Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSamhainJ
Plants 61 days old.. Sex?
    #783873 - 07/01/15 01:58 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I started about half of my plants inside last day of April. They were vegged under a single 54W high output T-5 bulb, which wasn't always giving the proper amount of light hours..they have been outside since early June but I still can't tell sex on em despite age and the fact many are 3ft tall..No pistils/hairs, no bananas or balls. Where I live the max amount of light outdoors per day is about 15 hours and my plants didn't flower last year until mid September. Are any of these conditions preventing sex from being shown? I figure maybe it's harder with outdoor plants Bc you can't change the light cycle up..any thoughts on this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Plants 61 days old.. Sex? [Re: SamhainJ]
    #783888 - 07/01/15 08:42 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Most likely the plants are 3 feet tall cause there is a lot of stretching. The bulb you said you used can't put out the right amount of light by itself.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineSamhainJ
Re: Plants 61 days old.. Sex? [Re: Magash]
    #784121 - 07/02/15 01:01 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

They only got about 12 inches under the T-5, the rest of the growth came from being outdoors. Should plants show sex on there own by this point in there life cycle? I'm patient and CAN wait but if I can help it I'd rather not waste time and resources on males

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
    #784147 - 07/03/15 02:36 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Unless you flake the plant out with a response trigger likely drastically reduced light intensity or something , the flowering will be triggered by reduced hours of lighting.
If you're in the north, its good to stick with an indica dominant northern strain...
For most true Sativas and especially Thais, the floweing is a slow even can be a slow & lengthy process...

I usually dont see hair balls around here till at least the end of july...

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

OfflineSamhainJ
Re: Plants 61 days old.. Sex? [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #784201 - 07/04/15 09:52 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah I'm in the northeast. I have mostly indica dominants growing but do have one or two Sativa's that somebody gave me as seed

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #784202 - 07/04/15 10:23 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Take a cutting off of the plant. You're not concerned with rooting just put it under 12 hours of light from day one. That way you don't have to do it to the entire plant which will cause reverting and stunt it. The plant will show sex before it roots.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

OfflineSamhainJ
    #784939 - 07/10/15 12:04 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I noticed today that several of the plants in question have white hairs now. Does this mean they are beginning to flower? Should I keep using grow big until buds appear or switch to big bloom fert?

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

#784940 - 07/10/15 12:06 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Start the flowering nutrients now. take it easy on em tho and dont fry em...
Yes the hairs mean flowering and that its female

--------------------

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#784984 - 07/11/15 02:31 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

hold up those are preflowers. I have plants in veg for months with them and still feed them veg nut. When ever you flip them into flower thats when i would give them flowering nut.:wellidunno:

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Re: Plants 61 days old.. Sex? [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #784985 - 07/11/15 04:25 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Dude whatcha talkin about?
(And im not digging the derp face)

He wants them to flower from what I gather. Flowering begins when hairs show...
It doesnt matter if you label them "pre flowers" or whatever.
If you choose to keep your plants in veg with them that doesnt have much to do with when this guys flowering nutrients can be introduced.
Read the back of cannabis flowering nutrients it will commonly say "intruduce flowering nutrients at the first signs of flowering" which would be ...hairs.

As far as flipping lights is concerned, his plants are outdoors, so .... consider the lights flipped.
The days are shortening in length and the plant is ready to kick out buds....

Plants will kick out hairs in veg with certain genetics at a certain age. Also commonly if the light intensity is decreased, which is another sign of autumn in nature.
Whan hairs appear, notice the overall shape of the plant will commonly begin to change as the plant also starts to decide on its budding sites and tighten up its tops.
Keeping them in veg cycle light timings doesnt mean the plants arent wanting to flower...

--------------------

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#785064 - 07/11/15 06:50 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I was just saying just because the plants show sex dont mean its time to hit them with bloom ,but if there outside and and the sun is right and there starting to bud then i would start then.:stayfunky:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Plants 61 days old.. Sex? [Re: budgrowerwannabe] * 1
    #785078 - 07/11/15 09:54 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Look if you live in the United States then give the plants veg nutrient till the middle of August at the least unless you're growing auto flowers and your not so put the budding nutrients out of your head for now.

First sign that the plants can flower is preflowers but it does not mean they are in flowering. Hairs are not the first sign that the plants are flowering stretch of the stems is as the plants prepare for flowering is usually the first sign that the plants are truly in flowering.

:happyweed:

--------------------

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#785112 - 07/12/15 01:43 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

:baaaam: He didnt believe me. OOOO well thanks for setting it strait.

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Re: Plants 61 days old.. Sex? [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #785117 - 07/12/15 06:58 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Not believing what? youre talking about light flipping...and what?
I really hate to argue either way.
Pre flower is listed as a flowering stage. Yes if theyre in veg it usually doesnt go beyond that but its a sign your plants are trying to flower. there are also may types of flowering & bloom nutes for specific stages.
OP, lots of folks use fertilizer spikes and things like that for outdoor stealth.

Some new research I find most interesting is high brix gardening and soil mineralization instead of solely worring about nutrients

--------------------

OfflineSamhainJ
    #785171 - 07/12/15 08:19 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not worried about being able to make it out to the site often enough because I (probably stupidly) have all my plants right behind my home in the woods.

Magash, thanks for clearing up that they aren't technically flowering yet.. Like I said I'm kind new to this and couldn't find a definite answer, but I appreciate everyone's input and help!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order