Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethe man

nute lock from ph for flush?????
    #501798 - 11/29/10 11:59 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

i just had an idea. let me know what you guys think. This is particularly for soil were a flush may be hard to do. basically raise or drop your PH to create a nute lock to provide an artificial flush. there are obvious reasons why this is not ideal, but say for an outdoor plant may be worth it...  ?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: nute lock from ph for flush????? [Re: the man]
    #501810 - 11/30/10 01:43 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Because using the ph will lock out some of the nutrients but not all of them. Some lock out when it's to high others when it's to low.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinethe man

Re: nute lock from ph for flush????? [Re: Magash]
    #501900 - 11/30/10 10:04 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

but in a situation such as an outdoor ground grow where a flush would be impossible?  jut a thought, but prob not worth buggering up the soil

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #501945 - 11/30/10 12:23 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

In that case you pretty much just have to know the strain and the timing of the harvest and then just stop all feeding of the plant and let it use what's there and it's built in reserves.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

Offlinethe man

#501946 - 11/30/10 12:26 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

coo thanks magash. just popped into my head as something that may work in some cases. :smile:  Cheers

InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

Loc: KOREA
    #501947 - 11/30/10 12:27 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

You couldn't just give the plant a shitload of water, and let it runoff into ground water? That should pretty much flush whats around the plant, I think.

--------------------
:advisory:

“If you want to find out who your real friends are, sink the ship. The first ones to jump aren’t your friends.” — Marilyn Manson

This isn't the correct place to confront me on anything.

Forum full of dead stars, and a necro I called Coma White

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: nute lock from ph for flush????? [Re: Laysthepipe]
    #501955 - 11/30/10 01:23 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah if you have really good drainage. In order to get a decent flush you should use 3  gallons of water for every gallon of soil. :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

Loc: KOREA
    #501964 - 11/30/10 02:29 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Yeah if you have really good drainage. In order to get a decent flush you should use 3  gallons of water for every gallon of soil. :wink:

So as far as planting into the ground goes, i guess this is one of the pros to digging a large hole and filling it in with the soil you want the plant to grow into (good draining soil).

--------------------
:advisory:

“If you want to find out who your real friends are, sink the ship. The first ones to jump aren’t your friends.” — Marilyn Manson

This isn't the correct place to confront me on anything.

Forum full of dead stars, and a necro I called Coma White

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #501971 - 11/30/10 02:51 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

the man said:
i just had an idea. let me know what you guys think. This is particularly for soil were a flush may be hard to do. basically raise or drop your PH to create a nute lock to provide an artificial flush. there are obvious reasons why this is not ideal, but say for an outdoor plant may be worth it...  ?

What do you fertilize your outdoor plants with? I've never been concerned about giving my outdoor plants a flush.

Plants in the ground have a lot of their nutrients washed away and should be really hungry by the time harvest rolls around. I dig holes, amend, and don't really worry about having to flush I amend with organics and the plants are fairly hungry by the time I harvest not like a indoor flush but to satisfaction.

I've pondered the effects of pH to lock out nutrients but was advised not to by many people, can't remember the reasons if they gave any. Two things I could see being an issue are if you're reusing the medium it would need to be pH corrected, and if your medium becomes extremely acidic or basic your roots may be damaged and I could see that being an issue if your plant isn't uptaking water and has 2 weeks to finish.

I think a moderate feeding throughout even up until harvest would be a better idea. Granted I haven't smoked the buds but many many many growers feed with moderate ppms and don't need to flush to have quality buds. I'm talking 250-750 PPM, some use higher and don't flush. Neville apparently never flushed his hydroponically grow weed, ran a single reservoir for 10 rooms veg or flower, entered these buds into the High Times Cannabis cup under bio and hydro and won both categories. This sort of makes me ill I want to see if there's a difference between moderate and and extreme feedings with a flush IMO a lot of hydroponic buds I've had even those that were flushed for 2-3 weeks were lacking compared to organic buds I've smoked this is my personal observation though and I do release that most people consider the hydro vs. bio debate to be a matter of cult like beliefs not being lived down. Chewing on the stems and leaves of plants using moderate and extreme feedings you can definitely tell which plant is which that's something to consider.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order