Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePotheadBob
Odds of getting a refund from a seedbank
    #16438 - 05/01/08 03:25 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I bought 10 blueberry seeds and 10 durban poison seeds like 3 or 4 weeks ago. I started all the seeds and 9 out of the 10 blueberry seeds popped up and are doing pretty well. Only 4 out of the 10 durban poison seeds popped up so far and it's been like a week and a half to two weeks since I started them. Out of the 4, 3 dropped over dead after a very short time above ground. Six of the seeds didn't even germinate, though. I sent an email to the seedbank explaining my situation.

I'm pretty sure my method of germinating and growing is good because the blueberries did just fine. I bought seeds from this bank in the past and always had great success with them. What's the chance of me getting replacement seeds from them? Any of you out there ever get bad seeds and have the seedbank make it up to you? I know it's not really their responsibility that they germinate, but I spent a lot of money on those and don't have money to buy more. I was really looking forward to trying durban poison, too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePipesmoker Elf
Super Coyote
Female

Re: Odds of getting a refund from a seedbank [Re: PotheadBob]
    #16890 - 05/02/08 01:30 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

There are weak chances of getting your money back and from what it sounds, most of them are doing fine anyways, so I don't understand what's the problem.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Odds of getting a refund from a seedbank [Re: Pipesmoker Elf]
    #16949 - 05/02/08 05:43 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

if your whole seedpack was a dud (ie no sprouting) you would have a better chance then if you got something to grow.

If you're growing dutch passions blue berry i hope you know what hermie flowers look like. The DP blueberry seems to have a high tendency to go hermie on you.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflinePotheadBob
Re: Odds of getting a refund from a seedbank [Re: coda]
    #16970 - 05/02/08 06:55 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

They're not doing fine. The blueberry are doing fine, but the durban poison did terrible. Right now, only one out of the 10 seeds is actually growing. The others either never sprouted or sprouted and died quickly. I really hope that 1 seedling is a female because it looks like that's my only shot at having some sativa at the end of the summer.

I think I'm actually growing Joey Weed Blueberry. I've never had a hermie before, so I can't be positive of what it looks like, but I would imagine I would see pollen sacks and buds forming.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #17049 - 05/02/08 09:10 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

The others either never sprouted or sprouted and died quickly.

Sprouted means they germinated, which means the seeds were viable, which means you're gonna have a tough time getting your money back.

--------------------

OfflinePotheadBob
    #17179 - 05/02/08 11:17 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Yes, I realize that those seeds that germinated were viable, but that's only 40%. You would expect to have better than 40% of the seeds viable when you're paying $95 for 10. That's not the only problem, though, because one of those 4 stopped growing and is withering away and two of them died right after breaking the soil. They're under the same exact conditions as the blueberry, which are doing well, so I can't figure out why they died. I can only think it was a problem with the seeds or something.

Having 4 healthy plants would be great because I'd almost be guaranteed to get at least one female, which I could clone several times to increase my yields. However, that's not the case since three of them were so weak that they died. It's been a little over 2 days since I wrote the seedbank and they haven't replied to me yet, so things aren't looking too good, anyway. I'll just have to pray the one living seedling turns out to be a healthy girl.

Edited by PotheadBob (05/02/08 11:23 AM)

InvisiblecoAsTal
    #19233 - 05/04/08 03:05 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I mean, seriously bud-- we're dealing with seeds-- sometimes they just don't "take"--

While I agree that it sucks, the honest truth is unavoidable: when dealing with an agricultural product, it's kind of impossible to truly guarantee that the results will be good every time.

Just do your best, and buy some more-- or clone the little pup you said was still kicking.

Happy trails :smile:

InvisibleBen18
Drunk Derelict
Male User Gallery

Re: Odds of getting a refund from a seedbank [Re: coAsTal]
    #19295 - 05/04/08 05:24 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Ya im guessing every low odds on getting any sort of refund.
Good luck with your grow!

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: Odds of getting a refund from a seedbank [Re: Ben18]
    #20432 - 05/05/08 09:13 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

:sun:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Offlinederx
M.E.M.P.H.I.S.

Re: Odds of getting a refund from a seedbank [Re: KaptKid]
    #20619 - 05/06/08 12:03 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I had some DP BB seeds. All went hermie. luckily the vendor threw in a 'freebie' that was knockout genetics called 'stonehendge'

--------------------
better living through chemistry

OVERGROW the government!!

it's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, ok, thats what it is.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Odds of getting a refund from a seedbank [Re: derx]
    #20789 - 05/06/08 12:47 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

heh, yet another person i see bitching about DP's crappy blueberry strain going hermie hehe.

--------------------

OfflinePotheadBob
    #24631 - 05/10/08 08:51 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Well it took about a week, but my seedbank finally got back to me. They were busy with the outdoor growing rush. They asked about my germination methods. I told them and they said what could have went wrong, but they said they would send out a half pack of seeds to make up for the 6 seeds that didn't germinate. I couldn't be happier about that. Hopefully these new seeds show better germination rates.

I'd highly recommend going to hempdepot.com for seeds. I had 100% germination sucess with all the seeds I got from them except for these durban poison and now they're sending me new seeds to make up for it. They're not always the cheapest, but their customer service is incredible and they're pretty quick when dealing with orders and answering emails.

Edited by coda (05/10/08 03:17 PM)

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #25077 - 05/10/08 03:10 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Nice to see you were taken care of, something is always better then nothing. Good luck with the new seeds!

--------------------

OfflinePotheadBob
    #25751 - 05/11/08 08:21 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

So now that I'm getting these seeds, I figure it will take 1 to 2 weeks for them to arrive. That puts me at May 26 at the latest to start them. Considering that starting them indoors will take them about 2 weeks to make it to veg, I will transplant them outdoors around June 9th. Is this too late to start an outdoor grow?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #26560 - 05/11/08 06:02 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

depends on the strain, i would plant something with a shorter duration of flowering then something like a sativa. If the weather stays warm in the fall for you there shouldn't be too much of a problem.

--------------------

OfflinePotheadBob
    #26575 - 05/11/08 06:17 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

The weather will be fine because durban poison finshes outdoors like late-September around here. I'm just worried that the plants might be quite small when the photoperiod shortens enough to kick in the flowering cycle. I guess worst case scenario is small yields, but I guess a small yield is better than nothing. The plants should definatly have reached sexual maturity by the time the light cycle shortens to flowering conditions.

So I was able to nurse a withering durban poison seedling back to life, now leaving me with two living seedlings. The seedling popped up and took on a healthy color, but that happened a week ago and it is still the same size. It still only has one set of leaves with no signs of new leaf growth and no increase in vertical height. I'm guessing it's stunted from whatever hell it went through, but I'm just wondering when I can expect it to resume normal growth.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #27078 - 05/11/08 11:51 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

yah, your plants won't be as massive as they could be, but if your weather is fine you'll still see a nice harvest. How tall do you normally let your plants get outside?

--------------------

OfflinePotheadBob
    #27476 - 05/12/08 01:26 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I've only ever grown indica, so as tall as they'll go. I heard these durban poisons can get as tall as 6 feet tho. I probably wouldn't want them more than 5. I'd pretty much be trying to cap them at the height of the surrounding vegetation for security reasons.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #27513 - 05/12/08 02:51 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

right on 4-5 ft is pretty sizable.  You should realize a nice harvest at the end of it :smile:

I'd love to grow outdoors, i actually have land i can do it on now, but im waiting until next year to do so.

--------------------

OfflinePotheadBob
    #27777 - 05/12/08 06:15 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, I found a nice spot out in the woods to do it. I have to get on my hands and knees and crawl under these big, thick bushes to get to it. The spot has dense, high vegetation all around it so I figure it should be about as secure as it can be.

I always fear being ambushed while walking to whatever spot I'm growing at, but it's better than the constant stress of worrying about my front door being busted down and having pigs with semi-automatic weapons poor in. It's also a lot easier to convince a cop that they're not your plants when outside on public property as opposed to when they're growing in your closet, hehe.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck