Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBudG
Stranger
vegetative growth during flowering
    #788149 - 08/02/15 02:55 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

I tried searching older posts for a similar question I'm about to ask, but I couldn't find any. (this is my first post)
so I am doing an outdoor grow with clones. got about 40 plants with 3 different strains. I would say half of them just started flowering earlier this week. and the tallest ones are only about 3 feet tall. ( got them a little late this season)  Im still a newb to this, so I am just wondering if my plants will still grow in height or girth before I switch  its food over to my beastie bloom. Ideally I would have liked them to be a little taller and wider before they started to flower.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSmokeSomeHash
Littlest pee pee on da block
 User Gallery

Loc: murica Flag
Re: vegetative growth during flowering [Re: BudG]
    #789530 - 08/13/15 09:38 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

They stretch during flower, sometimes to twice the height they were in veg.

Also beastie bloom isnt a base nutrient or "food". It is an additive to be used in addition to a base regimen. If youre using fox farm their base nutes are grow big and tiger bloom. The three part solubles are meant to be added during flower while using tiger bloom, not as a stand alone nutrient.

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: vegetative growth during flowering [Re: SmokeSomeHash]
    #789651 - 08/15/15 02:49 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Planted are known to stretch for the first 2-4 weeks of flowering. The longer the flower period means longer the stretch (typically speaking). My 12-14 week strains stretch for 3-4 weeks, my 8-10 week strains more like 2. This can be a useful indication of how long the plant will flower for but should only be used as a guideline. 

I'd expect 5-7 ft plants.

Are the plants directly in the ground? How are you feeding the plants? Beastie Bloom is 0-50-30 which is very similar to powdered Kool Bloom which is applied in the last few weeks before harvest. I only apply this in coco or hydroponics where it's easy to flush out, in soil I'd be more weary of applying it as you may not be able to flush it all out and it may leave an awful taste in your weed come harvest.

Assume you're plant is going to flower for 10 weeks and you're at the start of week two. I'd apply a 0-10-10 or 0-13-14 or whatever fertilizer by the end of week 2 until end of week 5, Around week six I'd apply one or two feedings of 0-50-30 which will allow for a decent flush. This would be of course in addition to your normal feedings assuming your soil isn't amended to support growth for the entire season. That's how I'd apply the bloom boosters though. You may think this is too long of a flush but it will allow for a longer flush for those plants which finish earlier than the 10 week mark.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: vegetative growth during flowering [Re: captain.koons]
    #789682 - 08/15/15 09:48 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

I'm on my first outdoor, so I'm no expert in growing outside. But I was under the assumption that they stretch less outdoors due to the change in light being so gradual.  Any thoughts on this?

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: vegetative growth during flowering [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #789693 - 08/15/15 11:02 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

That's a possibility. I've never really monitored the onset of flowering nor measured stretch as I guerrilla grow outdoors. Set it and more or less forget it. I'll visit when it's very rainy to shake off excessive water, or water during drought but I generally visit as little as possible and don't care to monitor such things.

Last year I brought out a number of ~7 week finishers late in the season and they took around 9 weeks to flower and stretched approximately what they would with 2 weeks of veg. We took them out around mid August and harvest was end of October. I did note that around this time there's 14 hours of sunlight, or a slightly extended flowering photoperiod. I'd assume they stretch more if anything, but I have no data to support this only intuition.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom