Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebm90191
New To Growery
 User Gallery

Any thoughts on what this is?
    #610206 - 02/22/12 03:40 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
seed

2. How old are your plants?
day 21 from germed seeds planted into soil

3. How tall are your plants?
6-8 inches

4. What size containers are they planted in?
1/2 gallon

5. What is your soil mix?
Roots Organic Soil

6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
Barely, have watered twice since planting.  I used bottled spring water with nothing in it at all, no preservatives or heavy metals or anything.

7. What is the pH of your water?

8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
None for first 30 days

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
No, should I?

10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
Hydrofarm 2ft 4 bulb High Output T5 plus 4 26watt CFLs..15,000 total lumens.

11. How close are your lights to the plants?
3 inches

12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
3x4x12 ...96 cf

13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
75F 40%rh

14. What is the pH of the soil?
Unknown waiting on PH kit to arrive

15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
No

16. How much experience do you have growing?
First time indoor growing but have experienced medicinal grower mentoring me, only problem he's not in the same town as me and our extent of conversations are phone and video chat.

So here are some pictures they looked healthy and green the other day but two plants have seemed to started looking a little sick.  Here are pictures of the whole plants and sites of concern.  The spots on the one leave are so weird I haven't seen anything like that in any other doctor diagnosis threads.  Any ideas?

plant 1

plant 1

plant 2

plant 2

plant 2

thanks guys!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Any thoughts on what this is? [Re: bm90191]
    #610208 - 02/22/12 03:56 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Well they're ready to be transplanted.  I think that's part of your problem.  Your starting to see some signs on nitrogen deficiency. 

When you water you plants does water ever get on the leaves??  Cause the spots I'm seeing look like they're from water droplets that get on your leaves, and then refract/magnify the light and burn the portion of the leaf.  Hope that helps. 

If you can't transplant then feed a light dose of veg solution.  Also the single blade leaves usually yellow and die off eventually anyways.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinebm90191
New To Growery
 User Gallery

Re: Any thoughts on what this is? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #610209 - 02/22/12 04:04 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah thanks hawk, thats what i thought the friggen 3 gallon dirtbags were supposed to be here on monday along with my ph kit to stabilize the plain water ph until i start introducing nutes.  But because of mondays holiday it hasn't gotten here yet the second it gets to my door they're being transplanted.  You think if post back later tonight each individual plant, theres 12 and i can only transplant 6, you could give me your opinion on which 6 make the cut?  I decided the just gonna take the others and instead of throwing them away I'm just gonna build a little grow box with 2700k cfls and just start flowering, even if i can get a few G's per plant i'd be happy with that.

Edited by bm90191 (02/22/12 04:08 PM)

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #610213 - 02/22/12 04:59 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Not a problem man.  I'll help ya.  I have 9 ball league tonight.  But if I don't answer tonight I'll get to ya first thing tomorrow.  And it wont hurt if they have to wait one more night.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, C... Flag
    #610217 - 02/22/12 05:10 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:

When you water you plants does water ever get on the leaves??  Cause the spots I'm seeing look like they're from water droplets that get on your leaves, and then refract/magnify the light and burn the portion of the leaf.  Hope that helps. 

I agree,  I ve had the same problem when I first started growing long ago,  Nowadays by habit I tap the leafs if they get wet after I water them.  Never seen the problem since :P  with this hobby there is alot of techniques you will pick up by habit after doing them so long and eventually you see less and less problems :smile:

The only problem I have nowadays is pest, and Organicide takes care of them :smile:

--------------------

"You cant arrest me, im high I cant understand my rights!"

Nanook said:
" People learn differently. Some can observe and gather what they need, others need to do it and experience all the options. One of those options being: burning down a mini fridge. "

Anything posted by me related to cultivation or illegal activities is purely fictional. It is intended for educational or entertainment purposes only.

Please help support the fight for Medical Marijuana in Florida

Offlinebm90191
New To Growery
 User Gallery

Re: Any thoughts on what this is? [Re: Miscusi]
    #610221 - 02/22/12 05:44 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

i'm a little weary though because some of the nicest healthiest looking ones came from a hermi ...i have 6 from a hermi and 6 not ...is it pretty much set in stone the 6 from the hermi will grow up to be hermis too?  Is it worth it to even try because they are bigger and looking super healthy

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #610224 - 02/22/12 06:06 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

It's not set in stone at all man.  Just keep a close eye on em.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #610234 - 02/22/12 06:43 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
It's not set in stone at all man.  Just keep a close eye on em.

Isn't there a way to make a hermie go female?  I think it requires chemicals.. I may be wrong, or I could have just read some bullshit somewhere. lol

--------------------

Nanook said:
" People learn differently. Some can observe and gather what they need, others need to do it and experience all the options. One of those options being: burning down a mini fridge. "

Anything posted by me related to cultivation or illegal activities is purely fictional. It is intended for educational or entertainment purposes only.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #610237 - 02/22/12 06:47 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

No clue man.  Haven't heard of that before.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinebm90191
New To Growery
 User Gallery

#610327 - 02/23/12 12:29 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

so i ran into a problem today, transplanting went fine, the rootballs were nice and solid used that palm rolling technique and gently pulling the roots out before i transplanted but here the shitty thing, I RAN OUT OF FUCKING ROOTS ORGANIC SOIL AFTER only 3 were transplanted :mad2: ..I decided there is only room for 5 anyways i have 7 vegged plants now that I have no idea what to do with...I just stuck the other 2 I wanted to transplant back in the closet with the 3 transplanted ones.  Now i have absolutely no grow store near me at all, and there is no way I'm ordering soil offline and paying 60$ for shipping a 20$ bag of soil.  All I have near by is a homedepot and lowes thats it.  I really am not trying to fucking use miracle grow or something stupid like that.  Any suggestions on what medium I could substitute those two plants in?  I need to figure this out.  Thanks.

OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #610345 - 02/23/12 02:25 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

bm90191 said:
so i ran into a problem today, transplanting went fine, the rootballs were nice and solid used that palm rolling technique and gently pulling the roots out before i transplanted but here the shitty thing, I RAN OUT OF FUCKING ROOTS ORGANIC SOIL AFTER only 3 were transplanted :mad2: ..I decided there is only room for 5 anyways i have 7 vegged plants now that I have no idea what to do with...I just stuck the other 2 I wanted to transplant back in the closet with the 3 transplanted ones.  Now i have absolutely no grow store near me at all, and there is no way I'm ordering soil offline and paying 60$ for shipping a 20$ bag of soil.  All I have near by is a homedepot and lowes thats it.  I really am not trying to fucking use miracle grow or something stupid like that.  Any suggestions on what medium I could substitute those two plants in?  I need to figure this out.  Thanks.

I can get FFOF for 15$ a 1.5 cubic ft bag (the big bag)

I don't know what it cost to ship but I am sure it would be way less than 60$  Let me know if your interested I can get a bag or two for you and shipp it your way, At my cost + shipping.

Or you can get perlite and coco fiber, that works great as a soiless medium (you will need to flush the coir and load it with nutes tho prior to planting )

--------------------

Nanook said:

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #610346 - 02/23/12 02:32 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Check your lowes or homdepot for this soil, tested by Magash.
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/509124#509124

--------------------
:getstoned:

Offlinebm90191
New To Growery
 User Gallery

#610347 - 02/23/12 02:44 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Miscusi said:
Quote:

bm90191 said:

I don't know what it cost to ship but I am sure it would be way less than 60$  Let me know if your interested I can get a bag or two for you and shipp it your way, At my cost + shipping.

Or you can get perlite and coco fiber, that works great as a soiless medium (you will need to flush the coir and load it with nutes tho prior to planting )

thanks man but I think I might get a better yield in the area with 3 plants to be honest, I figure 5 would be way to cluttered in there and by giving them the extra space they're going to produce a better yield than 5 crammed in there.  I can get another bag of the roots organic in a little over a week when I go away for 2 days back up north.  I figure if I have to pull any for being males i'll just transplant the females into a bigger pot, if i end up with only one female well thats going in a 30 gallon spot getting the whole 1000 watt light to herself lol.  I have 8 ft of height so I can definitely get away with that.

OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #610351 - 02/23/12 04:43 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

bm90191 said:
Quote:

Miscusi said:
Quote:

bm90191 said:

thanks man but I think I might get a better yield in the area with 3 plants to be honest, I figure 5 would be way to cluttered in there and by giving them the extra space they're going to produce a better yield than 5 crammed in there.  I can get another bag of the roots organic in a little over a week when I go away for 2 days back up north.  I figure if I have to pull any for being males i'll just transplant the females into a bigger pot, if i end up with only one female well thats going in a 30 gallon spot getting the whole 1000 watt light to herself lol.  I have 8 ft of height so I can definitely get away with that.

Ten four, good luck bro!

--------------------

Nanook said:

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #610354 - 02/23/12 05:24 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Black Gold is a brand they should carry at lowes or home depot.  Not bad soil.

--------------------

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale