Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Sun Pulse Digital Bulbs
    #320356 - 11/23/09 12:22 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Anybody ever used one of these/ heard much about it? I can't believe I haven't seen any discussions on here about them, but they're supposed to be the bees knees (according to their obviously slanted website).

I kinda want to pick one up and see if they're really that cool, but for $130 each I want some research first....

http://sunpulselamps.com/

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Sun Pulse Digital Bulbs [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #321070 - 11/24/09 01:47 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

nobody has heard anything about these huh?

well I've been doing some research and it seems to me that these folks are pretty legit. I'm too high/lazy to be getting into the specifics right now, but they do seem to have found a way to alter the light producing apparatus of the bulb to produce considerably high incident energy than just a normal HPS bulb. I'm thinking I'm going to try one out here on my next round and see if I can notice a significant difference. at the very least it's attractive to have a bulb specifically designed for my digital ballasts with a TWO YEAR full refund warranty

--------------------

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #321149 - 11/24/09 04:20 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I wonder if the intensity of the bulbs is supposed to last that long as well, considering you should replace regular bulbs so often.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Sun Pulse Digital Bulbs [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #321303 - 11/24/09 10:36 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

they claim that it will. it's a completely different setup than a normal lightbulb because it's designed specifically to function with electronic ballasts. they claim that you will see almost NO color shift or diminishing intensity over the 2 year warranty period, which IMO would more than pay for the bulb itself

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #321310 - 11/24/09 10:58 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

If that's true that would be a very nice investment.  I have a hard time believing it until I see some 3rd party testing of them though.

--------------------

-niteowl

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Sun Pulse Digital Bulbs [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #331279 - 12/14/09 02:46 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I just picked one up. I went to just get a regular hortilux bulb from my regular hydro store and they had these there for the exact same price, I couldn't believe it so I just went ahead and bought one. I'll let you all know what I think about it when 8pm rolls around tonight and the lights come back on

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Sun Pulse Digital Bulbs (moved) [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #331476 - 12/14/09 08:18 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

This thread was moved from Marijuana Cultivation.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #331477 - 12/14/09 08:23 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Myself I'm not into the bulbs that say
Quote:

Good for all phases of growth no need to switch for flowering

. I've never got the results from these I want.

I have not tried this brand though so who knows maybe.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Sun Pulse Digital Bulbs (moved) [Re: Magash]
    #331482 - 12/14/09 08:27 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

they actually do have different spectrum bulbs for different phases....  I guess they're just saying you don't have to switch if you don't want to :shrug: who knows? salesmen are shifty mothers

On the other hand, I DO feel this bulb is significantly brighter than the standard HPS I have in the room on the exact same ballast. it's weird, I got the 3K bulb that's "red" for flowering and it looks faaaaaaaar more white than the HPS bulb which is very interesting to me.

the SunPulse bulb is on the left in these pictures, you can see the difference no question

and check out how nice nugs look in this light...

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #331488 - 12/14/09 08:33 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

You got thrips?

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Sun Pulse Digital Bulbs (moved) [Re: Magash]
    #331492 - 12/14/09 08:38 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

no, had a terrible spider-mite colony attack for about 3 days during the first week of flower. haven't seen a single little fucker since then due to my diligence with pyrithium, but they left my babies withs some interesting tattoos :frown:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #333488 - 12/19/09 07:53 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I've been hearing conflicting reports about these bulbs.  Some people absolutely love them, some people think they're a waste of cash.  I personally don't like the fact that in order to optimally use their setup, I need to buy two differently rated bulbs for flowering (they recommend switching bulbs for the last two to three weeks of flower).

The people at my hydro store made a comment about how they're taking over the Cali grow scene, but even they were a little suspicious of that information.  He said he was was going to stock a few of the lamps and test them out in his shop (he has a hydro setup that grows herbs and veggies and shit) as well as bringing a few home.

I think I'll wait until there is some more conclusive evidence they're worth the money.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Sun Pulse Digital Bulbs (moved) [Re: coda]
    #333512 - 12/19/09 08:43 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

well technically you're supposed to buy a MH bulb and an HPS bulb in order optimally use any grow set-up right?

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #333866 - 12/20/09 02:02 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I think he meant that there were 2 different flowering bulbs.  An extra one you use at the last couple of weeks of flowering.

--------------------

-niteowl

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Sun Pulse Digital Bulbs (moved) [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #333888 - 12/20/09 08:03 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I think he meant that there were 2 different flowering bulbs.  An extra one you use at the last couple of weeks of flowering.

Yah.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Sun Pulse Digital Bulbs (moved) [Re: coda]
    #335128 - 12/22/09 03:10 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

ooohhh I see what you meant. well from what I can tell the 10K bulb they recommend for the last week of flower is actually just UV wavelength light. IMO it's a serious waste of money, and completely off from what plants would experience in real life, so I would just skip it :shrug:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #335197 - 12/22/09 04:58 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Well report back on the results, IMO it's just another type of MH bulb.  Until I see reason otherwise I'm sticking with the ol' reliable HPS. :smile:

--------------------

Offlineskunknumber1
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #353167 - 01/25/10 08:50 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

sun pulse is the shit i grow with only sunpulse lights any thing else is not true light.
u need all the colors of the sun, and no ONE bulb can do it.

u need a mix of light lows and high to replicate the sun to our best ability.
u can start growing good weed once u stop thinking about how can i get the most out of this one plant but grow and make ur strain grow big buds not just use more food and light. u can grow good bud but u need to know that weed need the right amount of every thing not alot of light and  food it needs just the right amount,

not i am going to put 2000watts on this one plant NO. a plant can only consume 6000 foot candles a second, any thing else is wasted light.

but back to sunpulse lamps they have lasted me 2 and a half years and i only changed them because they color shifted and i wanted fresh light so i switched them. and for you who say there is no different well if u change the light to real light high frequency light

like the sun.

you can grow really good indoor pot but till u have all the key elements to do  this any thing else is a wast of money.

heres my one of my 600watt spinner and a purple strain i am working on.

Offlinehydrogeezer
Stranger
Re: Sun Pulse Digital Bulbs [Re: skunknumber1]
    #361668 - 02/10/10 03:47 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I sold Sun Pulse bulbs for just over a year in Michigan.  I have received feedback from quite a few growers on these bulbs.  The general consensus seems to be they usually yield less.  I tested the output of these bulbs and they are about half of an HPS bulb.  Sun Pulse likes to throw around a lot of scientific terms explaining why the spectrum on their bulbs is far superior.  This is probably true.  Most growers noted a slight improvement in quality but huge drops in yield.  The only exception to this was the few growers who had splurged on the Life Lite Spinners.  These people love them.  It makes sense.  The bulbs put out less foot candles but in the spinners they are much closer to the plants.  Because they are spinning the footprint is actually larger.  So if you want to go all the way and get the spinners go for it.  If you just want a new bulb you will probably be disappointed.  I stopped selling them because of so many customer complaints.  I only get them for my spinner growers.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Sun Pulse Digital Bulbs [Re: hydrogeezer]
    #361677 - 02/10/10 03:56 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

hmm that's disappointing to hear. I am just in the middle of my first run with one and I don't really have the cash to go out and get a normal 600W. I was also hoping to find a bulb with the longevity for my digital ballast.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies