Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineThe_Centre
Male
Mutant plant?!?
    #192220 - 02/04/09 01:15 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I have a very weird plant here, it started out with 3 first leaves, and 3 first "real" leaves, plus, my third node is very weird, the one fan leaf has 2 big fingers and one small one, making 4 fingers, and the two other ones are normal, that makes 3 fan leafs per node, plus the one fan leaf is very weird.

I will post a pic some other time, but I was wondering if this is a common occurance with plants. My friend grows and this is my first real big grow (20 plants, outdoor, in my back yard, best light I can get plus best attention to them too.) and this one might be the cross we made. We made a cross with a hermaphroditic Swazi/Durban (We planted a few of each, kind of forgot which was which, but it was a very uppy high so we where guessing Durban.) and a Jack Herrer/White Widow. (We did both, I do not know which seed I ended up with.)
Most of my plants are Durban, some of them are the cross, and one of them are Super Skunk.

I grow from bag seed because normally, with even the best weed, the growers intentionally pollinate it a little so that they have seed for there next grow. So you get one seed in every 5g or so.

--------------------
Current Grow, backyard outdoor.

Backyard Grow

It is just you out there, there is nothing to fear, as it is all just you. Displeasure and fear is an illusion, love is the only truth...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: Mutant plant?!? [Re: The_Centre]
    #192232 - 02/04/09 02:13 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

it happens every now and again.  Here's a thread we had on one back in november.

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

Offlineyellownotepad
Pharmaceutical Agriculturalist
 User Gallery

Re: Mutant plant?!? [Re: Yrat]
    #192255 - 02/04/09 04:28 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

generally referred to as 'trifoliate'.  i've heard a few things, not sure the truth of any of them.  some people say that most of the time these end up being male.  also a lot of people have said that the plant sort of 'grows out of it' and stops being trifoliate as it matures later on.  most of the threads i've read about it say that its cool to look at but i've heard bad things about yield with trifoliate plants.  this is all just what i've read of course :shrug:

OfflineThe_Centre
Male
Re: Mutant plant?!? [Re: yellownotepad]
    #192522 - 02/05/09 07:38 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Well, when I read that thread, one guy says it has bigger and fatter buds, the other says it has less yield. I'll grow it for luck, like a 4 leaf clover, but more like a mutant weed plant.

BTW, it is kind of late in the season (southern hemisphere.) but I live in the second most moderate climate in the world and the sun sets at 8 right now, so it will still have a nice vegging stage, so I kind of want to know how much yield I should expect per plant. When it gets like 1 1/2 ft high I will FIM it (as to not kill the growth point.) and at 2ft I'll top it.

--------------------
Current Grow, backyard outdoor.

Backyard Grow

It is just you out there, there is nothing to fear, as it is all just you. Displeasure and fear is an illusion, love is the only truth...

OfflineSevenFingers
Yamabushi
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Mutant plant?!? [Re: The_Centre]
    #192560 - 02/05/09 12:09 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

It's always a bad idea to try and figure out how much your plants will yield before the harvest. A lot of things can happen especially while growing outdoors and you don't want to get your hopes up.

However, you can get an idea how much your plants will each yield only after you do one harvest, so you can make rough calculations for next year. Keep in mind that each cultivar (strain) has different potential, and yield is dependent on so many factors like how much nutes it gets, how much sun/light, and of course how long it was vegged.

Good luck with your project, and let us know how that teenage mutant ninja chronic trifoliate of yours fares.

--------------------
Stay High, Stay Safe.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom