Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekarma_agent
Noob preparing for first grow - help plz?
    #132804 - 10/15/08 05:38 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Ok so in a couple of weeks i will be starting my first grow indoors in a closet and i just wanted to run by a few things to see if they were ok.

I'll probably germinate seeds in vermiculite since there seems to be something against paper towel germination.

Soil:
Peat moss
Perlite and probably some vermiculite too
Dolomite lime
Worm casings or compost (couldn't find any worm casings yet, but hopefully walmart has em as i haven't checked it yet)

Nutrients:
I was wondering if it would be ok to use dynamite plant food, it already has nitrogen phosphorus and potassium in it either in a 13-13-13 ratio or 18-6-8 ratio.  The reason i want to use this is because I couldn't find any kelp meal and it would also be cheaper then buying a bag of blood meal bone meal and kelp meal.

If i can use this then what else should i add, if i can't then what could i use in place of kelp meal? 
And also how would i need to change it up for the flowering/harvest part?

Light:
I think I will be using long fluorescent bulbs, first of all it's pretty cheap, a two light fixture and two bulbs will run me under 30 bucks and output 6800k lumens, which should be ok for me since it won't be a big grow, maybe about 8 plants or so.  My closet is long and somewhat narrow so the shape of the bulbs will fit it well, and each bulb is only 40 watts so the power bill won't draw any suspicion.

I don't know if i'll need to be adding extra CO2 since the grow will be small, but if i do i'll probably just use vinegar with baking soda or something simple like that.

I'm planning to grow 2 strains, Haze Special from KC brains and pakistan valley from seedsman.  I want both the indica and the sativa ends of the spectrum for different occasions.

So yeah any suggestions are welcome, my main concern right now is about the nute mix.  Thanks in advance!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Noob preparing for first grow - help plz? [Re: karma_agent]
    #134699 - 10/20/08 11:58 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

this belongs in the agro section as what you have is a soilless mix, not a soil.

BTW, you can find worm castings pretty easy at local nurseries.  Just look em up in your phone book and call around.

Also, for starting seeds, you can't go wrong with peat pellets.  Just hydrate, pop a seed in one, and a few days later watch it sprout.  Always had a 90+% success rate with this method using viable seeds.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Noob preparing for first grow - help plz? (moved) [Re: karma_agent]
    #134700 - 10/20/08 11:58 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

This thread was moved from Soil & Organic Nutrients.

Reason:
belongs more in our hydro/agro section.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds