Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

Why are the stigmas/hairs turning brown really early in flowering?
    #481639 - 09/24/10 10:39 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I noticed a few hairs here and there are turning brown or are already.  Not all of them just a few here and there.

Could it be genetics? Has anyone ever came across a problem like this?

--------------------

"you know, when you want something really bad and you close your eyes and you wish for it? God's the guy that ignores you"
"I got something that will fit in that hole... its right here in my pocket"
"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Why are the stigmas/hairs turning brown really early in flowering? [Re: critik]
    #481792 - 09/24/10 04:59 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

What's really early into flowering?

Usually if you see browning pistils really early it's either because they were handled a bit roughly, suffering from high temps, or your buds been pollenated somehow.  If you're like two weeks into flower you shouldn't be seeing any discoloration.  If you're a later then that (like around a month or so), and you see a few hairs turn everything should be ok.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

Loc: KOREA
Re: Why are the stigmas/hairs turning brown really early in flowering? [Re: coda]
    #481797 - 09/24/10 05:23 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

It's probably just the lower preflowers.

--------------------
:advisory:

“If you want to find out who your real friends are, sink the ship. The first ones to jump aren’t your friends.” — Marilyn Manson

This isn't the correct place to confront me on anything.

Forum full of dead stars, and a necro I called Coma White

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

Re: Why are the stigmas/hairs turning brown really early in flowering? [Re: Laysthepipe]
    #481988 - 09/25/10 07:23 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I think its from high heat. Its been 2 weeks into flowering. And the temps have been high lately. Will these browning pistils cause any further problems?

--------------------

"you know, when you want something really bad and you close your eyes and you wish for it? God's the guy that ignores you"
"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

Re: Why are the stigmas/hairs turning brown really early in flowering? [Re: critik]
    #481990 - 09/25/10 07:36 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

critik said:
I think its from high heat. Its been 2 weeks into flowering. And the temps have been high lately. Will these browning pistils cause any further problems?

Probably so, I had the same problem with my plants when I had them, only thing was it was only the preflowers that were there before they flowered/ started flowering so they mean nothing and I thought they just matured faster due to being preflowers.

Could be heat though, I had a heat problem, are you talking about pistils on top of the main cola or just pistils in random locations that are preflowers?

--------------------

“If you want to find out who your real friends are, sink the ship. The first ones to jump aren’t your friends.” — Marilyn Manson

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

Re: Why are the stigmas/hairs turning brown really early in flowering? [Re: Laysthepipe]
    #482472 - 09/26/10 11:20 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

on top on the main cola.do you think its a problem

--------------------

InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

#482479 - 09/26/10 11:48 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

critik said:
on top on the main cola.do you think its a problem

Yes, there was a post about something similar not too long ago, you should look at the pics and see if its the same, some guy burnt his top cola with a light bulb falling on it.

--------------------

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

#482491 - 09/26/10 12:21 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I am going to try and take pictures to show you.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1