Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Grow Room Design
    #101990 - 08/03/08 11:28 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Specs: I'm splitting a walkin closet into a dual room grow op. I'll be running 4 plants in flower under a 600 watt digital HPS.  The veg room will have mothers and clones running under an undermined amount of floros. 

Any advice, comments, criticisms ect are welcome.  Hope to have it running with pics but October. 

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHanky
Fat Ladies Bingo

Loc: Ass Flavour Pie Factory
Re: Grow Room Design [Re: THEBats]
    #102074 - 08/04/08 12:26 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Just one door at the front?  How do you get to the flower section?

A 600 is probably going to be over kill for the floor space.

--------------------
Coaster Said:  "wut do u post bout flumbooyon"

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: Grow Room Design [Re: Hanky]
    #102092 - 08/04/08 12:39 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

well I'm aiming for 50 watts per sq foot.  Which would actually require the flower room to be smaller.  I've since modified the flower room to take up a 3' by 3' space in the corner.  It will have an access door on the side. 

I also switched the intake and exhaust and will run the intake through a light trap from the door into the flower room.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#102145 - 08/04/08 01:01 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

u got a thread on your setup hanky?  I saw your hash thread and have to admit,

:borat:

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
    #102293 - 08/04/08 11:42 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Its gonna get hot in there man, don't skimp the ventilation.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: Grow Room Design [Re: DungenessDank]
    #102301 - 08/04/08 11:53 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

getting some dayton blowers.  also I'm using a digital ballast which I've heard stays much cooler.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

OfflineChronicbs

#103190 - 08/05/08 02:50 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
getting some dayton blowers.  also I'm using a digital ballast which I've heard stays much cooler.

That 600w bulb is still going to heat a small room like that up, you need to pump the air from the reflector out of the room I think.  What reflector do you have?

I'd say have the blower blow through the reflector then have the reflector vent to the carbon filter sitting in the attic so the hot air is out of the room.  Remember to try and keep the distance it has to blow through as short as possible.  Make sure you get a blower that can blow enough to blow through the carbon filter as well.

edit: nvm that wouldn't work.  I did something like that but I had a homemade filter and an inline fan on top of the filter in the attic sucking.  I guess with a normal canister carbon filter you would need to have the fan suck on the filter then push that air through an airtight aircooled reflector then out the room.  You would still need an inline fan.

Edited by Chronicbs (08/05/08 04:08 AM)

Offlineimpgl

#103196 - 08/05/08 03:15 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

your drawings puzzled me :confused:

--------------------

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Grow Room Design [Re: Chronicbs]
    #103324 - 08/05/08 12:21 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Chronicbs said:
I guess with a normal canister carbon filter you would need to have the fan suck on the filter then push that air through an airtight aircooled reflector then out the room.  You would still need an inline fan.

I think the best thing to do would be to put the inline fan behind the reflector, pulling air through the carbon filter, through the reflector, and then out through the fan. A better idea would be to have a fan behind the air-cooled reflector, pulling air through it, with the other end of it hooked up to duct work that pulls air from outside of the room, with the exhaust leaving as well. Then, have another extractor fan pulling air through the carbon filter and out of the room. Having the reflector pulling air from outside the room will help keep the room cooler, I should think.

Also, the carbon filter needs to be in the room that has the smell that you want filtered out. All sides of the carbon filter are porous, because air is intended to be pulled through the prefilter that surrounds all sides of it, and then through the carbon and then out.

--------------------

OfflineChronicbs

Re: Grow Room Design [Re: Sirius]
    #103488 - 08/05/08 04:55 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Sirius said:
Also, the carbon filter needs to be in the room that has the smell that you want filtered out.

I don't see why it would need to be in the same room if it was an inline carbon filter like this one.

http://www.canfilters.com/canfilters_66incline.html

OfflineAnnom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Trusted Cultivator
    #103575 - 08/05/08 07:33 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Chronicbs said:
Quote:

Sirius said:
Also, the carbon filter needs to be in the room that has the smell that you want filtered out.

I don't see why it would need to be in the same room if it was an inline carbon filter like this one.

http://www.canfilters.com/canfilters_66incline.html

Yes, my carbon filter is outside my grow room. They work both ways.

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #103595 - 08/05/08 08:06 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Well yeah, some sort of canister filter could sit outside the room. :smirk:

And yeah, something like Annom's will work too, if the fan is in front of it and pushing air through it. Of course, it won't work as effectively as pulling air through it, in which case, it'd have to be in the room.

--------------------

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#103701 - 08/05/08 09:25 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

ok so I need to have one fan sucking air into the room through the reflector then another pulling air through the carbon filter and exhausting out the room right?

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

OfflineChronicbs

#103711 - 08/05/08 09:42 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
ok so I need to have one fan sucking air into the room through the reflector then another pulling air through the carbon filter and exhausting out the room right?

You can do that all with one good fan.  Take your filter, connect it to you ac reflector, connect that to your inline fan then connect your fan to a flange that exhausts out of the room.

You don't need a fan to replace the air in the room, pressure will do that automatically from the crack under the door.

Edited by Chronicbs (08/05/08 09:43 PM)

OfflineEleutherios

#104156 - 08/06/08 10:18 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Chronicbs said:
You can do that all with one good fan.  Take your filter, connect it to you ac reflector, connect that to your inline fan then connect your fan to a flange that exhausts out of the room.

You don't need a fan to replace the air in the room, pressure will do that automatically from the crack under the door.

Is that 100%? What if its a zippered tarp door that is supposed to be fairly air tight and you have sealed all off the seams? Would you want an intake fan then?

--------------------

OfflineChronicbs

Re: Grow Room Design [Re: Eleutherios]
    #104265 - 08/06/08 12:09 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Eleutherios said:

What if its a zippered tarp door that is supposed to be fairly air tight and you have sealed all off the seams? Would you want an intake fan then?

No, just a hole in the wall to let air in.  The pressure will replace the air in the room automatically as you pump the hot air out.  Make sure the cool intake air is coming from a different room than you are venting your hot air into.

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #104281 - 08/06/08 12:20 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:

You can have another fan to make the air cooling of your reflector completely isolated from the ventilation of your grow room. It might be a good idea if temperatures are going to be a real problem, because having only one fan pulling air through the reflector to exhaust hot air from it, as well as through the carbon filter, won't be as effective for cooling, since the resistance from the filter will slow down your exhaust.

Of course, its really just a question of how powerful your fan is. I'm sure one fan would work all right.

--------------------

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#104463 - 08/06/08 02:29 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

what temp ranges are ideal?  (I know I could search for this but like the responses to my thread lol).

The house stays at 76 degrees F which is where I'll be pulling the intake from.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #104704 - 08/06/08 05:19 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

The 70's are pretty much ideal, up into the higher 80's should be perfectly fine as well.

To give you an example, my 600 watt HPS is in a space about 3x3x2, with the top not being enclosed, the ambient temperature in the room staying around 78 with the air conditioner in the next room running constantly. The lamp is about a foot or a a foot and a half above the plants, and the temperature there stays around 85, and that's with an air-cooled cool-tube reflector and an oscillating fan on the floor blowing the air underneath up. In my experience, having more air space around the cool-tube isn't going to lower the temperature underneath much - only being able to control the ambient temperature will have a strong enough effect.

Anyways, if you're using an air-cooled reflector, I'm sure temperatures shouldn't be too much of a problem for you. What is the total volume of air in the room, by the way? Your drawing is kind of confusing. :lol:

--------------------

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#104778 - 08/06/08 06:11 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

yea I know :lol:  The flower room I plan to have to the corner taking up 3'x3' with a height of 7 feet.  The access door will be on the side.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom