Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
any ebb flow table growers here?
    #106796 - 08/09/08 04:25 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I'm thinking of making a table as DIY as possible... thinking of even putting together a table instead of buying a premade one.

Im looking for info on running multiple tables on 1 reservoir im assuming you would just use a bigger reservoir than normal have your feed cycles at different times and have an airation pump to keep the nutrients mixed well.

As for the pumps, would there be any options to not need 1 pump per table without obviously conjoining the tables so they flood together.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBlargIAmDead

Re: any ebb flow table growers here? [Re: captain.koons]
    #106817 - 08/09/08 04:43 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I was looking at doing this. Basically got two sterilite tubs. One big 20 gallon one and one shallow 40 liter one. 50 lb bag of hydroton (LECA). Small pump and rockwool cubes. Basically you need to buy/beg/steal/borrow two fittings for the ends and some poly tubing. That's basically an ebb and flow system at it's simplest there.

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: any ebb flow table growers here? [Re: BlargIAmDead]
    #106952 - 08/09/08 11:17 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

My table I was thinking of building it from wood and epoxying it so its study as fuck and it's whatever size I want.

I have tons of "scrap" wood too.

I hear something like you want a 40gal res and another 10-15 gal per each table you add.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblelegallyhomeless

#107055 - 08/10/08 10:11 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

download this movie for lots of good info on how to build an ebb/flow table.

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: any ebb flow table growers here? [Re: legallyhomeless]
    #107093 - 08/10/08 11:30 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I saw that movie, nothing really helped me.

I know how to build a ebb and flow, I asked specific questions of making a setup that runs multiple tables off one reservoir....

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblelegallyhomeless

#107282 - 08/10/08 05:34 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Well obviously you would need a bigger res... IF you are feeding at the same time (which I would). Other wise, if you are talking about feeding at different times, then 1 res would do fine.

I dont think you would be able to drain the tables, unless you have a pump in each one.... :shrug:

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: any ebb flow table growers here? [Re: legallyhomeless]
    #107289 - 08/10/08 05:37 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Running 4+ tables on one reservoir of normal size probably wouldn't be a good idea due to the nutrients being removed from the reservoir

no?

I mentioned having a larger res, feeding times at the same time makes more sense - mentioned different feed times incase it was possible to nigger rig the setup to not use 1pump per table, which doesn't seem possible.

how much did you bucket ebb and flow setup cost?

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
    #107292 - 08/10/08 05:39 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:
I know how to build a ebb and flow, I asked specific questions of making a setup that runs multiple tables off one reservoir....

I don't know too much about hydroponics, but this might not be too good of an idea if you are running different plants on different tables, because it makes it more difficult to pay attention to what specific strains need, and some problems could result from not being able to adjust your nutrient solutions accordingly.

I don't think too many people yet on the Growery use ebb and flow tables, but I think yellownotepad does. :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: any ebb flow table growers here? [Re: Sirius]
    #107296 - 08/10/08 05:42 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I'd run the same strain likely all the same genetics via clones.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleUns4ne
King of Twisted Irony
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #109045 - 08/14/08 11:35 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Wow. I just noticed your post. Keep us up to speed on what you doing and maybe we can compare notes.

--------------------
Fighting Terrorism One Seed At A Time
Big Bang, Arjan's Haze #3 Growlog
My First Grow(Complete)
Never let school get in the way of your education.-Mark Twain

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: any ebb flow table growers here? [Re: Uns4ne]
    #109062 - 08/14/08 12:26 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Not sure on table size yet.

Considering some things, like dual 600w hps on a dual firing ballast vs 1kw hps  ultimately the 600w's will get me better gpw, I did some searching about the 600w dual firing ballasts and a mod on shroomery "Magash" also posted 2 years ago that the ballast uses less energy than a 1000w hps ballast.

So basically deciding on dual 600w vs 1000w

Table size with dual 600w id be looking at 3x3 (2-6x3) to 4x4 (2-8x4) with 1000w I'd be looking at 4x4(2-8x4) to 4x5 (2-8x10)

I have A LOT of acrylic from my aquarium hobbie I'll make the tables out of. I could also make my reservoir out of acrylic or use one of the several spare acrylic aquariums I have sitting around and just cover it with garbage bags or black poly.

I'll likely go dual 600w with 6x3 tables maybe I'll extend them to 6.3x3.15(600w over each 1m2). I want to get the best gpw return possible.

So I could have a monster reservoir for all my tables if I light proof an aquarium I have aquariums ranging from 150-210gal... I believe I have the acrylic cut for a 90gal, 130, and 135 square aquariums.  - I'll likely use my 180 as 4 of it's sides (bottom, back, left and right are black acrylic already) and this will be partially filled for 4800w of these tables.

Coming soon : Diesel Generator Inquires! - yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa right those things are fucking expensive :o cost 5x more than paying the electricity company in fuel also. - one day!

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleUns4ne
King of Twisted Irony
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #109085 - 08/14/08 02:26 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Cool, It sounds like we're heading in the same direction. I also have access to lots of scrap acrylic. I have space for about 3x5 worth of tray and I plan on using 2x400 HPS for that space. That is if I don't get a Ceramic MH system working first.

I was wondering how you planned on opaquing the acrylic? I was thinking I would mask the inside and just paint the outside black.

I was also wondering what type of pump you planned on using? I've been eyeballing the pond pumps at the local big box hardware store hoping they will go on sale before they disappear for the winter season.

--------------------
Fighting Terrorism One Seed At A Time
Big Bang, Arjan's Haze #3 Growlog
My First Grow(Complete)
Never let school get in the way of your education.-Mark Twain

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #109088 - 08/14/08 02:37 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:
So I could have a monster reservoir for all my tables if I light proof an aquarium I have aquariums ranging from 150-210gal...

I'm sure you know already, but make sure you have that on concrete or something... :grin:

Quote:

Coming soon : Diesel Generator Inquires! - yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa right those things are fucking expensive :o cost 5x more than paying the electricity company in fuel also. - one day!

Then you could go bio-diesel. :hehehe:

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #109091 - 08/14/08 02:41 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

haha

I've thought of that already, I know a ton of restaurant owners so if I got a grease auger, it could be feasible.

Does Ethanol burn well in diesel engines?

--

This grow will be in the basement of a house so the reservoirs will be on concrete. I've had a 210gal aquarium filled on the main level of my mothers house, floor didn't fall in or anything. Also had a 200lb heavy bag hanging between two of the joists so houses aren't built that fragilly, at least not here.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #109094 - 08/14/08 02:44 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Don't know about ethanol, but maybe you'd be able to take all of your leaves and convert it to a usable form of energy to power your grows. :stoner:

Always wanted a 200 gallon tank for my oscars. :super:

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #109145 - 08/14/08 03:15 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I have 1 x 200 glass, 1 x 210 glass and 1x 220 starphire glass.

Tons and tons of other aquariums, almost all are empty.

I have the glass for a 1020gal build but I need a location that can support 200lb per sq ft + whatever my stand weighs which will likely be a bunch of bricks with a layer of foam or plywood so my glass isn't scratched. May just sell the glass because I'm paying money to have the glass stored where it isn't in the sun (which makes glass brittle)

Right now I got turtles, a 16" red arowana ( baby sitting for a very good fee it's extra awesome because my dad keeps care of it pays for the food and such), and a tons of 1-3" chilids which are partially my cousins, a breeder friend, and a bunch that are owed for some I sold that got sick and died.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: any ebb flow table growers here? [Re: Uns4ne]
    #109149 - 08/14/08 03:20 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

as for light proofing

I'd make sure there was no noticable entry of light into my reservoir via trashbags, black acrylic, ect.

you could just tape cardboard around your reservoir or something, doesn't matter... if your rez is under ur tables there won't be a lot of light coming down on it in the first place.

I have some 300+ gph pumps from computer water cooling units, if I need more I'd go with pond pumps from home depot or something.

Most are 350gph magdrive and 295gph iwaki japanese pumps.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Offlineyellownotepad
Pharmaceutical Agriculturalist
 User Gallery

#114219 - 08/25/08 01:23 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Sirius said:

I don't think too many people yet on the Growery use ebb and flow tables, but I think yellownotepad does. :smile:

you rang? :-D  i've got a 2'2' botanicare ebb and flow table i am using, its alright.  i think if i could do things all over again i'd just make a bunch of DWC buckets.  its cool having ebb and flow, but i just hate changing out the reservoir water, and im trying to have seedlings + new clones + big clones in the table all at once and its just not cuttin it.

and funny you guys mention biodiesel - i run my mb 300D on straight veg oil (after i filter it of course).  free fuel FTW

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: any ebb flow table growers here? [Re: yellownotepad]
    #114272 - 08/25/08 04:17 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I have a grease auger and know tons of restaurant owners :smile:

Yeah I think EBB and FLOW > DWC cuz the roots get to get aired out for a bit. DUNNO if thats accurate tons of growers have said that ebb > dwc for that reason.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #114307 - 08/25/08 05:39 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Want home made here is home made. Even the pots they grow in arn't pots the plants are growing in dixie cups filled with lava rock.
][/url]

All I can say is fuck trays though. Check out a system called the multi flow.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds