Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJras23
Stranger
My First Grow Now Indoors!!! Need Tips, Tricks, and Advice: **New Pics 6/25/09**
    #232245 - 05/26/09 01:46 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Ok so me and my friend are starting a outdoor grow. He had about 60 seeds saved up over the past year, so we decided to put them to good use.

A while back He had all rdy tried to grow a seed or two first by germinating it in a paper towel then transplanting in a cup with some soil off the ground. By just feeding it water it grew and sprouted and formed a couple leaves. Eventually he couldnt take care of it cause it was by his house so it died.

Now were trying again to do a legit outdoor grow (i know its late) i have been reading up on this website for information about growing for the past couple days.

I just came back home from scouting out a spot with my friend and we found a great one deep in the woods with a whole over it where sunlight beams down next to a nice stream. Perfect Spot. We planted 3 seeds (that we started germinating the night before) just in some mossy dirt. We then watered the spot and left

Now our next step is to germinate the rest of the seeds untill we see roots then proceed to put them in some soil and care for them untill we see them sprout and form a couple leaves then transplant them to our spot.

Now i have a few questions

When i transplant them i know im going to need to dig a whole and pour some organic soil recipe in with the plant. Ive seen so many recipes on this site i dont know which one to try or were to get any of the stuff i need like worm castings or fish emulsion its all very confusing.

The same goes for plant food when it starts to vegitate and then flower.

Plz help me send ur tips and tricks and recipes my way! Thanks
Pictures of the spot with be up soon

New Pics 5/29/05

Seeds Rooting!

The Soil

Pots

Our Grow Spot In the Woods Took these on a gloomy day

Edited by Jras23 (06/25/09 12:35 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: My First Outdoor Grow In the Woods!: Need Tips, Tricks, and Advice [Re: Jras23]
    #232852 - 05/27/09 01:04 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

since this is your first grow, you should take things slow to learn the ropes.  don't worry too much about soil recipes or feeding schedules.

just dig some holes and fill them with nice, dark dirt.  maybe get some potting soil from home depot.  ask someone what the best stuff is for growing tomatoes.  while you're there take some time to look through the available soil mixes.  chances are you'll come across half the stuff you're having trouble finding.

the best approach is to not think of things as overly complicated.  growing is really quite easy, especially outdoors.  the best way to learn is to start out easy, and let things take their natural course. 

keep us updated with some photos.

:gethigh:

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root

Invisiblejwes420
Support Legalization!
 User Gallery

Loc: NE Great Lake Region
Re: My First Outdoor Grow In the Woods!: Need Tips, Tricks, and Advice [Re: Jras23]
    #232985 - 05/27/09 04:39 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Good luck! :thumbup:
I have to say though, that you don't really need 60 something seeds. Do ya, really? Let's say that half of them are fem's w/4ozs per, your looking at 7.5 pounds of fluffy popcorn, and all the sticks they came from. You're still looking for a place to,
1. Keep track/care for 30+ plants.
2. Avoid the cops, or any one who has any possible chance of being around that many.
3. Keep fucking rippers from taking your shit.
4. Keeping fuckers from robbing your ass while you're carrying it(Before and after crop)!
5. A place to Dry and cure all of that shit! That's a lot of schticks and schwag.:ganja:

Tip though,:thumbup: Once your sprouts have produced enough nodes, pick a handful of hardy, well growing plants, and get enough nutes JUST FOR THEM! Even keep them inside, or in pots near the house until they're fully vegging plants, not sprouts. It sounds like your planting before you spot the males, Which is why I'm sayin' "do ya' need so many?" Half the fukkers are probably males, realistically.

By holding off on planting the Nutrient Fed Specimans, you can get an early look on how the local soil is treating the plants you already have outside. Check the ph too.
Just don't make it complicated. Odds are, you'll commit herbicide, like plenty of us have.  :happyhitler:

Happy Growing!!

Edited by jwes420 (05/27/09 04:58 PM)

OfflineJras23
Stranger
Re: My First Outdoor Grow In the Woods!: Need Tips, Tricks, and Advice [Re: jwes420]
    #233199 - 05/27/09 09:23 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks im going to do what you said and ounce the seeds germinate put them in a some pots of Fox Farm Ocean Forest Potting soil i looked it up and i found a place that sells it very close to my house. Then i will transplant them when they fully veg

OfflineYungpunk
NewKidOnTheBlock
 User Gallery

#233203 - 05/27/09 09:27 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

i took a pretty simple approach this year. 200 seeds 4 different spots. tilled up the ground then dropped in the seeds, rained that night. Ill be going back to check on them shortly :smile:

--------------------
Riots are the voices of the unheard.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

Offlinepsychedellious
 User Gallery

Re: My First Outdoor Grow In the Woods!: Need Tips, Tricks, and Advice [Re: Yungpunk]
    #234151 - 05/30/09 08:12 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

i think that you're thinking to hard about it. for a first outdoor grow especially in the woods you're deff going to want to make sure that your spot is secure, because 50% of the time while your watching your plants grow so are others. dont wory about your soil medium for an outdoor grow(for the ones planted directly into ground) as for the ones your starting and transplanting, use any organic soil and let it go. don't worry about nutes, mediums, or anything more complicated than the long list you already have to worry about. for now keep it simple and concentrate on making sure the plants stay yours and are not discovered by law enforcement or looters. good luck. and remember to keep it simple.

Outdoor 2009

UPDATE
first and second pic are when they were like 2wks old
third pic was taken a couple days after that approx 5.3in tall
UPDATE:today
approx 7.5in tall one plant showing 7 leaves

Edited by psychedellious (05/30/09 08:27 AM)

OfflineYungpunk
NewKidOnTheBlock
 User Gallery

Re: My First Outdoor Grow In the Woods!: Need Tips, Tricks, and Advice [Re: psychedellious]
    #234153 - 05/30/09 08:34 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

i see some trash in some of your pics, if somone can drop trash there somone can pull a plant there too! be careful and good luck buddy! im hoping to go check on my outdoor grow soon.

--------------------

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

Offlinepsychedellious
 User Gallery

Re: My First Outdoor Grow In the Woods!: Need Tips, Tricks, and Advice [Re: Yungpunk]
    #234157 - 05/30/09 08:51 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

YungPunk has a good point there. I didn't notice the bag in the trees off in the distance. you have to be very careful.

OfflineYungpunk
NewKidOnTheBlock
 User Gallery

Re: My First Outdoor Grow In the Woods!: Need Tips, Tricks, and Advice [Re: psychedellious]
    #234163 - 05/30/09 09:48 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

yea, do you take a path to get there or is your area blocked off? You should really rethink your idea one more time before you plant your ladies(crosses fingers).

--------------------

OfflineJras23
Stranger
    #234201 - 05/30/09 12:14 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

The area is blocked off. It should be fine

5/30/09 The Seeds Have Sprouted!. Its been cloudy all week but yesterday the seeds finally got some sun light and today i checked on them and two sprouted in the big orange pot

Now How Much Should i water them and how many times a week?

Edited by Jras23 (05/30/09 12:35 PM)

Offlineoxalic32
Male
    #234271 - 05/30/09 04:30 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Seedlings

Marijuana germinates best in a moist soil. Within a week, it grows a taproot three or four inches long. By the end of the first month, the root system may stretch over an area a foot and a half in diameter and go more than one foot down. Until then, the soil should not be allowed to dry out. Plants which have germinated during warm, sunny weather may need to be watered until the roots have grown deep enough to reach sub-soil moisture. When the soil three inches below the surface feels dry, seedlings should be watered, preferably by using a watering can or the spray setting on a hose. Gently water the soil, making sure not to disturb the seedlings or the soil surrounding. The soil should be thoroughly saturated so the moisture percolates down, encouraging the roots to grow deep. If the surface is only lightly watered, the roots may grow near the surface, leading to water problems as the soil gets drier during the summer.

After the first month, Cannabis does best when the soil goes through alternating moist and dry periods. This alternation allows the lateral roots to come into contact with air. By the end of the growing season, the root system may penetrate the soil to a depth of six feet or more. As long as they are not blocked by solid rock or dense clay, the roots grow by following a trail of moisture. If the trail leads deep, the roots follow. The deeper layers of soil are less likely to dry out during hot, dry weather.

Click here for source

InvisibleYthanA
٩(●̮•̃)۶
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Upstate NY
Re: My First Outdoor Grow In the Woods!: Need Tips, Tricks, and Advice: **Updated with Pics** (moved) [Re: Jras23]
    #234808 - 05/31/09 10:50 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

This thread was moved from Outdoor & Greenhouse Cultivation.

Reason:
By request

OfflineJras23
Stranger
Re: My First Outdoor Grow In the Woods!: Need Tips, Tricks, and Advice: **Updated with Pics** (moved) [Re: Ythan]
    #235129 - 06/01/09 05:47 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Ok update! 6/1/09

So far we have a total of 5 seeds that sprouted between two pots the orange pot has 3 plants and the green pot has 2. Meanwhile in the white pot one just sprouted today but is showing no leaves.

Also we have dug out our spot to grow in the woods today and planted 10 germinated seeds over there. We mixed some of the dirt with our ocean forest oil and then watered them.

I have some questions tho

The weather has been really nice and sunny this week so the plants are getting direct sunlight all day but what im worried about is that the nights are kinda nippy is that a problem for the plant or can they suck it up and deal.

And also are the plants in the pot too close to each other do i have to  transplant them.

Invisiblejwes420
Support Legalization!
 User Gallery

Re: My First Outdoor Grow In the Woods!: Need Tips, Tricks, and Advice: **Updated with Pics** (moved) [Re: Jras23]
    #235455 - 06/02/09 07:37 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

You should be looking for a transplant shortly. I'm dealing with the same weather @NY and the cold spells at night, especially the one we got friday/saturday will stunt the plants a bit. Possibly stress them, too if the weather keeps doing this lake effect crap.

I've noticed of my 11 outdoors, that the ones that are closer to the more dense/wet-wet soil, are stunted, and are going VERY slow. The sunlight that we do rarely get, is after 11am-8pm. I have 4 different terrains/spots outside right now, WNY.
  (3) are in 10" pots, near creek. One of these was killed by slugs, and two are growing slow but steady@ 3.5-4.5" w/only the first set of leaves+ new node growth. One of them is stretching far though, so I had to flatten the taller weeds around it.
  (4) are in 50/50 natural and mix soil, in a dense/wet creek bed/valley. I lost one to slugs here, too. The combination of cold nights(40F) and heavy rains, they are the worst of the lot. I'm not very hopeful about these.
  (2) more are in the creek valley, but in drier soil, with much less direct cold wind. One was attacked by bugs, and was heavily damaged,[image align=right][/image] the other is OK but is stunted@ 3" with 1st leaf set+new growth(1cm).
  My last outdoor spot is doing the best(so :derfase: far)of the Guerrilla Cells.
[image][/image]
  These (2) are in a 50/50 local soil/mix. They're growing steady, healthier, and faster than the sprouts out in Ferngully. The differences in terrain are surely the cause. These two are out of the lower creek valley by 20'elev. in a semi-dense underbrush/Locust tree area, with little-lite moderate canopy. The flora feeding on the soil here is: wild rose, rasberry, blackberry, strawberry, and random Apple/Cherry trees. My spot here in "Locust Trail" is a semi-dry area, amidst rose/rasberry and Locust trees.
  Being on the western side of an elevation drop, the sun hit's them directly at 9am or so, until 9pm/sundown. The higher elevation uphill from these sprouts is a corn/cow field. Everything runs down the hill and soaks up in this sweet spot. EVERYTHING grows good here, but it's location limits the amount of conspicuous plants that can grow here.

These last pictures are my precious babies. They're still inside under (2)CFL's @24hr, using two 65W/6500Kx2 at 1.5-2.5". I would hate to see more herbicide done to these plants, and I just can't take them out yet... They are still of unknown gender/strain, but they are doing 200x better than the OD's. One of them is really starting to get the skunk smell. I hope to get at least one fem outta' these ones. I started these pups on Fox Farm "Grow Big" nutes last night at 1ml less than 1tspn, per gallon, on Day 15.[image align=right][/image][image align=left][/image]

All of these OD and CFL plants were germinated at the same time. 15 days ago. I definitely recommend waiting until late-late spring before transplanting outdoors in upstate/WNY.

Good luck!:ganja:

--------------------

.........."And You Will Come to Find, that WE are ALL, ONE MIND.....
.....Capable of ALL that's IMAGINED, and ALL That's CONCIEVABLE.....

OfflineJras23
Stranger
Re: My First Outdoor Grow In the Woods!: Need Tips, Tricks, and Advice: **Updated with Pics** (moved) [Re: jwes420]
    #235576 - 06/02/09 02:20 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Dam so should i bring the plants in at night? so they wont be stunted by the cold air

and exactly how soon should i transplant them?

Edited by Jras23 (06/02/09 02:22 PM)

Invisiblejwes420
Support Legalization!
 User Gallery

#235807 - 06/03/09 12:57 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Whenever is good. The sprouts above have reached the bottom, night before last. I'm moving them tomorrow.

--------------------

.........."And You Will Come to Find, that WE are ALL, ONE MIND.....
.....Capable of ALL that's IMAGINED, and ALL That's CONCIEVABLE.....

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: My First Outdoor Grow In the Woods!: Need Tips, Tricks, and Advice [Re: Yrat]
    #235957 - 06/03/09 01:56 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Yrat said:
since this is your first grow, you should take things slow to learn the ropes.  don't worry too much about soil recipes or feeding schedules.

just dig some holes and fill them with nice, dark dirt.  maybe get some potting soil from home depot.  ask someone what the best stuff is for growing tomatoes.  while you're there take some time to look through the available soil mixes.  chances are you'll come across half the stuff you're having trouble finding.

the best approach is to not think of things as overly complicated.  growing is really quite easy, especially outdoors.  The best way to learn is to start out easy, and let things take their natural course.keep us updated with some photos.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head!!! The more you over think everything, the more of a chance you are going to do something wrong and kill the little fellers.  They grow naturally so they don't need human interaction.  Don't fertilize until at least 3 weeks and even then use a 1/2 dose just to be safe.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineJras23
Stranger
Re: My First Outdoor Grow In the Woods!: Need Tips, Tricks, and Advice [Re: Inverted]
    #237673 - 06/08/09 04:03 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Ok New update and pics 6/8/09

Ok im realy not sure what im going to do these plants they are t0o bunched together im not sure how im gonna transplant them without killing some of them. Anyone got any ideas? or should i just leave the strongest one alive out of the 3 in each pot and sacrifice the rest.

In Other news i got two new seeds of a unknown strain but there deff high grade there germinating right now.

Why are my plants stems bent over like that anybody know?

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #237676 - 06/08/09 04:18 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

You shouldn't kill them by transplanting the at that stage. Looks like enough soil between them to keep the roots covered. Just be quick to eliminate air exposure time. Have your pots or holes ready to go then carefully with a large table spoon cut the soil around each sprout. Most likely it will stunt the growth for a few days but hopefully no real harm done.

But honestly, I think i would just leave them in like that. Grow 3 in a cluster, it has been fine in the past for me. Just keep the clusters spread apart a good distance, because they can become huge looking bushes! When big enough i have tied the plants off to the side to give each plant in the cluster optimum sun in da middle.

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

OfflineJras23
Stranger
Re: My First Outdoor Grow In the Woods!: Need Tips, Tricks, and Advice [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #238169 - 06/10/09 12:13 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

SpaceMonkey said:
You shouldn't kill them by transplanting the at that stage. Looks like enough soil between them to keep the roots covered. Just be quick to eliminate air exposure time. Have your pots or holes ready to go then carefully with a large table spoon cut the soil around each sprout. Most likely it will stunt the growth for a few days but hopefully no real harm done.

But honestly, I think i would just leave them in like that. Grow 3 in a cluster, it has been fine in the past for me. Just keep the clusters spread apart a good distance, because they can become huge looking bushes! When big enough i have tied the plants off to the side to give each plant in the cluster optimum sun in da middle.

Ok cool if i dont have to serperate them i wont i just hear diffrent things some people tell me its gonna cause the roots to tangle and mess up the plants if you leave them in a cluster but some people say its fine

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies