Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineZaVe
John Red Corn
Male
Loc: Massachusetts
Help a new Marijuanna hobbiest out?
    #125203 - 09/23/08 11:50 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I'm looking into starting a small indoor marijuana operation, after trying the shroom hobby and being very successful.

Well- I pretty much have the whole room set up. Nice 80$ lights, the most organic / best around soil, 40$ fertilizer, spray bottles, fans, EVERYTHING - except for the seeds..

A lot of places that I look online for seeds, wont ship to US, and if they do, it's something like 80$ for 10 seeds.. and then on top of that, their delivery time is estimated at 5-8 weeks. IT COULD TAKE 2 MONTHS?! That much money for something most people don't even want in their harvest.. but are so readily available in an abundance - I find that ridiculous.

Edited by Sirius (09/24/08 03:55 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Help a new Marijuanna hobbiest out? [Re: ZaVe]
    #125211 - 09/24/08 04:06 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ZaVe said:
Nice 80$ lights

Which kind of lights do you have, how many lumens do they produce, and what color temperature are they?

Quote:

A lot of places that I look online for seeds, wont ship to US, and if they do, it's something like 80$ for 10 seeds.. and then on top of that, their delivery time is estimated at 5-8 weeks. IT COULD TAKE 2 MONTHS?!

Actually, they specify that it could take two months to cover any unforeseen delays that might occur. Its their way of saying "chill out and wait" in case they don't arrive immediately. Typically, it should take closer to two weeks.

Quote:

That much money for something most people don't even want in their harvest.. but are so readily available in an abundance - I find that ridiculous.

I think you really aren't looking at it the right way. Seeds aren't wanted in harvests because a female plant that has been pollinated is going to put a lot more of its energy into seed production instead of bud production, which means significantly less yields. At the same time, seeds that are being sold are being produced by breeders who spend years selecting desirable traits from plants and carefully introducing new genetics to create unique, potent, stable strains with a variety of different, possible characteristics. On top of this, the risk there is in breeding itself, not to mention the much bigger risk the seed-banks take on when they openly sell seeds that are illegal in different countries, the price-tag is more than justified.

Anyways, go take a look at Seed Boutique and Seedbay. They ship to the U.S. and you'll be able to find some strains that are cheaper than $80. Also, a lot of places post that they won't ship to the United States, but will quite possibly ship if they receive payment in a form other than credit card.

--------------------

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Help a new Marijuanna hobbiest out? [Re: ZaVe]
    #125225 - 09/24/08 08:55 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I think Sirius is being nice here...you are being whiny and its clear that you have no understanding of what you are undertaking here. 
I can only hope that you are more informed than you come across in your post.
And please do respond to Sirius question regarding your lights...
Also, what kind of soil are you using? What kind of fertilizer?
If you can provide us with this info, the Growery members can help you out so you can be more successful on your first grow.
And stop whining. Its annoying.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Help a new Marijuanna hobbiest out? [Re: 81renaissance]
    #125229 - 09/24/08 09:19 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

81renaissance said:
I think Sirius is being nice here...you are being whiny and its clear that you have no understanding of what you are undertaking here. 
I can only hope that you are more informed than you come across in your post.

Quote:

And stop whining. Its annoying.

Please keep these kind of comments to private messages, as it doesn't pertain to the topic at hand and only detracts from the forums. :wink:

--------------------

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Help a new Marijuanna hobbiest out? [Re: Sirius]
    #125239 - 09/24/08 10:15 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Sorry. Got frustrated. This kind of stuff bothers me for some reason...The forums are here to help, but this thread and the one linked above seem to contradict one another.
I don't want to create a hostile atmosphere though.
Now, to get back to the topic at hand:
ZaVe: Could you give us the specifics regarding the supplies that you have on hand?  Start from the lights and work your way down to the containers, soil, and nutrients you'll be using.
Also what kind of strain are you interested in? More Sativa or more Indica, maybe we can help you find some reasonably priced seeds that are still good quality and will have the effects you're seeking.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies