Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCali_Quick
The New Guy

My Grow
    #267794 - 08/20/09 12:44 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Disclaimer: Anything and Everything I say is a lie, I do not, will not, and do not support or condone growing or the use of Marijuana. Any pictures already exist on the internet and all statements that I make are lies and are not to be taken seriously.

Well this is my first grow and I received three plants today that seem to be about three weeks old (about 6-7inches, but have suffered cuts for cloning I presume) and I have them in a closet under two CFLs putting out 2700 lumens each with a box fan blowing towards them on the lowest setting.

Temp: 75-80 degrees
Humidity: (unknown, but it is not high, It is in a mountain climate)

They are in Super Soil in ( I think) a 3 gallon pot.

Here is my water/nutrient setup;

Distilled water + General Hydroponics Maxi-Grow (20-5-14 at 1 tsp per gallon) + Earth Juice "Hi-Brix" molasses

Question: I am currently watering them whenever the top three inches of the soil seem dry is this right?

Foilair feeding - Age Old Kelp (.30-.25-.15 mixed into 1 gallon of pH balanced distilled water then put into a 360 degree sprayer) Refer to the question below as I have not started this nutrient regimen on the plant.

Question: How often should I foilair feed and can it cause nutrient burning?

Question: How long should I keep them in Veg? I have three strains; White Widow, Train Wreck, and Purple jack.

EDIT: Well this forum seems to be dead and to be little or of no use to a practical grower since no information has been shared in response of this post and its already been 11 hours since the post, on shroomery, this thread would have already had all of the question answered, i have to say, I'm disappointed. <In spite of this I did find out that most poeple run a 1 month veg and a 2 month flower cycle from personal contacts>

Question: I do not have a HPS light or a ballast yet, are there any ones that stick out (good quality at a fair price?)

Question: I am currently using a solution to test the pH of the water, I have noticed that some people list nutes as ppm, is there a specific device to measure this like a combo tool that would measure the PH and would allow me to read the ppms of nutes?

Question: With three plants should I attempt a SOG with this soil setup? (not specifically addressing FurrowedBrow, but if you could answer this it would definitely help me with my grow), continually trimming the tops to keep them even?

Question: when people say flushing their plants, are they saying that they are just going to water them without feeding them, or is this the two weeks before harvest where they are not going to feed their plants any more food?

Question: wiping down leafs Is this done just by spraying the leafs with pH balanced water and wiping them down with a clean paper towel?

EDIT: < I asked a personal contact and they said that the above information was correct>

Question: If I spilled my water with food on the leafs of the plant what should I do (I would assume that I  should just wipe the leafs down, but it is better for one to learn than to assume)? will this harm the plant?

EDIT: < I asked a personal contact and they said that the nutrients should be fine and that the leafs would absorb some of the nutes themselves, but to wipe them down if they appeared coated with a dried substance>

Can I get some opinions on this grow, any advice?

I will post pics ASAP to try and get some help with each plant so that you can see the specific problems with each of them.

--------------------
Cali_Quick

Edited by Cali_Quick (08/20/09 03:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCali_Quick
The New Guy

Re: My Grow [Re: Cali_Quick]
    #267966 - 08/20/09 03:18 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

da bump

--------------------
Cali_Quick

OfflineMushr00m_Man
 User Gallery

#269674 - 08/23/09 11:39 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

pics please

--------------------
SMOKE MARIJUANA

OfflineLucid
Monster Plant Creator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada-ish. Flag
Re: My Grow [Re: Mushr00m_Man]
    #284699 - 09/22/09 12:57 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

apparently we use our imagination on this thread.

OfflineBlazingMonkeys
Stranger
    #285843 - 09/24/09 04:16 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Cali_Quick said:
Disclaimer: Anything and Everything I say is a lie, I do not, will not, and do not support or condone growing or the use of Marijuana. Any pictures already exist on the internet and all statements that I make are lies and are not to be taken seriously.

Well this is my first grow and I received three plants today that seem to be about three weeks old (about 6-7inches, but have suffered cuts for cloning I presume) and I have them in a closet under two CFLs putting out 2700 lumens each with a box fan blowing towards them on the lowest setting.

Temp: 75-80 degrees
Humidity: (unknown, but it is not high, It is in a mountain climate)

They are in Super Soil in ( I think) a 3 gallon pot.

Here is my water/nutrient setup;

Distilled water + General Hydroponics Maxi-Grow (20-5-14 at 1 tsp per gallon) + Earth Juice "Hi-Brix" molasses

Question: I am currently watering them whenever the top three inches of the soil seem dry is this right? 3-5 inches is perfect.

Foilair feeding - Age Old Kelp (.30-.25-.15 mixed into 1 gallon of pH balanced distilled water then put into a 360 degree sprayer) Refer to the question below as I have not started this nutrient regimen on the plant.

Question: How often should I foilair feed and can it cause nutrient burning? Yes, it can cause nute burn. I always give advice to regular feed rather than foliar feeding. It is just easier. Not only that, but I find once the fert water has evaporated, the nute residue leaves a white looking dust on the leaves. I would say ignore the foliar, and just go by regular feeding.

Question: How long should I keep them in Veg? I have three strains; White Widow, Train Wreck, and Purple jack. It is really up to you and the size of your space. You can veg them anytime you like. If you don't have much space, you should veg for shorter time.

EDIT: Well this forum seems to be dead and to be little or of no use to a practical grower since no information has been shared in response of this post and its already been 11 hours since the post, on shroomery, this thread would have already had all of the question answered, i have to say, I'm disappointed. <In spite of this I did find out that most poeple run a 1 month veg and a 2 month flower cycle from personal contacts>

Question: I do not have a HPS light or a ballast yet, are there any ones that stick out (good quality at a fair price?) Look for anything by lumatek. They are usually fairly cheap, with the best quality.

Question: I am currently using a solution to test the pH of the water, I have noticed that some people list nutes as ppm, is there a specific device to measure this like a combo tool that would measure the PH and would allow me to read the ppms of nutes? I have this one. It works wonders although it is costly. I find that for alot of my grows, these meters are barely neccessary, but helpful.

Question: With three plants should I attempt a SOG with this soil setup? (not specifically addressing FurrowedBrow, but if you could answer this it would definitely help me with my grow), continually trimming the tops to keep them even? Well, it's up to you. If you have the space, I would say just grow them to the space available.

Question: when people say flushing their plants, are they saying that they are just going to water them without feeding them, or is this the two weeks before harvest where they are not going to feed their plants any more food? Both actually. You flush when your plants are getting burned by the nutes and during the last two weeks until harvest. You should also flush everyt now and then just to leech the soil from all the salt buildup.

Question: wiping down leafs Is this done just by spraying the leafs with pH balanced water and wiping them down with a clean paper towel? Pretty much an distilled water will do it fine.

EDIT: < I asked a personal contact and they said that the above information was correct>

Question: If I spilled my water with food on the leafs of the plant what should I do (I would assume that I  should just wipe the leafs down, but it is better for one to learn than to assume)? will this harm the plant? No, it won't harm the plant if it is a small amount. Just leave it, and wipe it if a white dust appears.

EDIT: < I asked a personal contact and they said that the nutrients should be fine and that the leafs would absorb some of the nutes themselves, but to wipe them down if they appeared coated with a dried substance>

Can I get some opinions on this grow, any advice?
Not really, it looks like your doing fine. Message me if you have any other questions.

I will post pics ASAP to try and get some help with each plant so that you can see the specific problems with each of them.

There you go.

Edited by BlazingMonkeys (09/24/09 04:20 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds