bandow in National Review Online — have demanded a repeal of America’s archaic and overly punitive pot laws.

Michael Phelps is in good company. Nearly one out of two Americans have admitted using marijuana. Whether or not the most decorated athlete in history chooses to unwind during his off time with a glass of wine or a bit of cannabis is really none of the government’s — or our — business.

Please take time today to contact the Kellogg Corporation. Tell them that you oppose their decision to drop Michael Phelps and that, as a result of their actions, you will not be purchasing any Kellogg’s related products for the next three months (or until the company decides to reinstate the Phelps as their spokesperson).

There are several ways you can make your opinion known to the company.

You can call Kellogg’s main telephone number during east coast business hours, Monday through Friday, at: (269) 961-2000 or toll free at: 1 (800) 962-1413.

You can e-mail Kellogg’s consumer services department by visiting: http://www2.kelloggs.com/ContactUs.aspx.

You can contact Kellogg’s media relation department at: 269-961-3799 or via e-mail at media.hotline@kellogg.com.

You can e-mail Kellogg’s corporate responsibility department at: corporateresponsibility@kellogg.com.

You can e-mail Kellogg’s investor relations department at: investor.relations@kellogg.com.

Or finally, you can write the Kellogg Company a letter at:

One Kellogg Square
P.O. Box 3599
Battle Creek, MI 49016-3599

When contacting the company, please be polite and concise. Tell them:

“Hi, my name is _____________ and I’m a frequent consumer of Kellogg’s products.

Nearly one out of two Americans has used marijuana. This includes tens of thousands of prominent, highly successful Americans — including our current President. Michael Phelps should not be stigmatized nor condemned for private behavior that he, and millions of others, engage in.

The majority of the public, as well as those in the media, are standing behind Michael Phelps and so am I. I will no longer be purchasing Kellogg’s brand products until your company reverses its decision and reinstates Michael Phelps as your spokesperson.”

Thank you for standing up against the needless discrimination of cannabis consumers.

:specialk: = :devil:

http://norml.org/images/blog/kelloggs_boycott_200.gif

--------------------
[quote]
“You see this glass bong?” asks Achaan Chaa, the Thai meditation master. “For me this glass is already broken. I enjoy it; I smoke out of it. It holds my water admirably, sometimes even reflecting the sun in beautiful patterns. If I should tap it, it has a lovely ring to it. But when I put this glass bong on the shelf and the wind knocks it over or my elbow brushes it off the table and it falls to the ground and shatters, I say, ‘Of course.’ When I understand that the glass is already broken, every moment with it is precious.”[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinexdzt
Re: The Kellogg Company Drops Michael Phelps, We Drop Kellogg’s [Re: spacemonkey69]
    #193091 - 02/07/09 03:27 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Somehow I really don't think:

A) Enough people will do this for it to be effective

B) Kellogg's gives a fark about a couple stoners -- I'm sure keeping the "Think of the children!" exclaiming, breakfast cereal purchasing soccer/hockey moms are worth it.

InvisibleFazed
and dazed

Re: The Kellogg Company Drops Michael Phelps, We Drop Kellogg’s [Re: xdzt]
    #193094 - 02/07/09 04:55 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

How fucking ridiculous. God I hate society's attitude that we have to live within.

--------------------

OfflineHarlz

Loc: cloudz
Re: The Kellogg Company Drops Michael Phelps, We Drop Kellogg’s [Re: Fazed]
    #193098 - 02/07/09 07:18 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Fazed said:
How fucking ridiculous. God I hate society's attitude that we have to live within.

I totally agree the man is caught smoking out of a bong, and he is looked down upon in society no matter how many gold medals he won now.. pathetic, if he was drinkin a 40 of Jack daniels or beating a hooker in the photo he wouldnt be persectued half as bad as what the media is doing today!

Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

Re: The Kellogg Company Drops Michael Phelps, We Drop Kellogg’s [Re: Harlz]
    #193101 - 02/07/09 07:37 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I don't know about that :rolleyes:

--------------------
[quote]
“You see this glass bong?” asks Achaan Chaa, the Thai meditation master. “For me this glass is already broken. I enjoy it; I smoke out of it. It holds my water admirably, sometimes even reflecting the sun in beautiful patterns. If I should tap it, it has a lovely ring to it. But when I put this glass bong on the shelf and the wind knocks it over or my elbow brushes it off the table and it falls to the ground and shatters, I say, ‘Of course.’ When I understand that the glass is already broken, every moment with it is precious.”[/quote]

OfflineHarlz

Re: The Kellogg Company Drops Michael Phelps, We Drop Kellogg’s [Re: spacemonkey69]
    #193102 - 02/07/09 07:44 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

spacemonkey69 said:
I don't know about that :rolleyes:

maybe not the hooker but i bet if they did find a picture of him drinking JD it might not have even gone public

Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

#193103 - 02/07/09 08:04 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Of course if wouldn't he is 23, he is allowed to drink.

But i totally agree with you, the media is blowing this way out of proportion. Maybe its because he a swimmer and you don't usually expect swimmers to smoke. But hey a little bud never hurt anyone. :shrug:

--------------------
[quote]

OfflineHarlz

#193104 - 02/07/09 08:07 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

aha for sure he is totally the legal age to drink but does that make it ok? in my opinion alcohol is more harmful than weed which is why I think its ridiculous how much of an Issue this is with him

Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

#193105 - 02/07/09 08:14 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

So how long do you think it will take for marijuana to be legalized now that we have a 8 gold medal Olympian athlete smoking it now?

--------------------
[quote]

OfflineHarlz

#193106 - 02/07/09 08:24 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Edited by Harlz (02/28/10 08:05 AM)

OfflineNothing Is

#193305 - 02/08/09 12:56 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Cool.

I'm sending my letter snail. More effective.

It does make a difference.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: The Kellogg Company Drops Michael Phelps, We Drop Kellogg’s [Re: Nothing Is]
    #193308 - 02/08/09 01:09 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I just sent them an e-mail

"Why is it OK, in the eyes of Kellogg's, that a person can drink and drive?

Drinking and driving is far more reckless, and dangerous,
than smoking some marijuana in the privacy of ones home.

Mr. Phelps has harmed no one in his marijuana smoking except himself, and even then not much....
the man won 8 gold medals in the last Olympics for crying out loud.

Your no longer sponsoring Mr Phelps for smoking a some marijuana
yet turning a blind eye to his drinking and driving
is the pinnacle of hypocrisy in my opinion.

I would like a serious reply from Kellogg's on this issue.
Although I probably won't get it"

--------------------
The Ego is a pathological condition
like a calcareous tumor or cyst
that begins growing in the personality
in the absence of hallucinogenic substances
-Terence McKenna-

OfflineDoitagain
Smoothie therapist
Male User Gallery

Loc: i am everywhere and nowhe...
Re: The Kellogg Company Drops Michael Phelps, We Drop Kellogg’s [Re: niteowl]
    #193310 - 02/08/09 01:41 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
I just sent them an e-mail

"Why is it OK, in the eyes of Kellogg's, that a person can drink and drive?

Drinking and driving is far more reckless, and dangerous,
than smoking some marijuana in the privacy of ones home.

Mr. Phelps has harmed no one in his marijuana smoking except himself, and even then not much....
the man won 8 gold medals in the last Olympics for crying out loud.

Your no longer sponsoring Mr Phelps for smoking a some marijuana
yet turning a blind eye to his drinking and driving
is the pinnacle of hypocrisy in my opinion.

I would like a serious reply from Kellogg's on this issue.
Although I probably won't get it"

we need more grandpas like you man.

--------------------
ltd said:
fgts just don't understand

keep the shit

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: The Kellogg Company Drops Michael Phelps, We Drop Kellogg’s [Re: Doitagain]
    #193311 - 02/08/09 01:43 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

:hehehe:

--------------------
The Ego is a pathological condition
like a calcareous tumor or cyst
that begins growing in the personality
in the absence of hallucinogenic substances
-Terence McKenna-

InvisibleTripityDooDaDay
Male User Gallery

#193316 - 02/08/09 02:05 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I can just imagine Kellog's reaction. "A bunch of stoners are going to make a stand and stop munching our cereals, snacks and pop tarts? Down to the cheez-it's even? :lol::rofl2::rofl: "

Offlinemrspirit
man with spirit
Loc: hithertither
Re: The Kellogg Company Drops Michael Phelps, We Drop Kellogg’s [Re: TripityDooDaDay]
    #193532 - 02/09/09 02:11 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Let's do it! BOYCOTT :headbang3:

InvisibleTripityDooDaDay
Male User Gallery

Re: The Kellogg Company Drops Michael Phelps, We Drop Kellogg’s [Re: mrspirit]
    #193533 - 02/09/09 02:28 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I swear. When I'm done with this box of Cheez-Its I'm buying no more. Going to get someone else to do it for me. Fuck em!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder