Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesmdexter
Can you help me with this problem?
    #130713 - 10/09/08 05:31 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Hi guys,
It's my first time growing and I have some problems. I'm growing 4 Ladies and it seems that I've kind of problem with 3 of them. They are Arjan's Ultra haze 2 and forth one is Critical. I'm growing them from seeds and for the AUH2 is their 5th week. With the critical I haven't got any problems and it's growing faster.
I'm using this soil.The light is 125 W CFL Dual Light. The temperature is 18 -22 C. The ventilation is good enough I think.
Since now I haven't put any additional nutrition.

Edited by smdexter (10/09/08 05:34 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Can you help me with this problem? [Re: smdexter]
    #130717 - 10/09/08 06:10 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

smdexter said:
Hi guys,
It's my first time growing and I have some problems. I'm growing 4 Ladies and it seems that I've kind of problem with 3 of them. They are Arjan's Ultra haze 2 and forth one is Critical. I'm growing them from seeds and for the AUH2 is their 5th week. With the critical I haven't got any problems and it's growing faster.
I'm using this soil.The light is 125 W CFL Dual Light. The temperature is 18 -22 C. The ventilation is good enough I think.
Since now I haven't put any additional nutrition.

First off, welcome to the Growery! :jah:

What is the pH of the water the plant is receiving? Is it tap-water? If the water isn't being adjusted down to the right range, which I notice is listed on the page with your soil, then the chemistry of your soil and roots is not going to be balanced properly, and you're going to have problems with some nutrients getting locked-out. It kind of looks like that is what is happening.

If not that, then there might be an issue with the soil itself. It mentions that has a lot of nutrients that should last for weeks, and also that it only releases them when they are needed. The last part could be a problem, but since the other strain is doing fine and I'm assuming that it is more indica-dominant (who knows though, that website doesn't list any descriptions and is mostly selling strains named after other popular strains, which suggests its pretty much a knock-off site that is growing out other people's stuff, crossing it against itself once, and then selling the beans), it might just be that the Arjan's Ultra Haze 2, a much more sativa-dominant strain, is more sensitive to the nutrients the soil has.

The best thing you could do right now is to give the soil a good flushing, with an amount of water that is several times the size of the pot, making sure to adjust the pH of the water within the range of 5.8-6.2 (probably closer to the 6.2).

Also, to go further ahead a bit, a good thing to keep in mind when growing with CFL's is that they have a much lower intensity than HID lighting, which means that, from a certain distance away from the bulb, the light is going to be ineffective as far as the plant is concerned. When you put the plants into 12/12 for flowering, they are going to stretch in height about two to three times the size they were when the light cycle was changed. The plant really shouldn't be bigger than 2' tall, and considering how many weeks yours are in, it might be a good idea to make the change. The bulbs also shouldn't be more than 3" away from the tops of the plants, but you'll need to pay attention to the amount of heat.

What is a Dual Light? Also, what is the color temperature?

--------------------

Offlinesmdexter
Re: Can you help me with this problem? [Re: Sirius]
    #130719 - 10/09/08 06:53 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the quick answer.
You are right about your guesses the AUH2 is kind  sativa  strain and Critical is more indica. I'm using water directly from the tap. How to regulate the pH of the water?
Dual Light is also known as Purple light. It's CFL lamp which provides light in both Blue and Red spectrum.
I didn't understand this question:Also, what is the color temperature?
I guess is about "18-22 C" part. Under "C" I mean Celsius degrees.
I've just spoke with friend of mine and he has measured the pH of the tap water and it's 7.0.
For the flowering I'm qoing to put additional Red CFL 125W. I have about 1.8 m heihgh of my wardrobe so I think to grow the AUH2 plants until they become about 30-40 cm.
Thanks again :smile:

Edited by smdexter (10/09/08 07:58 AM)

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #131693 - 10/12/08 12:30 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

You regulate the PH with 'PH up' or 'PH Down' from the hydroponics store, you can buy a kit for ~20$ that has three bottles in it, PH Up/Down and a PH test chemical, it may be a good investment.

What sirius means by color temperature, is the color of the light that the bulb produces, it is usually listed on the box the bulb came in.

How old are the plants? How often are you watering them? Have you fertilized yet? It looks a bit like a PH problem to me as well. Ask your friend to test the PH of the runoff water next time you water your plants. We can figure this out, just keep us posted, good luck!

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

Offlinesmdexter
Re: Can you help me with this problem? [Re: Dr. Penguin]
    #131912 - 10/13/08 01:00 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I'm really happy to see how supportive you are
Tomorrow I'll post new pictures. I performed the following steps - I've added in the water about 0,5 ml Bio bizz Grow per litter and also lower the pH of the water a little bit (it's somewhere between 5 and 6 - I can't measure it precisely). Also I'm watering manually. During the weekend two of the plants get better  and I hope for the third one. The plants are in their fifth week.The light is "Dual Spectrum" 4200 K  it's in fact combining two bulbs in one "Full Spectrum" 6400 K and "SON-T Spectrum" 2100 K.
Respect and peace

Edited by smdexter (10/13/08 01:25 AM)

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #131941 - 10/13/08 10:04 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Your light sounds pretty nifty, take a picture of it if you remember, I would like to see. Make sure you let the soil dry out in between waterings, if the soil is moist all the time, the roots will drown. I'm glad to hear they are recovering. Keep up the great work!

--------------------
* My Cab
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Offlinesmdexter
    #132235 - 10/14/08 07:21 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Waaazaa :rasta:
Like I promise new pictures of my ladies. 3 of them are doing good so far. And the problem is still present for the forth. Absolutely no sense - same container, same nutrition same light .... shit happens I guess. Anyway I'm really happy that I've somebody to talk about this :tongue2:,  every advice is appreciated.  I'm wonder how much these 3 AUH2 plants will grow through the flowering?
Respect

Respect

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #132253 - 10/14/08 09:07 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I'm glad to hear they are recovering. The one plant that isn't responding is bad news, give it some time and love and maybe it will perk back up. Plants usually triple their size during flowering. I love that first picture. Maybe you could start a journal in the grow diaries section? Keep up the great work, I can't wait to see some buds!

--------------------
* My Cab
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #134707 - 10/20/08 12:16 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

keep in mind also, that when starting from seeds, you can germinate some bad genetics and no amount of work will save them.  Sometimes you just get crap, that's one of the downsides from growing from seeds.  You really never know what you're gonna get.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlinesmdexter
Re: Can you help me with this problem? [Re: coda]
    #135481 - 10/22/08 02:14 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Yo guys,
Just want to brag with my new setup :smile:. About the seeds - all of them suppose to be good quality strains I've order them from reliable sources. Anyway now everything is going pretty good. Take a look at the setup.
Respect

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #135520 - 10/22/08 08:51 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Looks great! Your plants seem pretty happy in there. You should start a journal in the growlog section.

--------------------
* My Cab
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order