Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineVoodoo
Empty
Male User Gallery

drying question
    #192549 - 02/05/09 11:31 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

so, when i/you dry some buds, how do u make them taste the best? like my question is when i dry buds, the longer they take to dry without molding possibly the better they taste/high you get. lets say i dry them in the air half the day and then the other half the day put them in a paper bag or soemthing and it ends up taking like 2 weeks to dry and it never molded would that make it taste super good/make it super potent?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSevenFingers
Yamabushi
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: drying question [Re: Voodoo]
    #192556 - 02/05/09 12:03 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

You've got the concept right, but instead of using a paper bag, use a plastic bag or air-tight glass container, as this cures the bud (re-distributes the moisture from the inside of the bud) so you don't end up with crispy flaky nuggets.

There's lots of info for curing buds around, do a little research and you can find yourself the perfect method for your situation.

And you're right in thinking the longer and slower the dry/cure process, the smoother and tastier your bud will be. I'm not sure if potency is really affected by taking the extra time, but potency will be affected by how you handle your buds. Be gentle with them so you don't knock off too many trichomes with rough handling, as that WILL lower potency.

--------------------
Stay High, Stay Safe.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: drying question [Re: SevenFingers]
    #192561 - 02/05/09 12:12 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

He is referring to something else. You can do that just be sure the buds are separated well in the paper bags. Once they are dry so that when you break the stem it cracks not bends you can move them to jars and this is where you get more potency from/flavor as well.

Using those glass jars with the flip top lids and seals...Used for coffee and shit a lot you see buds in them a lot in pictures too. You simply jar burp them daily and shake them lightly as well. Just to move the buds around not a harsh shake. Jar burping is like FAE for mushrooms. In a few weeks you have well cured buds. The longer you do it the better, but after like 1 month and half or so they aren't going to get any better.

Keep in mind be sure the stem cracks. You don't want good buds moulding.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineAnnom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Trusted Cultivator
Re: drying question [Re: mhbound]
    #192673 - 02/05/09 04:04 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Using those glass jars with the flip top lids and seals.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: drying question [Re: Annom]
    #192676 - 02/05/09 04:21 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

:thumbup:

I don't have any pictures on this computer but yes those are the jars.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlinelothario
 User Gallery

Re: drying question [Re: mhbound]
    #192703 - 02/05/09 05:44 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I've also used tightly sealed rubbermaid boxes with good results. Jars are best though!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies