Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
new to the site but have experience...still would like advice
    #10030 - 04/23/08 01:15 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

what's up guys and gals...i'm new to this site but have previous experience in the field and just had a few questions.

last time i did it..the nutrient solution was in a mono tub with a hole cut in the top for the plant container. i did have soil in it but the roots grew through the bottom into the nutrient solution. so it was kind of a mix between a hydro grow and a soil grow. it worked out well. i grew with two 48w flouros. i dont have a lot of funds to spend on my little project and i was thinking of doing it again the same way. any advice would be appreciated...

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHanky
Fat Ladies Bingo

Loc: Ass Flavour Pie Factory
Re: new to the site but have experience...still would like advice [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #10102 - 04/23/08 01:59 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

It'd help if you were a little more specific about exactly what you want help with.

--------------------
Coaster Said:  "wut do u post bout flumbooyon"

Offlineroyer9864

Re: new to the site but have experience...still would like advice [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #10143 - 04/23/08 05:02 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

i am a little confused on what you are asking too

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: new to the site but have experience...still would like advice [Re: royer9864]
    #10259 - 04/23/08 09:27 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

any advice would be appreciated...

save up some cash and upgrade your lights. Go with at least some form of compact fluro, t-5's if you can afford it, if you can't purchase a HID lamp.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#10612 - 04/23/08 02:41 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

haha sorry..just was wondering what your thoughts were on the soil/hydro grow. i would like to switch to those clay balls for my growing medium, but how did you get the seedling started in that? dont you have to do it in soil and then transfer? and i really like growing with flouros because of power bills and not having to deal with ballasts and it just keeps things simple i think. so where could i get those compact flouros?

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

about the lights [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #10613 - 04/23/08 02:45 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

and i would like to go with flouros because hps and mh lamps are expensive...and i have roomates who don't care about my project...but i'm trying to keep power bills down and not deal with ballasts...so what exactly is a compact flouro or t5 light? and how much would i be looking at for one? and where could i get one?

--------------------

OfflineSmallTime
Male User Gallery

Re: about the lights [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #10618 - 04/23/08 02:55 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I don't think it would be a good idea to have soil growing into hydro because of the ph differences. Might cause a nutrient problem.

You can starts seedlings in rockwool cubes and transfer to hydroton (clay balls)

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

Re: about the lights [Re: SmallTime]
    #10624 - 04/23/08 03:04 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

thanks man...and the nutrient solution im using in my mono tub is 30% phospate, 30% potassium, and 30% nitrogen...i read up on it last year before i knew about this site and supposedly that's the prime nutrient solution to make...sound good to you?...oh and another thing...last time i did this....the tips of the leaves were like yellow so i'm thinking it was some kind of burn from the nutrient...flouros aren't hot enough...or was it not enough nutrients??

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: about the lights [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #10649 - 04/23/08 03:23 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

i would like to switch to those clay balls for my growing medium, but how did you get the seedling started in that?

start your seeds in a peat pellet or rock wool then transfer the cube or the pellet into your hydroton.

Quote:

the tips of the leaves were like yellow so i'm thinking it was some kind of burn from the nutrient

Probably overfeeding your plants. If you're growing hydro give your plants a decent flush and lower their intake for a bit to see if it helps.

Quote:

so what exactly is a compact flouro or t5 light?

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/pfk/pages/show_article.php?article_id=75
^^ Info on t-5 lighting

CFL's are those weird light bulbs that look twisted up. You can find them at any hardware store and they are relatively cheap. There are a different forms of CFL's so do a little googling on them to learn some more. They're cheap, don't cost much to run, and put out very little heat (compared to a HID lamp).

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates