Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleslackophage
Misanthropist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tacompton, WA
The last two months
    #158426 - 12/08/08 10:44 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

of my life have been insane.

Starting in early October, my roommate of 5 years, and good friend for 8 years, gets locked up on a probation violation. Thinking he's going to be in jail for at least a year, I start hunting for a new roommate. Nobody I know is in any position to move in with me. Seems everyone is on a loser-streak and living back with their folks.

A week later, he's released, but the court ordered him under 24hr supervision due to repeated violations, no job, and clinical mental issues. Says he's got 90 days, his Mom agreed to the supervision terms, and he's moving in with her.

Well, fucking lame, I hate moving, but whatever. We talk a bit, I state that staying there until the end of November would be best for me, to get shit situated to move and all. He's reluctantly going along, but seems like he wants to move sooner. Two weeks of him severely floundering later, I finally corner him with "Dude, you want to just move out this weekend and be done with it?", not thinking he'll go for it. He does, so I say "Fuck it, call the rental agency and make it happen". The whole time I've lived with him, he has always dealt with the rent, water and power payments, seemed reasonable for him to make that call.

The next day he says he talked to the agency, told them what our situation was and that they're going to let us move out without proper notification. The agency we were with is cool as hell, we were never late on anything, and they cut us a lot of slack due to that. In their words, we were "The best tenants they've ever had".

Halloween weekend we move, I get all my shit out, except a box-spring and some trash that the roommate said he would take to the dump for me when he went and do the final cleaning. He still had two couches, a loveseat, some chairs, his monitor lizard (in a huge cage) and had rented a U-Haul. I had already hauled a few truckloads of crap to the dump, too. "No worries", I thought.

A week after I'd moved out, I get a call from the rental agency...at work. Kinda weird I thought, when the call was patched straight to my desk. "Maybe they want to give us our deposit check" I'm thinking...Wrong.

The lady at the agency asks me if everything was OK? Confused, I said "sure, why?" She continues "Well, your rent is two months behind, your water is four months behind, we put a 3-Day notice up 3 Days ago and haven't heard from either of you. So today we went in with the sheriff to do a welfare check and the place looks abandoned, what's going on?"

Turns out the fucker hadn't paid the bills, explains why he didn't want to stay there. Also turns out that some-fucking-how, I was the primary on our lease, he was just a dependent and therefore not legally responsible for anything. She starts telling me they want to send me to collections for $2,500 plus whatever it takes to get the place clean. Also turns out he didn't tell them what "the situation" was, instead giving her a fake sob story about his non-existent daughter and a car wreck I was never in to explain the late bills. He also never told them we were moving.

Mother Fucker.

I call him right away and ask WTF is going on. He acts shocked, swears he talked to them and even had a walk-through done with someone from the agency. Told him to call me back as soon as he talked to them. A few days pass and I don't hear from him, so I e-mail the lady I talked to (so I have a record of the conversations at least). She tells me he wants to be solely responsible for the entire debt, but they legally can't do that because of the lease. She says they worked out a payment plan with them, and as long as he pays, I won't be sent to collections. I tell her if it gets to where he's not paying, I'll throw a few hundred their way to keep me out of collections and take him to small claims court.

So here it's been about a month since that, the roommate still hasn't tried to contact me, but neither has the rental agency. I plan to call the agency this week to find out where it all stands. Hoping for the best, but I hear the ex-roommate has been popped on another violation and is awaiting sentencing for that.

TL;DR -- A close friend bitched out on me to the tune of $2,500+ in rent and utilities, probably to fund his oxy habit. Never trust a junkie with rent money.

On the lighter side, I have a fucking rad girlfriend now, a girl I met 16 years and 3,000 miles ago while growing up in Florida. Thank you, MySpace...and whatever force dropped her within 20mins of me, and thank ME for finding her.

I'm also living alone in a 3bdrm house, life fucking rocks, in spite of all the bullshit. :flyhigh:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineoxalic32
Male
Re: The last two months [Re: slackophage]
    #158427 - 12/08/08 10:51 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Nice.

Shit has been going pretty well my way too. Gonna be rolling again with a girl i fucking love this friday  :awesome:

Invisibleslackophage
Misanthropist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tacompton, WA
Re: The last two months [Re: oxalic32]
    #158432 - 12/08/08 11:14 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Nice!

Always fun getting fucked up with the one you love. Me and the gf have been drinking copious amounts of wine, she eats the ganja but don't like to smoke it. Works out nice...I can buy shitty weed and cook with it, save the dank for my smoking :stoner:

--------------------

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: The last two months [Re: oxalic32]
    #158434 - 12/08/08 11:19 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I had a similar situation.

I had 3 mates in a nice house. Each month I would write a check to one of the guys because he would have already paid the rent/utilities, and I was just reimbursing him. Well, about 4 months in to the lease I have a car accident, and was forced back to my home town so they could care for me during all of my shit.

I get a call from the landlord saying we hadn't paid in well over 2-3 months. Turns out the SOB was taking my money for the last few months, and using it to doctor shop. So, I never moved back over there, and moved back home to work and go to school. Next thing I hear him and his brother are living in the house...So, he took a couple of grand from me, and basically got me evicted...And then proceeded to move in the home after I had put in a new water heater FREE OF CHARGE...Because my dad can get them free/cheap, and I put in a 350 dollars faucet in the kitchen FREE OF CHARGE because he also got it cheap...

So, I am out a few grand from a few years back. I am still mad.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom