Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offline0xYg3n
el cid
 User Gallery
Bhang
    #190931 - 01/31/09 02:17 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Bhang Recipe
What's Related >>

It seems a bit labor intensive, but then it is meant as an offering to Shiva.
With the weekend coming up, you might find use for this recipe for bhang from Flavors of India by Shanta Nimbark Sacharoff.

* 2 cups water
    * 1 ounce marijuana (fresh leaves and flowers of a female plant preferred)
    * 4 cups warm milk
    * 2 tablespoons blanched and chopped almonds
    * 1/8 teaspoon garam masala [a mixture of cloves, cinnamon, and cardamon]
    * 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
    * 1/2 to 1 teaspoon rosewater
    * 1 cup sugar

Bring the water to a rapid boil and pour into a clean teapot. Remove any seeds or twigs from the marijuana, add it to the teapot and cover. Let this brew for about 7 minutes. Now strain the water and marijuana through a piece of muslin cloth, collect the water and save. Take the leaves and flowers and squeeze between your hands to extract any liquid that remains. Add this to the water. Place the leaves and flowers in a mortar and add 2 teaspoons warm milk. Slowly but firmly grind the milk and leaves together. Gather up the marijuana and squeeze out as much milk as you can. Repeat this process until you have used about 1/2 cup of milk (about 4 to 5 times). Collect all the milk that has been extracted and place in a bowl. By this time the marijuana will have turned into a pulpy mass. Add the chopped almonds and some more warm milk. Grind this in the mortar until a fine paste is formed. Squeeze this paste and collect the extract as before. Repeat a few more times until all that is left are some fibers and nut meal. Discard the residue. Combine all the liquids that have been collected, including the water the marijuana was brewed in. Add to this the garam masala, dried ginger and rosewater. Add the sugar and remaining milk. Chill, serve, and enjoy.

It seems a bit labor intensive, but then it is meant as an offering to Shiva.

http://leda.lycaeum.org/?ID=4774

Quote:

Hot Buttered Bhang
What's Related >>

A recipe for an alcoholic cannabis drink
Hot Buttered Bhang

In a saucepan, melt half a cube (1/8 pound) of butter or ghee. Crumble a good handful of marijuana tops or leaves (1/3 - 1/2 ounce [!$WoW$!]). Stir the grass into the molten butter. Continue stirring over medium heat for one minute. While it is hot or sizzling, add 8 ounces of vodka. Be cautious that the hot butter does not make the mixture spatter. It is best to pour in the vodka swiftly. Continue to boil for 30 seconds or more, stirring all the while. A pinch or two of powdered cardamom seed may be added during the boiling. . . .

After boiling as much as desired, strain the liquids. Press the mash in a strainer with the back of a spoon to remove all the juices. Discard mash or boil it again in fresh vodka to salvage more materials. Sweeten to taste with honey if wanted. Pour the liquid into 4-ounce wine glasses. . . . Serves two. [!!]

This recipe is not only an efficient method of extracting the active principles from marijuana, and an excellent medium for assimilation (alcohol, butter and honey), but it also has a delicious and satisfying flavor. It is reminiscent of hot chocolate, but is much more pleasant to drink. It is one of the most swiftly absorbed cannabis concoctions. The effects of the grass may be felt in less than fifteen minutes. Cheers!"

http://leda.lycaeum.org/?ID=12266

Quote:

The Big Bang (Bhang!)

Bhang Lassi comes highly recommended

Substances: Bhang

A very nice person recently made some Bhang Lassi for me. I drank two cups, which in total contained the extract of nearly 1/8 of an ounce of high-grade cannabis. Very tasty! I would drink this stuff even if it were not psychoactive.

Within an hour I was extremely high. I could "taste" the pot, garam masala, rosewater, and other ingredients at every level of my being. Kind of psychedelic, in its own way. Very heady and introspective, perhaps there are different metabolites of THC when taken orally? I don't know.

This is a very, very nice way to ingest cannabis. I cannot say enough good things about it. A special batch of garam masala was prepared for this recipe, omitting cumin, but the reader probably has their own taste for such things.

I went to sleep that night feeling quite content, with the pleasant feeling of Indian spices in my head. If you drink bhang, prepare to get VERY high, and make sure you are somewhere with a nice comfy surface you can collapse on. I would hate to have to drive home on this stuff.

Highly recommended, I want to make a full or double recipe some time and have a bhang party. If cannabis becomes legal, I suspect that bhang will become as ubiquitous as beer. I definitely explored the upper comfortable limits of THC intoxication, however-- I could see how it would be possible to get "too high" if you drank too much.

By the way, it's pronounced more like "bang!" than "bong". Om Shiva!

http://leda.lycaeum.org/?ID=14579

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMFDoom666
trash hoarder
Male User Gallery

Loc: emerica
Re: Bhang [Re: 0xYg3n]
    #191420 - 02/01/09 09:08 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

ha ha.

ur such a fhag.

:flowstone:

--------------------

FurrowedBrow said:

They should teach african engineering at the college level.  mcgyver 101

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale