Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChapter 4

getting seeds from a lone male?
    #151221 - 11/25/08 11:28 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

i know how sad this is, and its rather embarrassing to say this considering how much bud i grew back home....but now i am in a far away land and i at last only have one lone male with no hope of another seed/plant :frown:

so i ask.  is it possible to try and herm a male plant and get seeds from it?

fucking murphy's law!

ps.  dont beat with with the noob stick, i already know how pathetic this sounds....i may cry myself to sleep tonight lol.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: getting seeds from a lone male? [Re: Chapter 4]
    #151224 - 11/25/08 11:48 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

why cant you get more seeds ?

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: getting seeds from a lone male? [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #151233 - 11/25/08 12:22 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

would colloidal silver work in reverse?  That might be wiser than trying to stress herm a male.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: getting seeds from a lone male? [Re: 81renaissance]
    #151239 - 11/25/08 12:48 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Yea, the plant has to be predisposed to the herm genes for you to have a shot at that...It would more than likely be a waste.

I would just order some more.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: getting seeds from a lone male? [Re: Chapter 4]
    #151329 - 11/25/08 04:55 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

If you did pull it off you would have all male plants. Never been done with a male plant though,

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: getting seeds from a lone male? [Re: Magash]
    #151666 - 11/26/08 09:10 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Actually, that isn't true. It has been done to reverse the sex of the male in order to determine the flowering genetics it'll pass on to the next generation. Rather, that is what someone is now working on (Sam the Skunkman) and Chimera had mentioned that he had done this in the past for a different purpose (to create pure XY lines). Sam hasn't done it yet but Chimera suggested he was using too low of a concentration of the necessary chemical (ethrel I believe). Here is a thread all about this.

Of course, both these intentions are for the purposes of breeding, and producing all male seeds is only beneficial if you're a mad scientist like Chimera and the male seeds aren't the end result. :grin: As far as your circumstance goes, it really isn't going to get you anywhere. :shrug2:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds