Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
One bed. 20 ladies?
    #118952 - 09/05/08 09:39 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

In Soma's book about organic growing he describes a 4'x4' planting bed that is just over 12" deep.  He states that he puts 20 cannabis plants in each of these beds. 
Am I reading that correctly? It seems like so many plants in such a small area!

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChronicbs

Re: One bed. 20 ladies? [Re: 81renaissance]
    #119124 - 09/06/08 03:45 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds like a Sea Of Green.  A fairly common way to grow, more so in hydro solutions than in soil though.

If you do grow this way, strains that concentrate on a single massive cola would be most ideal for a SOG.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: One bed. 20 ladies? [Re: Chronicbs]
    #119127 - 09/06/08 04:35 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

No, its a full grow method he doesn't do any topping, just supercropping, so we'd be talking about full size plants.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineChronicbs

#119131 - 09/06/08 05:01 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I wouldn't top A SOG grow, A scrog grow of course would be topped several times but not a sog I don't think.  SOG to me means a bunch of clones put as tightly together as possible with genetic predisposition to put all the energy into one massive cola at the tip, so you really wouldn't need or even want to top them imo.  If topped you wouldn't be able to fit them so close so it wouldn't be a SOG.

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
    #119275 - 09/07/08 10:12 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Could you type out what section of the book you're talking about? Unless it was clones put into 12/12 straight after they rooted, or possibly that he had a couple k of HID in that small of a space, I just don't think something like that would work, if we're talking full-size plants, that is. Its a little bigger than a square meter, which is what we have right now, and seven plants just beginning to form buds (1 1/2 to 2 ft tall) seems to be just perfect for that amount of space. I couldn't imagine twenty, full-grown plants in that amount of space. Since its Soma we're talking about, there has to be a catch that isn't being mentioned. :grin:

--------------------

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: One bed. 20 ladies? [Re: Sirius]
    #119346 - 09/07/08 04:14 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I know! Let me find the pg. numbers and quotes and see if we can discover something else.  I'll edit in a bit.

Edit: Another question presents itself here Sirius: You're growing in pots correct? So given enough horizontal space for root systems (like in open beds), would the above-soil space be enough then for this many plants, making the Soma method more feasible.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Edited by 81renaissance (09/07/08 11:24 PM)

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #119413 - 09/07/08 11:19 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Here we go: Measurements on pg. 13 of Organic Marijuana Soma Style "I order four pieces cut 1.25 meters (4ft) long and 35cm (13.75 inches) wide." He goes on to talk about affixing these to a solid base w/ 4x4 measurements.
Now pg. 18-19:
"Now I am ready for planting. The plants have been growing in a vegetative room under 24 hours of light in 2-liter pots.
Since they rooted, I've been growing them in these conditions for about 3 weeks until they are about a foot high.
I put twenty plants in each bed, four rows of five plants. In the bed set up, each plant can send roots sideways the whole length of the bed, so plants never become root-bound."

Never after this point does he talk about nor demonstrate SCROG, SOG, or any other method except for super-cropping (bending stems to create elbows and bushier plants).
So what say you, did something get lost in translation? Or is my next grow gonna be 20 plants in 16 square feet?

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder