Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTomCollins

First Grow - 400w, custom hydro flood n drain, scrog, Power Skunk&Power Haze (23Jan10) *DELETED*
    #307696 - 11/01/09 09:37 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by DonkeyDong69

Reason for deletion: securirty

Edited by TomCollins (06/02/10 03:26 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Loc: CANADA
Re: First Grow - 400w, custom hydro flood n drain, Power Skunk & Power Haze [Re: TomCollins]
    #307746 - 11/01/09 11:45 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Looking good man. Glad to see the plants are improving so much.

--------------------
"I never post unless high.  Well that does explain a lot then."

"The best part about going to sleep each night is knowing that my plants will have grown more when I wake up in the morning."

"I smoked it then I became so tired that my eyes shut down automatically without my consent" - My Chinese GF, Oct 23, 2009 :smile:

Starting your first GROW, things you should ask/answer before you do

Current Grow Journal

OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

Re: First Grow - 400w, custom hydro flood n drain, Power Skunk & Power Haze [Re: Azyle00]
    #307750 - 11/01/09 12:15 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Hey your res is gonna fuck up your grow, just go to a hardware store and get black spray paint for plastics and give that thing like 5 coats. Thats what I did for this old school ebb&flo system I made years back and it worked perfect.

--------------------

OfflineTomCollins

Re: First Grow - 400w, custom hydro flood n drain, Power Skunk & Power Haze *DELETED* [Re: TheShroomJew23]
    #307751 - 11/01/09 12:21 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by DonkeyDong69

Reason for deletion: security

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Edited by TomCollins (11/01/09 12:22 PM)

OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

Re: First Grow - 400w, custom hydro flood n drain, Power Skunk & Power Haze [Re: TomCollins]
    #307754 - 11/01/09 12:29 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I read that man, I was just saying that its also a very easy fix.

--------------------

OfflineTomCollins

Re: First Grow - 400w, custom hydro flood n drain, Power Skunk & Power Haze [Re: TheShroomJew23]
    #307757 - 11/01/09 12:42 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I realize it's an easy fix. In fact I think I even said that myself. However, rather the going down the cheap route, I think the plants would benefit from water constantly being filtered and oxygenated. Not only that, but read up on some of the stuff subculture does. 

I think it's very evident, I'm quick at fixing a problem if it needs fixing. If I wanted a quick and easy fix, that rez would have already been ripped out. That's not the route I'm going however.

--------------------
andyistic said:
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

#307816 - 11/01/09 03:33 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Ok man, keep updating your grow. I will be watching.

--------------------

OfflineTomCollins

Re: First Grow - 400w, custom hydro flood n drain, Power Skunk & Power Haze [Re: TheShroomJew23]
    #308395 - 11/02/09 05:59 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

- Update -

--------------------
andyistic said:

OfflineTomCollins

#310440 - 11/05/09 05:36 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Update.

--------------------
andyistic said:

OfflineCannaboid
Gang Green Gang
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #313032 - 11/09/09 09:03 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:billymaythumbup: I'll keep an eye on this grow.

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: First Grow - 400w, custom hydro flood n drain, Power Skunk & Power Haze [Re: Cannaboid]
    #314596 - 11/12/09 07:13 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:popcorn:

OfflineCannaboid
Gang Green Gang
Male User Gallery

Re: First Grow - 400w, custom hydro flood n drain, Power Skunk & Power Haze [Re: Triptonic]
    #316148 - 11/15/09 07:37 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Still watching, sucks that males came up. :hissyfit:

--------------------

OfflineTomCollins

Re: First Grow - 400w, custom hydro flood n drain, Power Skunk & Power Haze [Re: Cannaboid]
    #316153 - 11/15/09 07:40 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Whatever dude. It's my first grow and I made a pile of mistakes that isn't even funny to look at. I'm just happy right now that emerging from the horrific neglect and stupidity that these plants endured for the first few weeks of their lives, I have two awesome female plants.

Next grow, I won't make as many mistakes.

--------------------
andyistic said:

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #316275 - 11/15/09 09:20 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

So how far into flowering are you?

How much more can you raise your lights?  Those plants are going to double in height still if you just began flowering... Be careful dude, those plants are going to be too large for that grow space if you don't do some SERIOUS training to them.  Not criticizing but I noticed it's your first grow and you may not understand how much they stretch and bush out after you switch the lights for the first 4-5 weeks.

Nice grow so far though!  Just make sure you have room and switch the damn lights already before those plants are 6' tall and you are much too overcrowded!

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Loc: CANADA
Re: First Grow - 400w, custom hydro flood n drain, Power Skunk & Power Haze [Re: Inverted]
    #316288 - 11/15/09 09:28 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

You need to implement scrog.  I think the plants have been stretching too much all their lives. Can you implement a scrog and have a "ceiling" for all future growth at the minimum light distance?

Your plants have really grown though from when you first started posting pics, looking good.

--------------------
"I never post unless high.  Well that does explain a lot then."

"The best part about going to sleep each night is knowing that my plants will have grown more when I wake up in the morning."

"I smoked it then I became so tired that my eyes shut down automatically without my consent" - My Chinese GF, Oct 23, 2009 :smile:

Starting your first GROW, things you should ask/answer before you do

Current Grow Journal

OfflineTomCollins

Re: First Grow - 400w, custom hydro flood n drain, Power Skunk & Power Haze [Re: Azyle00]
    #316400 - 11/16/09 06:11 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah I thought the sativa plants looked a bit stretched as well. Their branching is really think though, and I've been tying them down more. I don't get it, I had the light right up close for a long long time. I think if I grow haze again, I'll install a scrog somehow.

--------------------
andyistic said:

OfflineTomCollins

Re: First Grow - 400w, custom hydro flood n drain, Power Skunk & Power Haze [Re: Inverted]
    #316408 - 11/16/09 08:16 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
So how far into flowering are you?

How much more can you raise your lights?  Those plants are going to double in height still if you just began flowering... Be careful dude, those plants are going to be too large for that grow space if you don't do some SERIOUS training to them.  Not criticizing but I noticed it's your first grow and you may not understand how much they stretch and bush out after you switch the lights for the first 4-5 weeks.

Nice grow so far though!  Just make sure you have room and switch the damn lights already before those plants are 6' tall and you are much too overcrowded!

Sorry, I didn't catch your post yesterday. Holy shit, they still grow during flowering? Omfg. I thought I was sort of peaking out here. I haven't even started flowering man. I don't plan to for another week or so too. I want to be sure all the plants are developed enough. Plus I still have yet to build my air filtration system, and I have to light tight the closet still! Thanks though for letting me know! I've been doing quite a bit of tying, but more so just to pull branches off of one another. Fuuuck.... wow, I hate it how clueless I am. I'll try and do much more tying down. It's hard though... not much to tie down to.

--------------------
andyistic said:

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #316455 - 11/16/09 10:33 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

What Inverted said, you need to flip those to 12/12 ASAP. The longer you wait the more likely you are to seriously regret it. If you start flowering today and supercrop during the stretch you might be ok, but that is not much more room to work with.

They don't appear to be topped either, you should do that now since they are still in veg. That will stunt vertical growth near the top for a while and allow the plant to bush out and bulk up.

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (11/16/09 10:38 AM)

OfflineTomCollins

Re: First Grow - 400w, custom hydro flood n drain, Power Skunk & Power Haze [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #316466 - 11/16/09 11:42 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

206 said:
What Inverted said, you need to flip those to 12/12 ASAP. The longer you wait the more likely you are to seriously regret it. If you start flowering today and supercrop during the stretch you might be ok, but that is not much more room to work with.

I'm not comfortable switching over today. I will wait until the end of this week. I still have more work to do on the closet. Until then I will be tying down more aggressively. Like I said, I still need to install a vent and filtration system, and light proof the closet. Without doing this, I feel that the plants would be in more danger than if I were to wait a few more days.

Quote:

206 said:They don't appear to be topped either, you should do that now since they are still in veg. That will stunt vertical growth near the top for a while and allow the plant to bush out and bulk up.

I disagree. In fact, I think this is the worst advice you could give someone this far into vegetation. This is a great method very early into vegetation, and I'm very excited to do this in my next grow; however, the stress could fuck the plants up at this point. Not only that, but your telling me to top them and then switch to 12/12. Sorry, that sounds like a bad idea to me.

Golden rule, as I understand is no stress for the last 2 weeks of veg. Also, one of them has been topped - didn't seem to slow it down too heavily.

In any case, I'm definitely not switching today - I'm simply not ready and I'm definitely not topping them. I'm going to do a lot more tying down tonight.

--------------------
andyistic said:

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#316496 - 11/16/09 12:54 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Ya dont top, you can wait a while to switch to flowering if you want to man. It wont hurt the plants any. Like you said tie them down and the bottom branches will get more light. Plus its low stress.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates