Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Grow4Vets gives out free marijuana to veterans in protest of State Health Board decision (CO)
    #788117 - 08/02/15 08:35 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

DENVER (CBS4) – Hundreds of Colorado veterans waited in a long line in Denver on Saturday for free cannabis products.
The free handouts were set up as a sign of protest to a decision by the state’s health board not to allow post-traumatic-stress disorder as a treatable condition for medical marijuana.

The cannabis giveaway was set up by Grow4Vets founder Roger Martin and Todd Mitchem, CEO of a company called High There! — a sort of social networking tool for pot users.
“We teamed up to get medicial marijuana into the hands of those they say need it most,” Mitchem told CBS4. “You see and hear their stories, you see the way they operate with cannabis versus prescription meds, and it’s a pretty clear picture. I think to deny it because we don’t have research, is really short-sighted.”

"We’re tired of waiting around for the government to do something to help veterans,” Martin said. “We’re losing over 50 American heroes every single day as a result of prescription drug overdose or suicide, and the VA’s position up until this point has pretty much been let’s just keep them in a drug stupor.”
The Colorado Board of Health last month voted down making PTSD a treatable condition for medical marijuana. One health board member who voted against the measure said he doesn’t feel the link between pot and PTSD has enough research to back it up.
Retired Dr. Christian Hageseth III, a Vietnam War veteran, calls himself a medical marijuana educator, and said on Saturday he’s not surprised by that opinion.

“There’s no scientific data because there’s no research that’s allowed, because cannabis is a Schedule 1 drug,” he said.
Hageseth now works to educate other veterans on what he says are the benefits and uses of marijuana.
“By and large, most people that I know, who want cannabis for medical purposes, do not like getting high,” he said.
Mark, a veteran, was among the many who were in line for the free products.

“If I didn’t have cannabis, and I had to rely on the meds from the VA, I would not be alive,” said Mark, who told CBS4 he has been struggling with PTSD for 20 years.
He says it has saved him from dangerous side effects and overdose risks from pharmaceuticals that haven’t helped him.
“The Valium and Klonopin, things like that, that they’ve given me, they just made me an addict,” he said.

source

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

Edited by SleepAid (08/02/15 08:35 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecheezymold
That Guy

Re: Grow4Vets gives out free marijuana to veterans in protest of State Health Board decision (CO) [Re: SleepAid]
    #788159 - 08/02/15 03:32 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

These guys are awesome.  Is it legal to give away buds in CO?  Or do you have to have a license to distribute it?  They just added PTSD to the medical program here in Hawaii.  We would get jailed for handing out buds though.

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Re: Grow4Vets gives out free marijuana to veterans in protest of State Health Board decision (CO) [Re: cheezymold]
    #788170 - 08/02/15 06:01 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

In Colorado any adult over 21 years old can transfer/gift weed to any other 21+ adult.

You can also (in no particular order, and not a full list):
-grow up to 6 plants (3 veg 3 flower)
-grow up to 12 plants per house (2 adults = 12 plants)
-possess whatever amount you produce from your plants, no limit
-possess up to an ounce on your person
-smoke on private property

edit: also, dude, let me give you a hell yeah. Grow4vets is awesome. I don't personally take advantage of their services but what they are doing literally saves lives, believe that.

Edited by SleepAid (08/02/15 06:04 PM)

Offlinecheezymold
That Guy

Re: Grow4Vets gives out free marijuana to veterans in protest of State Health Board decision (CO) [Re: SleepAid]
    #788173 - 08/02/15 07:09 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

That sounds pretty legit.  I think the law is pretty reasonable for non-medical purposes.  Hopefully the law here will loosen up once we get our dispensary next summer.  We really should be taking better care of our veterans.

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Re: Grow4Vets gives out free marijuana to veterans in protest of State Health Board decision (CO) [Re: cheezymold]
    #788200 - 08/02/15 11:25 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Let me also say that they were likely giving out sub-lingual oil, not flowers- G4V will help you set up a grow room, give you genetics, hook you up with an ounce worth of oil per month for free and shit like that  but they do not really support smoking at all (which I think does a lot for their credibility to be honest).

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

Offlinecheezymold
That Guy

#788207 - 08/02/15 11:38 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Sounds kind of like the medical program here. They strongly urge you to purchase a vaporizer or make edibles.  BHO is still a felony here though.  I'd be down to donate some cuts or something for the cause.

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

#788221 - 08/03/15 07:57 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Edit:

They have a healthy sponsor system but there are plenty of ways that you can help:

http://www.grow4vets.org/volunteer.html

http://www.grow4vets.org/donate.html

Edited by SleepAid (08/03/15 08:03 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale