Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleTripityDooDaDay
Male User Gallery

CSI season premier and Salvia.
    #182627 - 01/15/09 07:52 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Completely misrepresented in a slanderous way as expected. Killer supposedly uses Salvia laced joints to knock out victims. Yeah right! Fucking media.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: CSI season premier and Salvia. [Re: TripityDooDaDay]
    #182634 - 01/15/09 08:18 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Damnit I just made a post about this...But I beat you to it!!!! HHAHAHAHA. JK.

Yea salvia cannot render someone unable to fight. I have seen people get quite defensive and aggressive when real high on salvia...Probably kick your ass.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisibleTripityDooDaDay
Male User Gallery

Re: CSI season premier and Salvia. [Re: mhbound]
    #182666 - 01/15/09 09:29 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Oh it can very well on a high dose. That is not the issue. They featured it in leaf or common 'extract' form rather than pure salvinorum A. It can't be slipped on to someone in that form any more than you can put rubber into someone's cigarette without them immediately noticing something taste and smells horribly wrong. You could use pure extracted Salvinorum A but that's about it and good luck finding it without making it. That is not what they showed. What they showed actually resembled good weed buds instead of any form of salvia leaf. They implied that you could lace weed with a common form of salvia unknowingly to incompasitate them and have your way with them. A total misrepresentation and demonization of the plant.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#182671 - 01/15/09 09:33 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

That dose must be fucking insanely high. I've seen people dose quite high but never render them helpless. But yea I think they did mention Salvinorin-A at first and then just called it whatever...Or maybe they said it contains salvinorin-a...I don't remember.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlineb0b gnarley
 User Gallery

#182680 - 01/15/09 09:46 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

when i smoked 80x i couldnt move :shrug:

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Re: CSI season premier and Salvia. [Re: b0b gnarley]
    #182684 - 01/15/09 09:51 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Smoked but if you would eat it I think that's what they did it would come on slow and you would probably have some kind of idea to get the fuck out of there...I don't know I have always been able to move and get quite defensive on higher doses...I quit that shit though so my experience is minimal.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlineb0b gnarley
 User Gallery

#182686 - 01/15/09 09:53 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

i only did it once so im not a very good source :crazy:

i would never eat salvia it tastes and smells so disgusting but it did amazing things to my mind

InvisibleTripityDooDaDay
Male User Gallery

#182687 - 01/15/09 09:56 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mhbound said:
That dose must be fucking insanely high. I've seen people dose quite high but never render them helpless. But yea I think they did mention Salvinorin-A at first and then just called it whatever...Or maybe they said it contains salvinorin-a...I don't remember.

They mentioned Salvinorum A at first but later showed something that looked much more like marijuana.  I've seen plenty of people completely completely incapacitated and controllable. I once completely directed and controlled a dude three times my weight with a single finger until he came around. He knew what he was doing from the beginning though. You can't slip the commonly available forms on someone like they implied. That is my point. It simply is not that sort of threat to society at large as they made it out to be.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#182692 - 01/15/09 10:03 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

So, my question is...Do you think the government is using these shows to fight the drug war?? Or fuel it I should say...Someone in my other thread said it was poor writing, but it seems like when a drug is on the verge of outlaw it suddenly shows up in shows to finish it off.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlineb0b gnarley
 User Gallery

#182693 - 01/15/09 10:03 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

The method of chewing the leaves may also be employed. However, salvinorin A is generally considered to be inactive when orally ingested, as the chemical is effectively deactivated by the gastrointestinal system.[34] Therefore, the ‘quid’ of leaves is held in the mouth as long as possible in order to facilitate absorption of the active constituents through the oral mucosa. Chewing consumes more of the plant than smoking, and produces a longer-lasting experience.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Re: CSI season premier and Salvia. [Re: b0b gnarley]
    #182696 - 01/15/09 10:05 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I should send that to those assholes. But if it were extract and enough was ingested you can get some effects but much more subtle than smoking.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlinehighasfuck
The last samuri
Male User Gallery

Loc: So Cal
    #182697 - 01/15/09 10:06 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Thats shitty. You have to hold salvia in for a while to get effects.

Media.

InvisibleTripityDooDaDay
Male User Gallery

#182701 - 01/15/09 10:11 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mhbound said:
So, my question is...Do you think the government is using these shows to fight the drug war?? Or fuel it I should say...Someone in my other thread said it was poor writing, but it seems like when a drug is on the verge of outlaw it suddenly shows up in shows to finish it off.

I'm still trying to make sense of that issue to be honest. It's a juggling act between the media, the gov, corps and interest groups. It's the who what when where and why that is the key and the conundrum to me.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
    #182707 - 01/15/09 10:15 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Network tv is a huge part of the problem.  Stay distracted America!  Everything's going to be just fine!

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#182708 - 01/15/09 10:15 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
Paying for embedded anti-drug messages in television shows

In 2000, the Federal Communications Commission, in response to a complaint by the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws, sent inquiries to five major television networks about ONDCP's practice of offering millions of additional advertising dollars to networks that embedded anti-drug messages in their programming[13]. The House Committee on Government Reform's Subcommittee on Criminal Justice, Drug Policy and Human Resources held hearings on the matter on July 11, 2000.[14]. In December of that year, the FCC ruled that the networks should have identified the Office of National Drug Control Policy as the sponsor of the television programs. [15] [16]

Government as Scriptwriter

In the spring of 1998, the ONDCP began to develop an accounting system to decide which network shows would be valued and for how much. Receiving advance copies of scripts, they assigned financial value to each show's anti-drug message. Then they would suggest ways that the networks could increase the payments they would get. The WB network's senior vice president for broadcast standards Rick Mater admitted, "The White House did view scripts. They did sign off on them -- they read scripts, yes."[17]

Running the campaign for the ONDCP was Alan Levitt, who estimated that between 1998 and 2000 the networks received nearly $25 million in benefits.[17]

One example was with Warner Brothers' show, Smart Guy. The original script portrayed two young people using drugs at a party. Originally depicted as cool and popular, after input from the drug office, "We showed that they were losers and put them [hidden away to indulge in shamed secrecy] in a utility room. That was not in the original script."[17]

Other shows including ER, Beverly Hills 90210, Chicago Hope, The Drew Carey Show and 7th Heaven also put anti-drug messages into their stories to cash in.[17]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ONDCP#Paying_for_embedded_anti-drug_messages_in_television_shows

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisibleTripityDooDaDay
Male User Gallery

Re: CSI season premier and Salvia. [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #182713 - 01/15/09 10:24 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
Network tv is a huge part of the problem.  Stay distracted America!  Everything's going to be just fine!

Yeah. :thumbup:

Oh well. :gethigh:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order