Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinephishphan2088
doppleganger
 User Gallery

Odor managment
    #796682 - 10/12/15 03:20 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Right now I'm  living in an apartment building with neighbors above me and on either side. I'm thinking about starting a small grow but I'm curious about how I'm going to manage the smell. There is a drop ceiling in my apartment and my suspicion is that it's not very airtight so anything I do I'm pretty sure my neighbors will smell like cooking burning candles etc. I have one in line fan and a carbon filter. Anyone care to offer help?

--------------------

Sucking at something is the first step in being kinda good at something.-Jake the Dog

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Odor managment [Re: phishphan2088]
    #796698 - 10/12/15 06:00 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Fan and filter is all I use, but my neighbors aren't near as close as your's.
In your case a small O zone generator would also be helpful as an added protection.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Odor managment [Re: Stoneth] * 1
    #796710 - 10/12/15 07:19 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Get a small Ozone generator from ebay..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171649612175

thats the smallest I can find, 0.5 g/hr, I had the 3.5g/hr model that handled 3lbs of buds with no smell.

Ozone is very DANGEROUS for your lungs, you don't want to breath a lot of it. So a small one, in a long duct and preferably out the window should do.

Check out the other stuff that seller has, He's the guy I got mine from and has all the parts to replace and build just about any size for your needs.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlinephishphan2088
doppleganger
 User Gallery

Re: Odor managment [Re: phychotron]
    #796766 - 10/13/15 02:41 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks to stoneth and psychotron. If I put the ozone generator in the drop ceiling my plants should be OK right? I also have a de-ionizer that should help overall. Does ozone affect terpenes?

--------------------

Sucking at something is the first step in being kinda good at something.-Jake the Dog

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Odor managment [Re: phishphan2088]
    #796820 - 10/13/15 11:38 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Ozone takes smell (can you smell the terpenes?) and essentially bonds with it and forms a dust. If you time and calculate your ozone just right you shouldn't have a problem, but I wouldn't have it going full blast all the time in the plant zone. Duct it so it has time to react and disperse. You can smell it pretty easy and it does not last very long before it reacts with the smell in the air.

Those small 12v one's I was reading the description that hunters will use them in the car to remove any odor on the way to the woods.

So yes, if you did too much you'd probably notice a difference in flavor. Ducting and timing will be your best bet, even if you have to duct it around the ceiling of the room one loop and blow back into the same room. If the ducting is long enough for the amount of ozone and air flow there should be no scent or ozone coming out the tail end.

My ducting was old so I got the cheapest $1/roll packing tape and completely covered it to eliminate any holes for it to escape prematurely.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds