Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineb0b gnarley
 User Gallery
3-bladed leaf?
    #100178 - 08/01/08 07:25 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

What type of plant could this be? It has the same shape of a marijuana leaf, except that it only has 3 blades on its leaves.
The leaves smell pretty heady, almost like kush leaves. I'll post pics later.
:carl:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: 3-bladed leaf? [Re: b0b gnarley]
    #100217 - 08/01/08 09:00 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

It could be any strain, really. It isn't uncommon. :shrug:

--------------------

Offlineb0b gnarley
 User Gallery
Re: 3-bladed leaf? [Re: Sirius]
    #100223 - 08/01/08 09:09 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I'm pretty sure it is marijuana, I'll keep watering it then and see if it buds. Roughly how long would it take to bud?

It has been growing about a month now and it is about 2 and a half feet tall. :yesnod:

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #100226 - 08/01/08 09:14 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I'm assuming you found it outdoors, or was it some bag-seed that was planted out there?

It would depend on your general location, but if its becoming late summer where you are, the days should be getting shorter and the plant will pick up on this and begin flowering... If that is the case, it probably has a couple months left. I'm not really knowledgeable on outdoor stuff though, but it would seem to me that this would be the general idea... :wink:

--------------------

Offlineb0b gnarley
 User Gallery
    #100227 - 08/01/08 09:16 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, I found it growing outdoors, should I leave it outside or take it in? It seems to be doing fine on its own.

But thanks man, I'm looking forward to this flowering. :awesome:

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #100232 - 08/01/08 09:27 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I'm sure it will be fine outside, as long as its in a location where it won't get cut down or possibly stolen.

One idea though that you might want to try out, is to try cloning it! :smile: Get some rooting gel or powder and read up on cloning, give it a shot, then you could grow it indoors as well. Of course, you'd want to make sure its a female, and also keep in mind that it could be a variety that doesn't produce much THC. :wink:

--------------------

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#100417 - 08/02/08 12:43 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I've only seen 3 bladed leaves in the early stages of growth, never when the plant is 2 feet tall.  Could still be a mj plant but it makes me suspicious if all the leaves are 3 bladed. 

Also all cannabis produces THC, even hemp.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflineBlargIAmDead

Re: 3-bladed leaf? [Re: THEBats]
    #100438 - 08/02/08 01:02 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Think there was a discussion about a weed look alike called like duck's foot or something. It's not weed and not psychoactive.

Offlineb0b gnarley
 User Gallery
Re: 3-bladed leaf? [Re: BlargIAmDead]
    #100474 - 08/02/08 01:59 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Duck's foot

The leaf doesn't look anything like this, it looks EXACTLY like a marijuana leaf, but it only has 3 blades.

OfflineBlargIAmDead

#100476 - 08/02/08 02:01 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Those a maple leaves. And they're still not psychoactive :laugh:. But all joking aside I have no idea man. Sorry.

Offlineb0b gnarley
 User Gallery

#100479 - 08/02/08 02:07 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

LOL its cool man.

Pics to come soon. I'm looking forward to this plant, whether or not it is pot I took a clone. :yesnod:

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #100522 - 08/02/08 06:45 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
Also all cannabis produces THC, even hemp.

Yet people don't smoke hemp. This is why I qualified with the word "much". :wink:

Quote:

BlargIAmDead said:
Think there was a discussion about a weed look alike called like duck's foot or something. It's not weed and not psychoactive.

If it is Duck's Foot that you are talking about, it is weed and it will get you stoned. I'm sure it isn't as potent as some of the top strains, but it should be just fine. :grin:

--------------------

OfflineBlargIAmDead

#100601 - 08/02/08 08:47 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Well I'll be damned. Hmm in the other discussion it seemed like people agreed it was just a weed (not WEED y'know :smile:). I stand corrected cause when I Googled it all that comes up is "stealth grow with DUCKS FOOT!"

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #106699 - 08/09/08 01:52 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I've had plants that grown only 3 bladed leaves all through its life cycle, its a strain called "duck-foot" not the actual species duck foot which is what you posted the pictures of.  Yes marijuana can start with one lamina, then 3, then 5, 7, 9, 11, and i've even had leaves with 13 lamina's, but I've also had a plant that went 1, 3, 3, 3, 3, etc... just stayed at 3 leaves and i've seen people buy this strain before, helps with stealth because it really doesn't look like a normal pot plant until it actually produces nuggets...heh :rofl:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #106739 - 08/09/08 02:35 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Ahh, since this has been bumped, how is the plant doing? How about the clone? :smile:

--------------------

Offlineb0b gnarley
 User Gallery

#106898 - 08/09/08 09:03 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

still growing strong, ill get teh official measurements soon, but so far it looks to have grown a couple inches this week.

haven't got around to making the clone yet, but ill keep this thread updated. :cool:

Invisibledumbfounded1800

#107081 - 08/10/08 10:59 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I'm sure if you crossed it it could have some benefits of being a high potent one.

Breeders From ICMAG discuss duckfoot as

Quote:

Breeders report on Ducksfoot.

Plant structure:
Up to 8 ft in height and can be as wide, average around 6 ft. Very large, bushy webbed leaved plant . . . tends to like to spread with training to produce masses of large tight and very heavy, smelly buds. Buds have been as large as my leg... The Ducksfoot seems to be a very hardy plant. It begins to show its webbed traits on the second set of leaves, that come out quite wedged shaped and usually single bladed. The following leaf is the typical 3 fingered Ducksfoot leaf. Successive leaves will continue up to seven apparent points, and can be very large, dinner plate size. The leaves progressively lessen in points as the plant ripens as with other varieties.

Yield:
I have yielded huge amounts from my ducks, up to and over 2 pounds, due to its quick growth it is able to support hundreds of fat buds.

Maturing times:
I am still working on what sort of time it matures in climates different to mine; in my climate it is planted anywhere between October and December, and is harvested late March to mid April.
I have seen a few plants grown in the U.K. that veged well, but I don’t believe the ripening time was long enough to produce the same thing I get here, he said it was still going into November. Climates similar to Australia have had no problems at all, as far down as Perth in western oz...

Indoors:
I have grown duck indoors a few times, they veged very well, but the buds were wispy and airy and didn’t seem worth the trouble. We had 2 plants that were successful out of 20 tested, the successful ones were very good, but I haven’t seen another suited one since and would recommend that it is not grown indoors, after all why hide a plant that has its own camouflage specially suited for the outdoors?..

Bud size and form:
Some of the fattest and weightiest buds I’ve come across, green in colour... Bud formation can vary a little . . . have had them up to 4 inches in diameter and very solid, sometimes causing problems here with mould due to that fact...

Uniformity:
All plants are webbed, but some variations can occur in bud formation, i.e. , some more looser Sativa type buds, and others will resemble the tighter Indica formation... All plants have a similar smell and taste, a little stronger in some than others. It has not bothered me to have some variation in the plants, but will breed out the Sativa-looking ones and stick to the tighter fatter buds in the near future. It is nice to see all the characteristics though and all plants have performed very well in my location.

Smell and taste:
The duck has a very strong smell, even when quite young and a mature bush can be smelled from many meters away, kind of lingers in the air... Fresh buds smell very strong and will stink your house out, when dry and cured it has a very pleasant, to strong odors; a sweet hashy, spicy smell. The taste is the same as the smell, lingers on the palate for a long time afterwards and is very sweet and refreshing.

Stone:
Nice smooth stone, very steady up and relaxing and happy, very little couch lock, but still quite the powerful smoke, happy weed would describe it perfectly...

My opinion:
I really love growing the duck, it’s a really fun plant to grow and I always have some growing. The taste is just amazing and the stone brightens my day, even if it starts a little glum. I have bred many generations of this wonderful plant, and am really taken by its unique structure, growth pattern and fantastic smell...

Potential:
The duck has shown a huge potential in the area of hybridization, its vigor is added to the cross very well, as well as the smell. The hybrids have been of good size, up to average of 1 pound, with huge heads, some up to 5 inches in diameter and tight; some buds were so robust they looked as though they were growing inside out... The recent addition of a webbed Indica to my seed collection may realize some fantastic potential with webbed plants... Spare a thought for the many Ducksfoot plants that gave their lives to bring you this report.

Offlineb0b gnarley
 User Gallery
    #110171 - 08/16/08 08:28 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

here's an update...its starting to flower...i couldn't wait so i picked off a nug to sample the other day and let it dry

its good, seems like a body high but I didn't have enough to feel the full effects

:bongload:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom