Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinedeXtrous
As.it.is
Male

Loc: Australia
Couple of seeds
    #1117 - 04/20/08 01:14 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I found a couple of seeds in a bag of weed I got, they look in pretty good nick.

I have never contemplated growing weed but seeing as there is a new growery site here, and I have some seeds, why not?

--------------------
deXtrous from Shroomery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Couple of seeds [Re: deXtrous]
    #1270 - 04/20/08 01:56 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I had the exact same thought!  But i can't really start mine until late june / early july.  :frown:  good luck!

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Offlineerb
 User Gallery

Re: Couple of seeds [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #1282 - 04/20/08 01:58 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

go for it!

Offlineanyone420
been high

Re: Couple of seeds [Re: erb]
    #1352 - 04/20/08 02:13 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

lol yea i've been looking for seeds lately

and i cant find any

im not sure whether to be glad or sad

u could just throw em outside somewhere and they would have a chance to grow

--------------------

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: Couple of seeds [Re: anyone420]
    #2028 - 04/20/08 04:27 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

That is exactly what I have done. I took the seeds from the best weed I could afford. Only got 1-3 seeds per 1/4.

It was some pretty good weed.

I hope to get some decent weed from them too :grin:

Just gotta get past the odor issue.  :argh:

--------------------
The Ego is a pathological condition
like a calcareous tumor or cyst
that begins growing in the personality
in the absence of hallucinogenic substances
-Terence McKenna-

Invisiblemaggotz

Re: Couple of seeds [Re: anyone420]
    #2627 - 04/20/08 05:50 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

u could just throw em outside somewhere and they would have a chance to grow

if you're lazy (and i have been known to be pretty lazy) you can germinate some seeds and keep them indoors for the first couple of weeks. then transplant them outside and just check a couple of times a week that they aren't getting too thirsty and there are no signs of nutrient deficiency.

i have grown perfectly good weed with very little effort and resources. of course, i live in the tropics where the weather is perfect pretty much all year. :grin:

OfflinedeXtrous
As.it.is
Male

Loc: Australia
Re: Couple of seeds [Re: maggotz]
    #3016 - 04/20/08 07:06 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

What weather is ideal for outdoor grows??

I'll be germinating these seeds soon.

--------------------
deXtrous from Shroomery

Invisiblemaggotz

Re: Couple of seeds [Re: deXtrous]
    #3063 - 04/20/08 07:24 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

let's just say that there are only 2 seasons, summer and winter (more like dry and wet). we get at least 12 hours of sunlight pretty much all year and the average temp is 30o C.

if you let them, the plants will turn into 2m monsters with huge colas. of course, that's not very conspicuous but they do look beautiful.

and believe me, i am not the most dedicated grower and i have had very beautiful and potent plants with very little effort. growing outdoors is way, way easier than growing indoors.

Invisiblemaggotz

Re: Couple of seeds [Re: maggotz]
    #3375 - 04/20/08 08:59 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

this was written by chaman over it icmag, i have pretty much the same conditions he has.
Quote:

Tropical Growing
Hello,
First off, thanks for stop'n in and checking out the thread, for those who know me from Overgrow, a strong hug and very glad to keep in touch after so long and the tragic loss of Overgrow. Blessed indeed my friends and hope we can keep in touch for much longer.

Those who don't I'm a Costa Rican living just under the 10* N paralel, and live in a tropical paradice with all sorts of micro climates but 2 basic seasons dry and wet. I'm about 2000mt + sea level and live in a more tropical humid area. I get 12hrs light and night all yr, there is about a 30min change or so but thats it...and temps are prety much the same also, some times temps may very about 20* from night to day, and can bring out some nice colors.

Not only do I love and enjoy to grow my herb, but also collect orquids and other flowers so you may see alot of various pics or of some high lights of some of the places I visit. Of course your all more then welcome to share your own pics any time, also if you may have any questions feel free to ask, I'll see about answer'n as best I can.

My strong is Tropical Sativas, more so Colombian strians, but have enjoy'd many others from around the world thanks to so many kind Herbsman that have been so kind to bless me with such genetics, my enviroment favors them and it's easy to make them feel at home, letting them truely express themselfs.

Indicas here have some trouble in wet season, as they are mold pron. I've found insects also tend to like the shade they provide under their leafs, and to eat them too as they are alot more meaty then any sativa by far. Sativas don't shade them selfs much, and leafs are so skinny there realy isn't much room to hide under yet alone material to eat and still hang on...also they don't realy smell compared to Indicas so might not be so palable too. Indicas due to the short light period from day one....will go into flower very fast. Normaly they wont get more then 2feet tall showing sex very early, just a few weeks normaly. Have little to no branching, just a main fat cola. They are done from start to finish from seed in less then 3 months 4 tops. Clones don't work...they flower jeje need lights too get them to veg longer or keep clones and mothers. I recently built a light cabnit for this reason.

Sativas, they will sex at about 2 to 3 feet tall, normaly about a month, month and half tops. They show sex and will continue to grow...an indica could look like the sadest and smallest branch of a Sativa...jej I can smoke an indica in a day or two...jeje if I can stay awake.

Sativas will produce a great deal, and its a much more vibrant, alive and energize'n and even inspiring jeje but can easly sit and trip out on things too as you laugh your self stupid, hearts can speed up, faces can go pale jejeje but all in all your up lifted and enjoy'n every moment. Sativa clones are easy to take and will grow, and then flower, some can grow to be just as larg as the mother, but best taken then place'd in contianers to finisher sooner while you wiat for the mother .(this depending on when taken off the mother of course. If mother is mature the clone will mature soon too..if mother is in veg, the clone will veg.) Sativas will grow, from single to 3 digit leafs to 5 digits to 7 digits, Might show sex around here, then to 9 sometimes even 11 digits as they grow, go into oposite phylo, then you will sea leafs revert. Back to 9digits, to 7 to 5, 3 then 1 as they flower.

Not like an Indica that will flower while still growing in pairs and with 5digits even, aslo an Indica will show crystals very soon, as too where some Sativas may not show any untill in good flower, finaly producing a smell too. Sativas may look to be kinda runny at first along their long arms and legs, but as they grow and flower they start to fill in realy nice often covering all the stems looking like a long cat tail. If you let them they may grow over a greenhouse...or a yard ! I'd have to plant a hundred + indicas to make the production of a single good Sativa. Plus..if you age a Sativa you get the same numbing efect and couch lock sleep put your self to bed feeling, just let her amber up. So can get the best of both worlds I feel.

I love both sat and indica as their like Yin and Yang as each has thier purpose time and place, but Hybrids are the coolest as they realy let you play around and find a middle...jeje call it Balence :wink:. To make these crosses with landraces to creat new things while also preserve'n the landraces truely makes things a whole lot more interesting !

I hope you all enjoy the posts and pics to come, my best wishes to you and yours, and as always Jah guide and protect.

Cool & Calm
Chaman

Quote:

She had Power, taste, yield ! a long wait but well worth it ! and grew in extreme vigor...almost before my eyes, can only imaigen if I had prepared the soil better, or maybe fed her something...instead I did nothing...indeed nothing at all !!! even sat and watched her under the pooring rain. You never seen it rain till you live in a tropical country I promise buckets of water fall..it's like a blanked, not letting you see even more then a few feet into the thickness of it...load roaring sound and rivers apear out of no where...yard seems like a floaded swamp sometimes...

Edited by maggotz (04/21/08 04:41 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds