Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
OfflineManitou
Indépendantiste
Male User Gallery

Loc: Québecédelic
Re: The Kratom Report... [Re: P-O]
    #650985 - 12/13/12 06:23 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I did a tea with 9 grams of premium red borneo and damn man you are right, so much more relaxing than the other strains I tried so far!

--------------------
Pour un instant, j'ai respiré très fort
Ça m'a permis de visiter mon corps
Des inconnus vivent en roi chez moi
Moi qui avait accepté leurs lois
J'ai perdu mon temps à gagner du temps
J'ai besoin de me trouver une histoire à me conter
Pour instant j'ai oublié mon nom
Harmonium - Pour un instant
--------------------------------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleopenmind
cannaisseur

Loc: Cannafornia
Re: The Kratom Report... [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk] * 3
    #651029 - 12/14/12 01:36 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

openmind said:
...I have LOTS to say about kratom but I'm about to walk out the door...I love the leaf as much as I love cannabis, it has now become part of my daily herbal regimen along with yerba mate and cannabis :wink: .

Alright, so....said I have a lot to say about kratom, here goes.

I have recently fallen in love with kratom and have been using it semi-regularly for the past year or so. It is hands down my favorite psychoactive plant, right after cannabis.

Kratom melts away my social anxiety and depression, gives me a TON of physical and mental energy, keeps my mind focused and sharp, and depending on the strain/dose it can induce a lovely warm euphoria. Though I don't take the stuff solely for the purpose of getting high though, and honestly there really isn't much in that area anyways...It's my anti-depressant, anti-anxiety, caffeine replacement, pain killer, all around feel good & balanced all in one herb. It's my medicine, rather than taking several different pharmaceuticals this medicinal plant does the job of all of them. Much safer, for myself it is much more effective than ssri's or benzos, and cheaper. And the stuff makes my mind/thoughts/focus on point and very sharp, rather than making me feel doped up and slow like opiates would. Kratom is also chock full of anti-oxidants & beneficial compounds, more so than green tea.

Some of my favorite strains are Green Malay, Red Borneo (Bali), Red Thai, Maeng Da, & Sunda. I have tried a few extracts, such as the gold reserve, but I try to keep it to just plain leaf. I will sometimes add a pinch of extract to a small amount of leaf for enhancement and to stretch my supply of leaf, as it potentiates it quite well.

As far as my use/intake...Since I started using kratom about a year ago I've taken it daily for a period of 4 to 6 weeks, then I take a break for at least a week (or longer). My daily intake ranges from 4g to 8g a day. Lately I've been taking 3g before work, then 3g to 5g when I get home.

I can't quite put my finger on the tolerance when it comes to kratom. It's there, but at the same time here I am a year later and the effects are just as pronounced as they were the very first time I took it :shrug: . I have several explanations for that though....#1, as I previously mentioned I don't take the stuff just to catch a buzz, I take it as a medicine, so perhaps my minds "approach" to the stuff is different than someone just wanting to get lifted. #2, I don't increase my dosage, since day one I have always taken more or less the same amount every day (same thing I've done with cannabis, been smoking for 5+ years and 0.05g of weed will still get me all sorts of stoned). #3, I do take other medicinal herbs daily such as milk thistle, ginkgo biloba, cat's claw, etc...and those no doubt have some synergy and some enzyme inhibition which potentiates kratom.

When I do take breaks, it's really not that hard to give up. Quitting coffee was much harder for me. I do experience mild withdrawal symptoms, I suppose, for about 24 to 48 hours. Such as feeling sleepy and lethargic during the day, maybe a headache, and some irritability . Nothing that some yerba mate and cannabis can't make go away :wink: .

There is quite a bit going on with kratom as far as alkaloids & the range of activity they have. What's interesting is the two most prevalent alkaloids ( 7-hydroxymitragynine and mitragynine) are structurally similar to tryptamines, but they act as opioid receptor agonists.

Here is the list of alkaloids & their activity/effects found in kratom....

Ajmalicine (Raubasine): Cerebrocirculant, antiaggregant, anti-adrenergic (at alpha-1), sedative, anticonvulsant, smooth muscle relaxer. Also found in Rauwolfia serpentina.

Akuammigine

Ciliaphylline: antitussive, analgesic. < 1% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Corynantheidine: μ -opioid antagonist, also found in Yohimbe. < 1% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Corynoxeine: Calcium channel blocker. < 1% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Corynoxine A and B: Dopamine mediating anti-locomotives. < 1% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Epicatechin: Antioxidant, antiaggregant, antibacterial, antidiabetic,
antihepatitic, anti-inflammatory, anti-leukemic, antimutagenic, antiperoxidant,
antiviral, potential cancer preventative, alpha-amylase inhibitor. Also found in dark chocolate.

9-Hydroxycorynantheidine: Partial opioid agonist

7-hydroxymitragynine: Analgesic, antitussive, antidiarrheal; primary
psychoactive in Kratom, Roughly 2% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Isomitraphylline: Immunostimulant, anti-leukemic. < 1% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Isomitrafoline: < 1% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Isopteropodine: Immunostimulant

Isorhynchophylline: Immunostimulant. < 1% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Isospeciofoline: < 1% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Mitraciliatine: < 1% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Mitragynine: Indole alkaloid. Analgesic, antitussive, antidiarrheal, adrenergic, antimalarial,
possible psychedelic (5-HT2A) antagonist. Roughly 66% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf. :strokebeard:

Mitragynine oxindole B. < 1% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Mitrafoline: < 1% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Mitraphylline: Oxindole alkaloid. Vasodilator, antihypertensive, muscle relaxer, diuretic, antiamnesic, anti-leukemic, possible immunostimulant. <1% of total alkaloid contents in Kratom leaf.

Mitraversine

Paynantheine: Indole alkaloid. Smooth muscle relaxer. 8.6% to 9% of total alkaloid contents in Kratom leaf.

Rhynchophylline: Vasodilator, antihypertensive, calcium channel blocker,
antiaggregant, anti-inflammatory, antipyretic, anti-arrhythmic, antithelmintic. < 1% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Speciociliatine: Weak opioid agonist. 0.8% to 1% of total alkaloid content of Kratom leaf, unique to Kratom.

Speciofoline

Speciogynine: Smooth muscle relaxer. 6.6% to 7% of total alkaloid contents of Kratom leaf.

Speciophylline: Indole alkaloid. Anti-leukemic. <1% of total alkaloid contents of Kratom leaf.

Stipulatine

Tetrahydroalstonine: Hypoglycemic, anti-adrenergic (at alpha-2)

Some things that are known to or that I've found to synergize well with and/or potentiate kratom....If you are looking for more stimulation, Yerba Mate goes very well with it....Milk thistle, turmeric, ginkgo bilba, ginseng, cat's claw (actually has some of the same alkaloids as kratom), kanna, calamus, kava, Nigella Sativa (Black Seed, aka black cumin), passion flower, and cannabis of course all synergize well.

I'm sure most of you know, but kratom has been receiving a slew of bad media attention/propaganda. I have no doubt big pharma is behind most of it, particularly those that are involved with buprenorphine (suboxone). The fact that it is sold in head shops isn't helping, blatantly being sold as something to get high off of, even being sold in capsules for human consumption. Sure, it's obvious that we eat the stuff, but it being sold for human consumption isn't helping the situation at all. Think about other things that have been in head shops in the past, that got a bunch of media attention, then banned shortly after. As of lately quite a few shipments coming in from out of the US have been held or seized by customs, which is bull shit since it is still completely legal...people have been receiving letters like this instead of their kratom>>>>

Wouldn't be surprised if the stuff is illegal in the coming years. It's a shame because it is a terrific leaf, some real medicine that helps many people. From those that use it to wing off or abstain from opiate use, to those that use it as an alternative to pharmaceutical opiates that need to dull pain, to those that use it for energy/stimulation/anti-depressant/etc....and even those that just want to catch a buzz & chill out with...it's incredibly benign. Not not to mention the health benefits, anti-tumor, anti-carcinogenic, anti-oxidant, immune system boosting properties.

Anyway, I think that's all I have to say at the moment :smirk: .

-OM
:stoner:

--------------------

Edited by openmind (12/14/12 01:45 AM)

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: The Kratom Report... [Re: openmind]
    #651054 - 12/14/12 10:07 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for the input. Always quality posts!

Love Yerba Mate... Drinkin some right now!

Do you notice withdrawl symptoms when you stop the Kratom?

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Re: The Kratom Report... [Re: openmind]
    #651055 - 12/14/12 10:29 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

openmind said:When I do take breaks, it's really not that hard to give up. Quitting coffee was much harder for me. I do experience mild withdrawal symptoms, I suppose, for about 24 to 48 hours. Such as feeling sleepy and lethargic during the day, maybe a headache, and some irritability . Nothing that some yerba mate and cannabis can't make go away

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

InvisibleP-O

Re: The Kratom Report... [Re: 81renaissance]
    #651069 - 12/14/12 11:27 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

GREAT PPOST OPEN MIND

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
    #651081 - 12/14/12 12:15 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

81renaissance said:
Quote:

openmind said:When I do take breaks, it's really not that hard to give up. Quitting coffee was much harder for me. I do experience mild withdrawal symptoms, I suppose, for about 24 to 48 hours. Such as feeling sleepy and lethargic during the day, maybe a headache, and some irritability . Nothing that some yerba mate and cannabis can't make go away

Ha. Would you look at that! :vaped:

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Offlinefunnyfart
Strangler
Male

Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: The Kratom Report... [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #651088 - 12/14/12 01:01 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

so is it hard to find kratom when u travel around the states? for european?!

InvisibleP-O

Re: The Kratom Report... [Re: funnyfart]
    #651089 - 12/14/12 01:08 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

easyiest and cheapest to order it online.

there is ONE headshop here, that sells 5gram backs of kratom leaf, for $20 here.:facepalm3:

Offlinefunnyfart
Strangler
Male

Loc: Dark side of the moon
    #651102 - 12/14/12 02:35 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

must be legal or?,so i could send it to a friend how live at a college?!

OfflineSpenner
The Spenner
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: The Kratom Report... [Re: funnyfart]
    #651375 - 12/16/12 01:04 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah I'm really hoping this doesn't blow up into something that gets widespread media attention... that'll be the end of it.

Currently quite relaxed with some Borneo Red and Maengda mixed :smile: really cool synergy.

I agree that it's a beautiful plant, and all of the alkaloids and substances present in the leaf makes the idea of it so wonderful. It's such a friendly plant.

I have had 3 surgeries on my elbow, and it has a reconstructed joint, and the pains coming from it have been excruciating lately. Kratom makes the pain manageable, psychologically. And physically manageable. Usually, when I feel pain, my mind makes it SO much worse. Kratom helps me think around that, and the pain feels much lessened. It's great. :smile:

My tolerance seems to build up really quick so I generally only use once every 3 days... unfortunately. I'm going to look into suppliments for flavenoids (?) It escapes me at the moment, but basically it's a suppliment form of the parts of the grapefruit that help to potentiate opiates.

:psychsplit:

--------------------
~

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Re: The Kratom Report... [Re: Spenner] * 1
    #651608 - 12/17/12 11:47 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Kratom is here!  It's steeping with some yerba mate as I type!

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

InvisibleP-O

Re: The Kratom Report... [Re: 81renaissance] * 1
    #651611 - 12/17/12 11:54 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I love getting mail :vaped:

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

#651630 - 12/17/12 01:40 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

hmmm...mild effects, nothing to write home about. 
I steeped 8 grams in hot water for 5 minutes, drank it, re-steeped, drank it, re-steeped, drank it.
I've got a VEEERRRY light head buzz and that's it.

Thoughts or recommendations on how to potentiate?

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

InvisibleP-O

#651632 - 12/17/12 01:44 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Capsules ftw... tea is mild

mix 10 grams with pudding eat it back. then report back.

also... I find a good kratom dose peaks 3-4 hours in....

InvisibleDark_Star
The Grim Queefer
Male

#651636 - 12/17/12 01:47 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Just mix it in applesauce & eat it.

--------------------

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Re: The Kratom Report... [Re: Dark_Star]
    #651641 - 12/17/12 01:59 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Okay, well for the sake of not wasting my kratom, I just pulled all of the slurry out of my french press and ate it.
Not pleasant, but maybe some stronger effects.
I thought that the tea was how Gaskelort did it, and he reports great effects.:shrug:

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

InvisibleP-O

#651644 - 12/17/12 02:02 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

kratom is a pretty mild high.  mood life, euphoria, happy all around.... its not like oxys

but 9-10 grams in capsules of borno does get me high as shit.  i feel nauseated if i move around too much :vaped:

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

#651662 - 12/17/12 02:29 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I usually have to do bigger doses than "normal" of any drug I try.  Just genetics I guess.
I'll hit 10 grams in a couple days and see how that treats me.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Invisiblejuke adro
I hate fat vaginas
 User Gallery

Loc: Québec
    #651790 - 12/18/12 03:21 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I have a plant i bought off ebay a long time ago when no one knew what kratom was, about a month ago i chewed and sucked 7 fresh leaves, half an hour later i was totally wasted and nodding (not in a good way) like i had smoked a ball of Opi, never even looked it the thing again cause it was way too strong. I had been feeding it a and b grow and rhyzotonic dunno if that has anything to do with potency :shrug:

--------------------

I eat animals and most things that live in the sea, I'm not green but I smoke it and I litter to keep cunts like you in a job so fuck off.

InvisibleP-O

Re: The Kratom Report... [Re: juke adro]
    #651830 - 12/18/12 12:09 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

picture please

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck