Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleCognitive_Shift

The Growery
    #189546 - 01/26/09 10:36 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry folks, i started posting here nearly everyday in early January and was really enjoying the place here, up until the recent drama and coaster being able to make spam threads again, and people leaving/getting permed.  Now the place just sucks.  Its basically OTD with coaster spamming.  It completly lost anything it had going.  And i know this is a business, and it needs to make money.  But administration made a poor business move.  If i wanted to go OTD i would go to OTD, and to be honest coasters threads and his presence just get really old and annoying after a while.  No one else is a hard core kandi kid here, i don't know why he even bothers posting here, he would fit in much better at rave links.  And the people that do like coaster have not been around him long enough to know he just gets fucking annoying.  Posting pics with medi weed, molly and kratom gets really old. Then he brags about his popularity on an internet forum, i used to like the guy but now i think he is just a loser.  Ythan permed him for a reason.

Now when ever i go to growery there is a bunch of unexciting threads, there is nothing interesting or intelligent to be said.  I think its great that there is info to help get a grow set up, and info about marijuana.  But the people here just suck.  Its basically 10 people at most posting with personality and then the rest are just people that want their nuts.  I login and all i see are people trying to free coaster or free wowitch.  If you really want their nuts that bad, just give them a call!

Good luck getting this site off the ground geo, i hope everything goes well:thumbup:

:peace:

--------------------
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

Re: The Growery [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #189547 - 01/26/09 10:49 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Formula: 0

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #189549 - 01/26/09 11:04 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Coaster cannot create threads in any forum except the Thunderdome, so I'm not quite sure what you mean by "coaster being able to make spam threads again." :confused:

It sounds to me like your complaints harp upon the Thunderdome, which is a forum that is not intended to cater to everyone (indeed, no forum can even do such a thing).  I knew that its creation at this time during the Growery's youth would result in a dilution of the main Smoke Lounge - which is why it was not immediatley implemented.  However, it was plain to see that several people simply would not respect the rules regarding flaming/trolling/racism in the Smoke Lounge unless they had an alternate avenue to vent that steam.  Hence, the Thunderdome.  In my opinion, it is a far preferable course of action rather than making the Smoke Lounge a battle between trolls - which would in turn lead to even more bans.

As for the problem of unexciting threads, it is up to those of us with something interesting to say, to take the time to say it!  I know you have made a couple of threads in the last week and that is a good start.  But given that the site only has a handful of members on at any given time, it shouldn't be much of a surprise that it's not bustling with activity.  It is because there are only a handful of active users at this point that lends prominence to the whole "10 people with personality and the rest that want their nuts" phenomena.  I am absolutely certain that given time, this will be less common.  Admittedly, it will never be gone entirely, as every online forum seems to have a group of favored posters that others will look up to and praise.

So I guess what I'm getting at here... is that I hear your complaints, but I'm not seeing any suggestions for improvement or what we can do in order to help foster more active and interesting discussion?  For my part, I believe it's up to those of us who want such a thing, to go and make the topics that will provide the foundation for it.

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: The Growery [Re: geokills]
    #189554 - 01/26/09 11:24 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Everyone check out geos thread on the contest...Make some fucking useful documents. Get high and write one or two. If you can't contribute directly go find some links and post them here or something.

People will eventually start coming but we need to focus more on helping the average grower. They come here and post in a thread and get no help...This place I don't think was designed for people to ramble about drugs all day every day...Which is what has happened.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisibleCognitive_Shift

Re: The Growery [Re: mhbound]
    #189560 - 01/26/09 11:33 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Me feedback is don't be such a hardass, don't perm anyone unless you really think that should never be back ever again.  And i know your supposed to make the place feel warm and welcome to new comers, but noobs will just get flammed up the ass anyway by the OTDers that come over here from shroomery.  Ratings rape and such, the site doesn't deter new comers, the people do.  My feedback is that i think the thunderdome is an epic fail.  Its the icing on the cake that growery is basically OTD with some information on cannabis.  No one will want to join, including noobs (not current shroom members) and non-otd shroomerites.  Because this place HAS become another version of the OTD clique.  No one really posts in the smoke lounge anymore anyways.  Its a shame too, cuz i was really feeling this place.  Just my input :shrug:

--------------------

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
    #189569 - 01/26/09 11:46 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

CS - I like you. but your post is bullshit

the forum IS going to shit, but its not coasters fault. and to call that is stupid

dont like his threads, dont go there

i think hes a cool guy, and doesnt get annoying 'even after knowing him a while'

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

InvisibleCognitive_Shift

Re: The Growery [Re: still beLIEve]
    #189576 - 01/26/09 11:51 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I don't have a problem with you either, and if you think my post is bullshit thats fine too.  I think the kandi kid culture is the most non stoner culture ever.  And coaster loves the attention all the people have salivating, waiting to jump on his nuts.  He might smoke medical marijuana but he by no means is a stoner.  And his spamming just gets annoying, he has nothing intelligent to bring to the table what so ever!  Why do you think he got a perm from shroomery?

--------------------

InvisibleCognitive_Shift

#189589 - 01/26/09 12:05 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Geo please take a look at how many threads have been made in Thunderdome compared to TSL since it started.  This place HAS become OTD.:shrug:

--------------------

Offlineelcharrosays
Male User Gallery

#189601 - 01/26/09 12:19 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

All these posts from people bitching about how the Growery is going downhill are just as lame as the shit they're bitching about. You're not really making the place any better like this. Why don't you try doing something constructive like write up a tek or something?

I think the problem with this place is that it just turned into a huge social gathering too soon because all of the members did nothing but crack jokes instead of actually filling the site with valuable content. I know this isn't a revelation either. The shroomery also has grown into so much that it pretty much already covers anything this place could provide and eventually that has become evident.

--------------------

Invisiblebeatyou
Male User Gallery

Loc: 512/atx
Re: The Growery [Re: elcharrosays]
    #189609 - 01/26/09 12:31 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

CS - no one cares that your leaving, this is the Internet, some other junkie freak will replace your ass in a couple days. NO ONE CARES

--------------------
this is me on a bar, 3 methrolls (up 4 days), ketamine, and some good acid two years ago.

InvisibleCognitive_Shift

Re: The Growery [Re: beatyou]
    #189613 - 01/26/09 12:36 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Leaving?  :lol:  Your dumber than you look.

haha junkie freak.  Your right on the money with that one:rofl2:

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

#189630 - 01/26/09 01:40 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Keep the flames down boys!  For crying out loud... :rolleyes:

Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:
Geo please take a look at how many threads have been made in Thunderdome compared to TSL since it started.  This place HAS become OTD.:shrug:

If anything, the Smoke Lounge is now less like OTD, even as the Thunderdome is indeed a bit like OTD.  And there's nothing wrong with that!  The Thunderdome is designed to serve a similar purpose as OTD does at the Shroomery; namely to allow people to blow off steam without worrying about getting hit by the ban stick.  As I noted in my previous reply, because the Growery does not yet have many active members, this move has served to dilute the parent Smoke Lounge forum for the time being, as most of the regulars migrated into the sub-forum.  In time, that imbalance will work itself out naturally... so please, let's have a little patience and do what each of us can as individuals to help promote more thoughtful discussion and content at this website.

Quote:

And i know your supposed to make the place feel warm and welcome to new comers, but noobs will just get flammed up the ass anyway by the OTDers that come over here from shroomery.

Not likely.  New members cannot even see the Thunderdome for the first month + 10 posts that they are here... and since there is no trolling allowed in our other forums, what you are suggesting should be a non-issue.  If these "OTDers" do flame the newbs outside of the Thunderdome, you can rest assured that they will be banned.  Ratings rape is something that we have and will take action against IF it is done with particular malice and especially against new members who have not posted anything controversial or that would otherwise attract such negativity.

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#189638 - 01/26/09 01:55 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I'm glad the thunderdome is here now the other forums, the smoke lounge in particular, have a chance to develop some reasonable discussion...It was bullshit for awhile.

I hope some of our new write ups can bring some new people in...Noobs or not.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
Re: The Growery [Re: mhbound]
    #189653 - 01/26/09 02:15 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

geokills is going in the right direction

demoding kp - good
thunderdome or storm or whatever the fuck its called - good (bad name though)

fucking up everything the old timers loved and joyed, causing everyone to leave = kind of a fuckup

IMO geo, not that it matters now, but if you had opened the thunderdome or whatever before modding kp (or hey, not at all!) things would have sailed gravy

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

Re: The Growery [Re: still beLIEve]
    #189659 - 01/26/09 02:20 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

yeah gotta say he's fucked up a lot, and i don't and won't always agree with his choices, but at least he's trying to get in touch with the community (notice his sudden spike in posts) and the contest he's throwing (although the prizes blow).

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Re: The Growery [Re: usg543]
    #189681 - 01/26/09 03:19 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

> the contest ... although the prizes blow

I have to consider the level of participation when considering prizes.  At this point, we have 17 prizes up for grabs and no one has submitted even a single document to the contest yet.  If it turns out that a whole lot of people begin to participate, I will happily work to add additional prizes such as blown glass and perhaps even an item or two from our sponsors at RVF Garden Supply into the mix.  But until that happens, I think $100 and some cool gear is a pretty sweet gratuity in exchange for helping a site that I'd imagine you have some care for to begin with (given that you're here at all in the first place).

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

#189683 - 01/26/09 03:27 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

forget all those prizes

put a lux mini perc up or a nice ROOR... wow, you should see what people do over at toke city for stuff like that. sometimes they even get free shit donated to the site as an advertisement and they have like contests every week. that site is a glass snob site though, and it attracts many glass dealers. it's my favorite 'weed' forum for looking at glass or getting information about it, learned so much shit i didn't know about there. they also a lot of oil heads there. only reason i didn't stay there is the community is pretty stuck up.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#189705 - 01/26/09 04:03 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

geokills said:
> the contest ... although the prizes blow

I have to consider the level of participation when considering prizes.  At this point, we have 17 prizes up for grabs and no one has submitted even a single document to the contest yet.  If it turns out that a whole lot of people begin to participate, I will happily work to add additional prizes such as blown glass and perhaps even an item or two from our sponsors at RVF Garden Supply into the mix.  But until that happens, I think $100 and some cool gear is a pretty sweet gratuity in exchange for helping a site that I'd imagine you have some care for to begin with (given that you're here at all in the first place).

I have some but am waiting to post them after edited and make sure they are legible. I'll have probably around 10 I would say.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineDoitagain
Smoothie therapist
Male User Gallery

Loc: i am everywhere and nowhe...
    #190141 - 01/27/09 08:00 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:
I don't have a problem with you either, and if you think my post is bullshit thats fine too.  I think the kandi kid culture is the most non stoner culture ever.  And coaster loves the attention all the people have salivating, waiting to jump on his nuts.  He might smoke medical marijuana but he by no means is a stoner.  And his spamming just gets annoying, he has nothing intelligent to bring to the table what so ever!  Why do you think he got a perm from shroomery?

Lol who are you to say who is a stoner and who isn't?  That just makes you look like an arrogant prick.

--------------------
ltd said:
fgts just don't understand

keep the shit

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order