Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetemporarygate
optimze smell/look of harvest?
    #143482 - 11/11/08 02:12 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I was wondering what can be done to change the smell and the look of the bud? Like how can I make my harvest look amazing? More red, or more purple, etc. And what can I do to make the smell more potent, or more like orange or something. Would taking fresh vanilla and boiling it in water and using that water in a hydroponic setup make the bud taste or smell like vanilla? Any information would help, thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: optimze smell/look of harvest? [Re: temporarygate]
    #143503 - 11/11/08 06:21 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Anything added to the root zone for flavor, like vanilla, will not be absorbed by the roots of your plants. They will not change the taste or smell whatsoever. Taste and smell are purely genetic traits, if you want a certain smell, buy genetics that have that smell. As for color, that is mostly genetic as well but you can bring it out in plants that normally would not, by bringing the night time temperature to lower levels. Mind that some plants, no matter how cold, will never turn purple.

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

Offlinetemporarygate
Re: optimze smell/look of harvest? [Re: Dr. Penguin]
    #144522 - 11/13/08 08:26 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

this is a interview with the "father of white widow":
http://www.sjamaan.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=11&TopicID=2988&PagePosition=1

a small portion:

Grow? How exactally do you go about that? Do you plant a lemon tree next to a cannabis plant and the taste smell carry over?
Ingemar: it may sound stupid but you could do it that way, I myself have devloped a different way.
Grow? And that would been…………
Ingemar: when you use a fertilizer based on mango compound, the cannabis plant can obtain the falvor

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: optimze smell/look of harvest? [Re: temporarygate]
    #144983 - 11/15/08 01:30 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

http://www.planetganja.com/highsociety/showthread.php?t=5778

Quote:

hi P730 Ingemar is not the original breeder of the widow the breeder of the white widow is infact shantibaba .

Ingemar has a weed site ( 'White Widow Web' ) .

Heres some replies from shanti explaning things.

I created Greenhouse Seed company in 1995 and won the HTCC with the strain I called White Widow.Now I call it Black Widow since setting up the MR NICE SEEDBANK. I know Ingemar and have worked with him in the passed.He is not a seed breeder, but he he a very good groweron soil.As far as I know he never supplied seed to anyone I know so I cannot tell you anything about the seed he sells ,but he never won the fame with his seed.He just uses the name like most people do...nothing to stop them doing so.I hope this explains a little more about the story...all the best Shantibaba

Thanks for the question and for following my breeds over the years.Now to answer your queeries, the Mr Nice Black Widow(the new name for white widow)has origins from a Brazilian sativa and aSouthern Indian sativa/indica making the female progeny not an economic success. However as you have discovered, the widow male has the majority of dominancy in this hybrid and if selected with interest, can most definitely help you go on with your own strains.You seem to be quite up with the way growing works so all I can suggest is low food mix when flowering the widows...it responses better to lower EC levels. I usually flower it with ph 5.8 and EC of 1.4-1.8...and always ph adjusted water only for the last 2-3 weeks of flowering. I hope this helps sort out any problems and clears up the observations you made. All the best Shantibaba

Thanks for the letter.Let me clear the air.I do not give a rats arse whether you buy my seeds or someone elses.I breed seed for the punters out their and I know what I have done and what I have to offer. I also do not down other people or seed companies....everyone has an aim and equal purpose. When I talked about Ingemar and the WW, I am tired of the same misinformation put out to confuse the punter.I tell the truth about seed and the stories around them. If you do not believe that you should just ask the other party concerned what you asked me and work it out yourself...like most things in the life.
I was a grower first and due to the bullshit offered to me and fellow growers I became what I am now purely out of pursuit of the real thing...not what Joe Blow says it is for a quick sale. I do not need your money to do my thing. I just decided it is better to get my work out there than risk loosing it all if something happened to me. I think you call that sharing. Howard Marks(MR NICE) and I have been through the mill and got out. We want people to share alot of unnecessary mistakes we already made, and by being responsible try to help others from the same. But most people would never know that unless they convince themselves of the facts. That is why we came on the seed market with our favourite 12 strains. The original Seedbank that became sensi seed had another man who was of equal influence in genetics. He contributes also to MR NICE SEEDBANK. Now knowing all this, you are left to make from it what you will...but that sir are the facts.
Just to answer the question about why WW nugs were supplied by different people to the coffeeshops. If you really know how small the producion is and how big the demand is then you would quickly realize you need 10 growers to supply WW, to keep it on the menu. So sure Ingemar supplied and still supplies coffeeshops, as do many others. They all use the same clones but they all differ in final products, that my friend is a fact of life. We are all individuals, and therefore noone does the same as the others.This by the way goes for all other strains and if you would like to ask someone if that is true then ask a coffeeshop owner if they ever get exactly the same product time and time again from the same person...
I hope you can find some sense in all this rambling but you asked. All the best Shantibaba

I encourage you to try it out on your own if you don't believe me. I have much too much classical training to be able to accept that a molecule as big as any involved in taste or smell would be able to be absorbed by roots. But please, try it and let me know. Best of luck,
Penguin

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

Offlinejohnnyblaze2316
mr.
Male
Re: optimze smell/look of harvest? [Re: Dr. Penguin]
    #161771 - 12/13/08 01:01 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

why not grow it right!, trim it right!, dry it right!, and cure it right!.

--------------------
CALIFORNIA PROP 215 MEDICINAL CANNABIS PATIENT!!!

Edited by johnnyblaze2316 (12/13/08 01:02 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds